MUSIC lover looking for setup a new system setup

pawan2012

Hello Everyone,

Advise requested from Seniors here who all i am sure started like i m doing now.

I am Pawan from Delhi/Gurgaon, India.

I am interested in building a music system for myself.

i have a room dedicated to myself wherein i want to relax with my music for sometime everyday far away from Family and just be with my music, that's why planning to cover up the balcony area as well, (it is a top floor in a condominium in Gurgaon), to reduce the Air conditioning sound from adjoining Mall, and hopefully succeed in making a sound proof or at least a moderately quiet room to listen to music.

Room size: Approx 28 feet by 12 feet

Requirements: Listen to music from Laptop wirelessly (Macbook Pro), and play cd etc.

I am very fond of Piano instruments and like the kinds of Brian Silas, Richard Clyderman, Rahul Sharma's Santoor and occasionally Lyrics from Kailash Kher, Karunesh etc.

My choice is generally at low volume to feel the music, at very rare instances i like to keep it high, but that is also a possibility (After a few Drinks i think:):yahoo:).

Now my possessions:

I bought a Marantz SR 5006 from one of my International flight from Hongkong for myself around 2 years back, but since i was using my Samsung 5.1 channel speakers by buying some speakers cables using the Airplay from my MAcbbok pro wirelessly, it worked fine of course the speakers were giving out what they could(Not as great quality what i have heard at some AV Shops).

Once while using it the electricity went out, and the system didn't start after that, all i could see was a flashing red light on the power indicator, i googled and found out that the system went into a safe mode.

I went to Bass and Treble at Gurgaon and met Mr. Danny and was told it requires some repair and will have to pay Rs. 5,000/- to get it repaired in Gurgaon, i agreed as i had no option, but i felt it was a ripoff, and still have to pick it up from his shop.

Now, since then i have not been able to figure out which speakers or Amp to buy for the same.

i am told i should buy a Stereo Amp to get pure music quality, i am willing to invest time and money for the same.

Budget: Around 1,00,000/- but can be increased to 1,50,000/-, and wondering if a great quality used speaker is a good idea to begin with.

i was thinking of maybe buying a good quality speaker at the moment and play with my Marantz for sometime and then buy a Stereo Amp or a Tube Amp as advised by some Shop owners in Delhi at Lajpat Nagar.

I don't mind buying a used nicely maintained system, provided a good deal is available.

I will appreciate responses, and if some senior members would like to share their experience i will be highly obliged, and if they agree i could send them my phone number on their Personal Message and learn from them,

Thanks for reading,

Regards,

Pawan

Hello Colleagues,

I bought Symphonic Line RG 14 Edition Integrated Amplifier (Germany) along with Ascendos C-8-C, with Naim V! Series DAC (England) and another DAC from Lindemann (Germany) along with Glory cables from UK.

It needs fine tuning i think, so many wires have confused me how to connect the Spade Speaker Cables to Bi wires of C8C speakers.

Right now i connected the C8C speakers to my Marantz SR5006, and it sounds amazing.

I'll update further as and when any changes take place.

Finally thanks for all of the seniors here for helping me, though i felt more confused with new names of brands thrown at me, but like everyone said Listen and then choose, Trust your ears,, i tried doing that, thanks again

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back