My Denon AVR frequently restarting! Need advice..

Gentlemen,

Here I'm back after a while..

So after a lot of thoughts I've finally got a 3 phase connection from TNEB by not giving any bribe to the officers there. (Still had to shell out INR 3000 to the team of line men who are contract workers when they came to my home to work it out)..

So it costed me INR 13500 (for EB) and a good 12k for internal wiring, MCBs, board etc.

It's been a month since I've gotten the 3 phase up and running and now the situation improved a way lot better. There's apparently no random restarts happening wrt the AVR. Also, I've been testing the avr running with the direct line from the mains it didn't stopped/restarted.. however after a couple of days I've installed the servo again, to be in a safer side just in case.

So far so good - but, during power cuts (which happens often atleast once in two days or something) the AVR is turning off and switching back on.. and I've found out that this could be the low turn around time of my Inverter.
Even the lights too flicker for a micro second when it happens.

To manage this, can i go for this UPS from APC..?
https://amzn.eu/d/iq7QdMD

Scenario:
1. I won't be watching any content during powercuts, rather just wanted to shut it down gracefully.
2. If okay, will connect my AVR only (since my TV and others are not getting stopped abruptly).

About this UPS:
- Line interactive, modified sine wave out
- Turn around time / Switchover time: 4-8 ms (according to the spec sheet)

Also, I'm not going to go for an online UPS due to the noise it create and for the cost factor.

Having said these - would y'all recommend this UPS model? Seeking expert advice.
Thank you!

Get an online UPS that has everything built in . This should have taken care of the problem with single phase as well as the unit always supplies 230v irrespective of input. Search of REiq or krykard

Thank you mate..!

Here in this forum, I've get to read that online UPS would generally tend to make a hum sound during its operation.. Thats the main reason I am a bit skeptical against it..
Also, its a bit pricier compared to the normal offline ups, as well.

Can anyone of you could tell me the cons of running a line interactive UPS which gives out a modified sine wave out..?

Would that really hamper the AVR, given in the case of shutting down immediately during powercut (in other words UPS would be operational for less than a min or so)..??

Thank you mate..!

Here in this forum, I've get to read that online UPS would generally tend to make a hum sound during its operation.. Thats the main reason I am a bit skeptical against it..
Also, its a bit pricier compared to the normal offline ups, as well.
It costed me 14k for 1kva . But saves a lot of hassle esp see in ur case how much time and money u spent not to mention frustration

Are you using cooling fan like AC Infinity directly on top of the AVR. I had this shutdown issue with AVR-4311.
After I started using this fan, no shutdown.
I mean, try this after you fix the power issue

Can anyone of you could tell me the cons of running a line interactive UPS which gives out a modified sine wave out..?

Would that really hamper the AVR, given in the case of shutting down immediately during powercut (in other words UPS would be operational for less than a min or so)..??
My Denon AVR box has a label stating that warranty is void if connected to a non sine wave input. This kind of gives you an idea that a modified sine wave is probably not a good option for the AVR.

Most cheaper line interactive or offline UPS designed for computers have square wave output. Home inverters and double conversion / online UPS do have pure sine wave options.

However, please note that the quality of AC input from your supply will be any day a lot better than any DC to AC converter available for home use.

My Denon AVR box has a label stating that warranty is void if connected to a non sine wave input. This kind of gives you an idea that a modified sine wave is probably not a good option for the AVR.

Most cheaper line interactive or offline UPS designed for computers have square wave output. Home inverters and double conversion / online UPS do have pure sine wave options.

However, please note that the quality of AC input from your supply will be any day a lot better than any DC to AC converter available for home use.
Ahh.. Making sense, sir.. Thank you!

my home has a 10kva SURTXLI . My Denon x8500ha doesn’t have any hiccups. Ups is connected to one phase out of 3.

Thank you dear gentlemen for all your suggestions here! Some of them are extremely good actually.

So I've installed solar panels for 1kw to power up all fans, lights, fridge and my HT setup, some 25 days back. Post that all my AVR issues are all sorted out nice and clean by the means of the solar inverter (UTL 2KVA/24V solar rMPPT) as it's inputting a constant voltage of 219v +/- 2v. So it's basically has a working range of 217-221v constant. As of now no problems whatsoever and it's going great guns.

Added to this, I'm now using my 2kva servo stabilizer before the HT just to ensure to provide a clean input to it.

Chain looks like -
1. During sun shine hours (6.45am to 8pm, including the power remitted from the batteries - as of Dec 19):
Solar panel > inverter > servo stabilizer> HT setup of TV+AVR

Observed voltage: 219v from inverter > stabilized to 230v by servo (99% constant)

2. After sunshine hrs (approximately from 8pm to next day morning 7am):
EB Mains > inverter > servo > HT setup

Observed voltage: 245-260v from mains > regulated down to 230v by servo. (Power from EB Mains fluctuates between 220v-265v after converting to three phase).

No way I've ever imagined installing solar panels would rectify the power problem forever for the most of the hours! Totally worth it...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back