Musical subwoofer for Audio Engine A5

Aesthetics, may be for those who are inclined that way... But, is timbre matching a factor for subs? I don't think so...

Aesthetics, may be for those who are inclined that way... But, is timbre matching a factor for subs? I don't think so...

No timbre matching for true subwoofers (which do duty below 60hz)

but there are subwoofers which can do duty between, say, 40 hz and 800 hz (the seas aluminium cone 10" subwoofer, for example). In such a situation, if the subwoofer has a metal cone, it is, perhaps, better matched with metal cone main loudspeakers. (or paper with paper, or kevlar with kevlar).

though, admittedly, large paper cone subwoofers are not designed to work beyond 150hz?

Last edited:
So im thinking i should get the audioengine subwoofer and call it a day ?

Please reply if i need to buy the audioengine subwoofer at 18000 i would need to put in my order today.

Should i not consider the lithos subwoofer also?

So im thinking i should get the audioengine subwoofer and call it a day ?

Please reply if i need to buy the audioengine subwoofer at 18000 i would need to put in my order today.

Should i not consider the lithos subwoofer also?

You cannot go wrong with the combo. I went theough some reviews in amazon and nobody is disappointed.

Though Lithos is an excellent sub when isolated, Nobody can be sure about the combo without audition. Being too good also is bad as it may overpower the AE5s.

Also, note that bajaoo has 18k offer only till tomorrow. You need to decide before that.

I just made my order for the Audio Engine AS8 on bajaao. Now the wait begins :yahoo::clapping:

Wow.. Just saw that you are just a stone throw distance away. Instead of drooling over the pictures and review you might post, I can actually come over and audition. ;)

Wow.. Just saw that you are just a stone throw distance away. Instead of drooling over the pictures and review you might post, I can actually come over and audition. ;)

Although my home and family is in hyderabad, i reside in delhi as im working here. And the audioengine combo is for my delhi apartment. But would like to meet you next time im in hyd.pm me your number, you can come audition my home theater sometime which in hyd.

UPDATE:
The Audioengine AS8 subwoofer has arrived, been listening to it past few days. I am more than satisfied i find it is fast enough for psytrance. It really complements the A5's. I always had to turn these speakers high up since i always found bass lacking but now i do not need to do that anymore with the sub i am running these at much lower volume than i used to. The sub has added that low frequency effect which was missing from the sound signature. The system now sounds complete and is killer when i listen to trance.

I have setup the crossover around 60hz volume is barely 1/4th of the knob and it is vibrating quite a few things. :yahoo: The neighbors are not too happy about my new purchase :eek:hyeah:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back