My Denon + Dali Zensor 5

Heard the Dali zensors today, fantastic detailing, there were paired with the denon avr-x2200....carried my own flac and 320kbps mp3 files on USB to hear(they form the bulk of my music collection)....I thought the floorstanders were placed too close to each other, adjacent to the centre rack
Extremely sweet sounding speakers, these are my other option, comparing with the Polk rtia7s the dalis were much brighter I thought
Vipul audio offered a meagre 10% duscount, what kind of discount should I be looking at, remember someone mentioning 15-20%

How do you find Zensor 7 as compared to ati7?

Only heard the z5 as the z7 wasn't on display...liked both the z5 and rtia7, both good on their own. The zensors were a tad more detailed on the vocals, marginally brighter than the Polks, the latter being slightly warmer. Now I assume that the z7 would have better low freq response with similar vocal quality!?

z7 is better than Polk rtia7 hands-down from my experience in terms of clarity and sound-stage as i have heard both of them, however others may beg to differ. Polk goes as low as 35 hz, z7 goes only upto 40 hz.

Last edited:
Hi, What was the final price quote for the Dali Zenson 7 and 5 after discoung. Are they available in all veneer options?

i think you can push it down to 60k. If you are into buying a subwoofer, then what FS can do for LF may not matter as the subwoofer takes care of frequencies below 80Hz.

I felt Zensor 7 and Jamo c97 were almost identical in voice clarity and sound-staging. Jamo c97 is 30k more expensive for an FS pair though.

Last edited:
i was actually looking at the 5.1 setup with zensor 7, vocal, zensor 1/3 and sub E 12 F(quite expensive at 55k mrp). wondering if i should spend on 55k for the e12f sub or look for a good but cheaper alternate??

having all from one stable is not a bad idea. I think you can get that E12F subwoofer for 45k. It goes low to 28hz which is decent. There are ones which can go upto 16-19hz but they are expensive or they are made in China (referring to lower priced ones). Plus, you need to have a dedicated HT room with good acoustics treatment to really hear the low freq. close to 20 hz. Also a human ear cannot hear any freq below 20hz but you can only feel it.

Last edited:
heard the zensor 5 again, at grand cinema in kodambakkam this time around...marginally better offer as compared to vipul audio, better and a more pleasant experience overall. almost confirmed on the zensor 7 5.1 with z1 as surround and e9f sub....now to get a good deal

Hi

I Purchased Dali Zensor 7 Pair with Center Vocal+Zensor 1 Pair for Surround
& Sub E 12F S in Sep"13 almost 2 years now..

First i took demo of Zensor 5 (At that time nobody has Zensor 7 for demo here in Mumbai) with Denon AVR X-1000.(Bought X-2000)

I mostly Listen Indian Classical & Devotional Vocals.
Instrumental Santoor/Sitar/Flute/Tabla /Sarod/Sarangi...
Hindi films Classical songs...
Western Classical Symphony/Piano Concerts...

I am realy so happy with my setup...Music is at his best from this setup..
Yes its my personal opinion..i tried varies combo but ...This is GREAT...

My personal humble advice is Pls buy Sub E12f with Zensor 7..
you will not regreat ...

I bought Denon X-2000 from Pravinbhai of Vipul Audio he is my personal
Friend & very nice person...

Wish You Goodluck With your Purchase...

So, the Zensor series is gaining a lot of mass. Must listen to it soon. Had been to Grand cinema before to audition the Paradigm and wharfadales, but did not notice the dalis there.

Dali Rubicon is even better but maybe tad expensive.

Nevertheless, you cannot go wrong with zensor 7. I found them to be pretty good. It is an entry level FS speaker combination. The moment you spend
100k and above on FS pair, your choices will multiply significantly. Case in point is PSB X2T or Jamo C97 or Qacoustics concept 40's. There are several more but there is only so much you can listen to.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back