My Dali zensor 3 initial impressions

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Yes thanks, the chances of both turning on together is not possible because they are connected to different power supplies, but yes point noted thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Simple solution is keep only one power points to the amplifier and receiver. So than when you want to listen music plug on amplifier and when you want to watch movie plug on receiver. Else there are power switch's available , where you can toggle between amplifier and receiver.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Do you see a difference in the sound signature between Marantz stereo and denon receiver?

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

I haven't compared it honestly cause the marantz is only used for vinyl. The digital music and HT is all via the denon. Can't compare vinyl with digital. My Vinyl will kick ass digital any day!

Sometimes I have to put the "loudness" button on, otherwise the music seems quite flat.

With loudness on, the sound is big. I don't use source direct at all. Just speaker A or B.

Any reason for this?

Sometimes I have to put the "loudness" button on, otherwise the music seems quite flat.

With loudness on, the sound is big. I don't use source direct at all. Just speaker A or B.

Any reason for this?

If it sounds good to you, then it's all good.

MaSh

source direct is amplification without any processing, means the source is simply amplified. Loudness will amplify certain frequencies built into the pre-amp section.

Any reason for this?

What's the speakers cable you're using? Probably experimenting with the speakers positioning might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using DAC speaker wires bought from hifimart.

Could u suggest any other wires?

Without the loudness some music seems very flat. Push the loudness button to on and bam!

Without the loudness some music seems very flat. Push the loudness button to on and bam!

Again cables is one of the most subjective aspect of the hi fidelity world.
I'd suggest that you use 12awg cables at least, I'm using the ones from MX (Rs 150/m) and haven't felt like changing them ever since. They're pretty transparent in my experience with unparalleled VFM. If the DAC cables is 12awg don't bother with changing them.

Of course there are many cables which sound musical, roll the undue highs, accentuate the LF etc etc. But I prefer my cables to be transparent and the fact that they colour the sound itself obviates their whole purpose, that's faithful signal conduction. I'm stressing on 12awg because I could make out a difference between 14 and 12 awg easily in my setup.

Speaker positioning is one more thing that you need to experiment, Zensor 3 aren't as placement friendly as the Polk RTI a1 you owned earlier so check that aspect as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Celester340,

The Loudness button does make a difference in stereo integrated amps....this holds true for a Cosmic Lab 5000 series or even an Arphi AA140 or even Yamaha AX 800 series....its a kind of booster for Bass + Treble giving i guess almost 20% gain to output...

We have the same in Marantz AVRs......M-DAX (Low/Med/High)....this helps in boosting and also providing a clean clear output....

As Mash has said, if it sounds good to you....enjoy it!

Dali's are indeed very fussy about placement and so experiment placement spots for a couple of days with the same music (as reference), you will definitely find the one that works for you

All the best

Thanks currently I'm using 18 awg DAC wires. Maybe I'll change the to 12 gauge and see.

And yes speaker positioning is a real pain in the ass. The polks were so easy to place! But the sound and detailing from the Dali is amazing at times!

Ed, yes for now I just keep the loudness in on mode. I like the music that way I guess. It really bumps up the power quite a bit actually. Thanks mate!

The cables are fine, for the price, you won't get anything better. Regarding loudness, have you completed the number of hours specified as burn in time for speakers? It's subjective, but no harm following the manual. Using loudness could also be a preference of yours to feel exaggerated lows or other frequencies. Try switching sources playing the same song if possible. See if you find a difference.

MaSh

I think I probably need a lil more burn in time maybe for the speakers.

And yes I love it with the loudness on! Brings a lot more detail into the music too! I haven't heard so many instruments in my life before. I'm hearing lil crazy details in music it's so enjoyable.

I think I probably need a lil more burn in time maybe for the speakers.

And yes I love it with the loudness on! Brings a lot more detail into the music too! I haven't heard so many instruments in my life before. I'm hearing lil crazy details in music it's so enjoyable.
They're very resolving speakers so use a better guage speaker wires like 12awg to feed them with adequate power. Loudness switch probably enhances the base frequencies or non vocal frequencies I feel, so enjoy...

What's the volume level you're listening regularly? Spl level at listening position? Even a Smartphone app measurement is enough.

Ive read somewhere that the loudness control is meant for late night listening at low volume levels. And it boosts the frequencies in the lower mid range and the bass, to make it sound fuller even at low volumes. Exactly at which frequency does the boost start, varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Yeah positioning is important, as with all speakers. And the dali's are recommended not be toed in, but to fire straight ahead, because of the wide dispersion tweeter. So, in case you are finding the sound bright or fatiguing at times, removing the toe might help. Cheers enjoy the music now:eek:hyeah:

I have also kept the 'loudness' button 'on' on the Marantz Pm5005.
It does make the music sound better.
I do not have much scope to do position adjustments of the Dalis in my place, but I have noticed that normal mp3's do not sound that good. I mean not much better then my earlier setup which was 20 times cheaper.
With flac files, it is a completely different story. Of course there is variance in quality as well there.

Thanks currently I'm using 18 awg DAC wires. Maybe I'll change the to 12 gauge and see.

And yes speaker positioning is a real pain in the ass. The polks were so easy to place! But the sound and detailing from the Dali is amazing at times!

Ed, yes for now I just keep the loudness in on mode. I like the music that way I guess. It really bumps up the power quite a bit actually. Thanks mate!

Hey Celester,

I just got the marantz PM6006 and they are paired with The Pioneer AJ Book Shelves they sound quite nice.

What your impression of the Dali with the marantz and the Polks that you had earlier.

I was planning to get the Dali3 or the Polk rt3 with the Marantz and move the AJ's to do duty as surrounds .

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back