My Dali zensor 3 initial impressions

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
IMO I couldn't find any difference after changing the wires. Also loudness control makes the music too bright for my taste. I turned it on only twice while listening at night. Anyways congratulations for the new setup! I just owe new set up and it's really amazing. Enjoy!

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

The Dali definately doesn't need a subwoofer for music that's for sure. They need a lil bit more space as well and are placement sensitive. Superior to the RtiA1 for sure but not by much. Haven't heard the rtiA3 so no basis of comparison.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thank u!

Sorted out the plug issue. My bad.... I didn't remove the screw from behind the speaker to plug the bananas!

These things have some serious bass! And movie watching is so much fun! Connected with the polk 550 sub, it's just a nice setup!

bd1cb0571db3f9b66d04d04a9808e625.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
Pls tel about the setup and price details.
Wats that subwoofer?how much u paid for dali 3?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Setup will completely change in a couple of days. Bought a marantz SR6005 to pair with the Dali. The subwoofer will also go tomorrow as I don't need it with the Dali.

Dali was purchased on the forum second hand from a member.

Haha sorry murli, it's your 6009, my bad ;-) u would know better hehe!

Hi Celester340

How is the experience now with the SR6009 and the Dalis? I am sure its much more refined and better!

So far so good! Although I'm out of Bombay for a couple of weeks, will go back and try and fiddle around a lil bit.

Ok so here's the thing. I ran audyssey that came with the marantz SR6009. Quick and simple, with my earlier tiny denon 520 BT and the bigger brother marantz SR6009, both needed about 65-70 on the volume scale for me to enjoy movies. I thought with the marantz being more powerful I would have had to open less volume on the scale. Not so. Any idea why?

All I can think of is increasing individual L and R speaker channel volume. Then the master volume can be dialled down to about 50. Is that a good idea? Increasing individual channel volume? Does that put more or less load in the amp?

Ok so here's the thing. I ran audyssey that came with the marantz SR6009. Quick and simple, with my earlier tiny denon 520 BT and the bigger brother marantz SR6009, both needed about 65-70 on the volume scale for me to enjoy movies. I thought with the marantz being more powerful I would have had to open less volume on the scale. Not so. Any idea why?

All I can think of is increasing individual L and R speaker channel volume. Then the master volume can be dialled down to about 50. Is that a good idea? Increasing individual channel volume? Does that put more or less load in the amp?
Mostly Audyssey levels are spot on.. Switch to db scale volume on your AVR.. Since you have already calibrated, 0 db on your AVR represents the reference volume... U might mostly hit around -20db or -15db on your AVR display, which means you are playing below reference volume on your AVR..

As long as you don't hit 0db on your AVR, you are fine..

Also enable Audyssey Dynamic EQ and Vol..

Thanks I gotta try that, out of home for a couple of days more, can't wait to go back and try what u said. Thanks mate.

If I get a center speaker and make my system a 3.1 ( dali front +Polk sub + center ), will it dramatically increase my movie watching experience? Mind u, there is NO plan to have rear surrounds in the future. Just a 3.1 system. Couple of my friends seem to think so and they are very reputable forum members. What say?

If I get a center speaker and make my system a 3.1 ( dali front +Polk sub + center ), will it dramatically increase my movie watching experience? Mind u, there is NO plan to have rear surrounds in the future. Just a 3.1 system. Couple of my friends seem to think so and they are very reputable forum members. What say?

Set the AVR to decode, surrounds as NO... 3.1 will improve the movie watching experience than a 2.0 (or) 2.1 system..All the surround info will be routed to front L & R..

Thanks again, I'm gonna try this in a couple of days too!

Ok just checked, -20 or 15db is very soft when I watch tv, even 0 is not very loud for that matter.

Dynamic eq is on
Dynamic volume set to medium.
Channel level adjust are all set to o db ( front l,r and sub)

Now what?

How are you finding bass and overall sound. Bought a Zensor 3 for my Dad paired with Marantz MCR 611 - bass is somewhat lacking - probably due to the Amp

If ur bass is lacking it’s definately due to the amp. The zensor 3 is huge in the bass department in my opinion.

Back