My basic AV setup (5.1.2)

srinharish

Hi
These are all not purchased on same date i have been updating it over years say 4 years

Projector Optoma UHD300X (initially used hd141x)
Screen logic 110" 16:10 ratio
AVR - Yamaha RX-V583 (intially old sony HT 5.1)

Speakers
C, FL, FR and over head speakers taga 606
SL & SR taga S806
Sub taga sw-10 v.3

Himedia Q5 Pro for local content playback
Fire Tv stick 4k for ott.

My observation overall it has been good but dialogue levels are low in dolby audio's (i have came through verious settings but not improved much).However, it has been good in DTS.

i will appreciate any suggestions it would be help to improve my HT

Thanks to all

Regards
Harish S

Attachments

• IMG_20200928_115316__03.jpg
    IMG_20200928_115316__03.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20200928_115316__02.jpg
    IMG_20200928_115316__02.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20200928_115316__01.jpg
    IMG_20200928_115316__01.jpg
    856.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG-20200928-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20200928-WA0003.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG-20200928-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200928-WA0002.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Congrats. Looks like a good setup. How satisfied are you with the Taga speakers and the atmos effect?
Atmos effect has been good (considering the price) but not the best. Since my avr is basic atmos receiver and doesn't have any preout except sub.

Taga speakers are definitely VFM products
Regards

Last edited:
Did you try to change the center channel setting(db levels etc)?
Ya tried.
If i increase the center channel level it will affect other audio formats (like dts. Since it has been fine without any tweaks).

So i can't settle with one settings. I need to toggle every time based on the audio formats.
Otherwise it will be blowing sound in action sequence and quite in dialogue scenes in dolby audio.
To overcome this i have reduce my FL and FR level and increase my center channel level whenever i play movies with dolby audio.

One more thing. the dialogue level setting is also working for dts not for dolby.
Regards

Hi
These are all not purchased on same date i have been updating it over years say 4 years

Projector Optoma UHD300X (initially used hd141x)
Screen logic 110" 16:10 ratio
AVR - Yamaha RX-V583 (intially old sony HT 5.1)

Speakers
C, FL, FR and over head speakers taga 606
SL & SR taga S806
Sub taga sw-10 v.3

Himedia Q5 Pro for local content playback
Fire Tv stick 4k for ott.

My observation overall it has been good but dialogue levels are low in dolby audio's (i have came through verious settings but not improved much).However, it has been good in DTS.

i will appreciate any suggestions it would be help to improve my HT

Thanks to all

Regards
Harish S
The following options can be tried.

Try changing crossover 60 to 100 hz and check it,which is having good dialogue presence.
Instead of wall mount , place center on a small table with few distance from front wall and check for improvements.
Adjust the sub distance in AVR settings and check for any improvements.

The following options can be tried.

Try changing crossover 60 to 100 hz and check it,which is having good dialogue presence.
Instead of wall mount , place center on a small table with few distance from front wall and check for improvements.
Adjust the sub distance in AVR settings and check for any improvements.
Will try. But in my avr crossover is for global not for individual channel.
Center channel is not wall mounted it in plywood rack however it has not much distance from front wall (i will try to place in table).
Thanks for your suggestions
Regards

Sorry for going little off-topic here. In this thread and as well as in other thread, when people ask about the cost of AVR to the people how made a purchase of AVR or HT gears, people intentionally avoiding to tell the price or dealer from whom they bought. Is this something to protect the special deal they negotiated with? Just wanted to understand that..

Updated my avr to SR6014.
Thanks to @fLUX ,@RajithKumar
SrinHarish, how do you see the difference from your earlier Yamaha AVR and to this new AVR. Esp. the speaker's openness due to higher wattage on this new receiver? Also, people suggest to pick Denon if I am a movie buff, as Marantz is more of musical in style. What's your opinion?

Sorry for going little off-topic here. In this thread and as well as in other thread, when people ask about the cost of AVR to the people how made a purchase of AVR or HT gears, people intentionally avoiding to tell the price or dealer from whom they bought. Is this something to protect the special deal they negotiated with? Just wanted to understand that..
Well you answered your question :D

SrinHarish, how do you see the difference from your earlier Yamaha AVR and to this new AVR. Esp. the speaker's openness due to higher wattage on this new receiver? Also, people suggest to pick Denon if I am a movie buff, as Marantz is more of musical in style. What's your opinion?
First impressions itself very good. Checked some dolby atmos trailers it is way better than earlier receiver. But i need to spend some more time with it.
Regards
Harish

Hi selva
PM me for details (if interested). It is not that i don't want to share. Since the seller is unknown for me as well as fellow FM's. I don't want risk someone's money.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back