My Denon AVR frequently restarting! Need advice..

Dear Gentlemen,

Just wanna share a quick headsup. It seems the Chennai service center could not able to replicate my issue as there were no restart issues happened over there, so a technician called me up and I was voluntarily giving up all the details of power and voltage scenarios to him.
He told he will get the receiver in a couple of days to Trichy and asked me to perform a testing at the vendor's place before getting to my home.

Also, he has told me that there was a very similar kind of problem faced by another customer quite recently at Kaaraikkudi (a small city in south TN), and it has gotten rectified by following the below chain:
Mains > Inverter UPS > Stabilizer > AVR + TV.

And, yet I asked him if I can use a dedicated UPS for my AVR (I have a UPS for whole of the home from V-Guard, with tubular batteries).

Just one question here - just in case IF a dedicated UPS is warranted in this scenario, which one would be best one to go, costing 6-10k?

Note: I have started the process of getting a 3-Phase supply for my home, btw..
Did Denon write back?

Mr.Anbu, a luminous dealer installed me inverter that has not given me a single issue for many years. He is from Arumbakkam in Chennai but caters to whole of TN state. His number is 9094763120.
Thank you for your response sir, appreciate it.

What kind of inverter is yours? Just being curious here..
I already have an Inverter for the whole house which kicks in immediately if the power is gone, and does very well. Also I've tried testing by switching the mains off and running the HT only from the inverter, then the problem not happened even once. It was smooth.
But, that could not be the solution since mains has to be turned on for the other household items to run, right..
My problem is with low voltages, which happens daily almost.
So, will this chain work?
Mains> Servo stabilizer (2kva)> Home inverter (V guard Prime 850 + Exide 105Ah tubular batteries) > AVR+TV.
I've spent some time googling around this chain idea for sometime.

Kindly let me know, sir!

I already have an Inverter for the whole house which kicks in immediately if the power is gone, and does very well. Also I've tried testing by switching the mains off and running the HT only from the inverter, then the problem not happened even once. It was smooth.
But, that could not be the solution since mains has to be turned on for the other household items to run, right..
Mains> Servo stabilizer (2kva)> Home inverter

Nope, not yet, sir! :-(
Write to them, please, before any other decision.
There have been instances on this forum when things have worked out when people from Denon have coordinated with local dealers.

In one case, a suggested expensive parts replacement turned out to be not required after Denon support helped fix it with a software update...

Write to them, please, before any other decision.
There have been instances on this forum when things have worked out when people from Denon have coordinated with local dealers.

In one case, a suggested expensive parts replacement turned out to be not required after Denon support helped fix it with a software update...
I've already written to then quoting my AVR s serial number and stuff, sir. They've response was a FAQ page detailing out the 'possible' actions which doesn't answered my question in a right way, at least for now.

Mains> Servo stabilizer (2kva)> Home inverter (V guard Prime 850 + Exide 105Ah tubular batteries) > AVR+TV.

Kindly let me know, sir!

This post throws some light.. suggestions pls!

I've already written to then quoting my AVR s serial number and stuff, sir. They've response was a FAQ page detailing out the 'possible' actions which doesn't answered my question in a right way, at least for now.
oh, sorry. misunderstood...
reply to them with information about what the dealer told you and see what they say...
regards

Kindly let me know, sir!

My inverter is luminous 2kva with double battery. This chain is hooked on to an inverter line with a stabiliser on route to TV one subwoofer and one bluray. The home theater is hooked on to a 1kvs UPS which has AVR(2700H Denon) plus one subwoofer. It depends on the load - if u have a stabiliser plus ups plus your electronic AV equipments pulled by the main inverter better ensure stabiliser has bigger load capacity that powers the ups plus the rest of the gear.

Double boost stabilisers can deal with ultra low voltages.

My inverter is luminous 2kva with double battery. This chain is hooked on to an inverter line with a stabiliser on route to TV one subwoofer and one bluray. The home theater is hooked on to a 1kvs UPS which has AVR(2700H Denon) plus one subwoofer. It depends on the load - if u have a stabiliser plus ups plus your electronic AV equipments pulled by the main inverter better ensure stabiliser has bigger load capacity that powers the ups plus the rest of the gear.

Double boost stabilisers can deal with ultra low voltages.
Earlier my chain was looking like this, sir:

Mains > V Guard Prime 850 pure sine wave inverter > Aulten 5kva mainline stabiliser > Servo stabilizer 2kva > HT (AVR+TV+5.1 speakers)
= Problems (a lot, actually)

Now, mains >V Guard Prime 850 pure sine wave inverter ups (850va/600w with 105Ah battery) > servo stabilizer 2kva> Portronics power strip (with surge protection) OR Everest TV stabilizer > HT
= Problems (very less no of times)

Planned:
Mains > Servo stabilizer 2kva> inverter ups (850va) > HT and lights+fans (whole home).

Ps: I don't have a Blu-ray or a STB.

Earlier my chain was looking like this, sir:

Mains > V Guard Prime 850 pure sine wave inverter > Aulten 5kva mainline stabiliser > Servo stabilizer 2kva > HT (AVR+TV+5.1 speakers)
= Problems (a lot, actually)

Now, mains >V Guard Prime 850 pure sine wave inverter ups (850va/600w with 105Ah battery) > servo stabilizer 2kva> Portronics power strip (with surge protection) OR Everest TV stabilizer > HT
= Problems (very less no of times)

Planned:
Mains > Servo stabilizer 2kva> inverter ups (850va) > HT and lights+fans (whole home).
Might work out (my comment)

Ps: I don't have a Blu-ray or a STB.
800va pulls 2kva? Not good.

800va pulls 2kva? Not good.
Pasting the comment from stackexchange.com

//Make sure to buy a good stabilizer with twice the wattage of your inverter. A 2 KVA Godrej or Vguard stabilizer would do fine.
I have been using 3 inverters with this arrangement for 10+ years with no issues. But never connect a stabilizer to the output of your inverter as this may damage your inverter.//

Again, I'm not gonna tell this is THE solution, but since I'm in a position to test out all possible scenarios, I'm gonna try this one once i get the AVR (of course after cross checking with the Denon technician).

Gentlemen- a small update:

@k-pad Finally got a reply from Denon customer support thru email which i raised some days back. Here's the excerpt:

//From our experience, the digital board fail, it is happened the shut down the power. If Chennai service center staff has confirmed the symptom at service center, the digital board fail is correct.

On the other hand, if they can not reproduce this symptom, it is happened by CEC control via HDMI, but it is one of possibility.//

Got this from Denon's offical ID a while back..

//Dear Siva,

Thank you for your enquiry again.

Our AVR is supported the specification AC230V +- 5%. AC242V-218V officially.

On the other hand, working range is +-10% 256V-207V.//

So, the working range mentioned here is the optimal voltage range for the AVR to perform without any glitches/restarts, right???

Pls correct me if am wrong here!

Thank you.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back