My DAC + Media player in one Box

chandan,very neat indeed.could u elaborate further on the components/thoughts/processes that went into the build?looks like every component in ur rig now has some mod to it eh :D?cheers

Cha Indian, Looks great boss. Way to go!
Ok I see an adaptor hooked to a transformer. I see rca outputs. And an output from the Dac board to it. But what about the media player part? Pl explain how you did it. Which Dac board have you used?

Thanks for the replies guys...

The DAC board is the bigger board on the right side. It is the HiFiDIY's PCM1798 board. The media player is EHP 606 stripped of its case. I boxed both of them in a fan cooled wooden enclosure. SQ is definitely better and much improved even for a 128kbps MP3 songs. Anybody want to audition are welcome to my home :)

EHP and DAC both have their own seperate power supplies. The adaptor is the power supply for enclosure and CPU fan of EHP. I used 9V to cabinet fan and 5V to the tiny fan for CPU.

iaudio: The RCA sockets are the output channel of the DAC. I could not fix all of them on the backside of cabinet and i had to move them back!! Not tidy but i wanted to maintain the standard component size of this box.

chandan,very neat indeed.could u elaborate further on the components/thoughts/processes that went into the build?looks like every component in ur rig now has some mod to it eh :D?cheers

You are right rallynut!!! Most of them are modified but my CD player is one which heavily modified. The only thing left to mod is the change the DAC of the cdplayer. I have plan for that also but not right now. Amp is just with different tubes! Thought process is just to solve the heat problem of EHP (it had no cooling earlier) and also improve sound using a DAC. I think i have solved both the problems!

So whatz up with your amp plans?

Last edited:
So whatz up with your amp plans?

chandan,they seem to be on hold,probably for a while :rolleyes:!!either way, as per our earlier conversation,am seriously lookin into that.lets see what happens ;).cheers

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back