My DIY Amps

One more update - I will start working on my next class a amp project from next week. That would be my project #2. Will update accordingly. [emoji3]

That's something even more interesting!

Where did you get or how did you made theos heat sinks?

Very nice build. Good local effort including the cabinet. Highly commendable job. I know what it takes to build these amps.

Cheers
Thank you very much Anilava. As I just started my journey in DIY, I had too many errands to run. I'm glad that it finally worked. [emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Absolutely fantastic build Saikat. That's an equally good cabinet coming up. Any plans of building a power supply for this or will you continue with the laptop charger?

Absolutely fantastic build Saikat. That's an equally good cabinet coming up. Any plans of building a power supply for this or will you continue with the laptop charger?
Thanks a lot Aritrim. I am thinking about regulated psu for this in future.

I have recently ordered 5 custom 1 Amp 0-12v torroids from Torotrans. I will let you know about the quality. If you need a simple bridge rectifier with a power regulator, I have recently made the PCB, if you need, I will be happy to help.

I have recently ordered 5 custom 1 Amp 0-12v torroids from Torotrans. I will let you know about the quality. If you need a simple bridge rectifier with a power regulator, I have recently made the PCB, if you need, I will be happy to help.
I think the build quality of torotrans transformers are very good. However I was not able to connect the trafo to any of the components as I'm not done with the psu yet.
I'd love to have those regulated psu pcbs. Could you share the photo of the pcb and the schematic please?

After a long time I finally managed time to build a linear psu for my beloved AmpCamp.

No load dc voltage : 22vdc
On load dc voltage : 18.7v
Trafo used : 15-0-15 120va
PSU : C-R-C (24000uf - 0.33R - 24000uf)

Only one psu is driving both the channels as of now.

Here are the photos:

9faa2b5d85848e56ae65644c14dead77.jpg

80ab6b8ae149d5e33bdbca8bd9b0588d.jpg

Haven't done any critical listening so far. Will compare lpsu vs laptop brick psu performance next week.

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos may creep in

Oh wow, that's excellent. Could this be used for a raspberry pi too?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Oh wow, that's excellent. Could this be used for a raspberry pi too?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Thanks.

No. Rpi needs a regulated psu. I built that too. Ordered a 9v 105va trafo for the same.

bd1363da4733298f8083689146a8c079.jpg

This is lm338t based regulated linear psu for rpi. Will upgrade heatsinks and the 338 regulator with lt1083 very soon.

Last edited:
Project #2 : Musical Fidelity X-10D Clone Tube Buffer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a clone of very famous Musical Fidelity X-10D buffer. I've used a couple of 6N1P tubes here.

0b6bcb7ef1fd025fbc4ed8aa25c6813f.jpg

5ce303423716e5f3ce141961cbc806e9.jpg

7d8cf7b7ab0633a70b5627ecb29e8e58.jpg

a0789214877b4b3a14fddcc8e5a47824.jpg

I never experienced tube sound in my life before. As soon as I connected this in my chain, audio quality changed drastically. From this moment I came to know there's no turning back. I'm listening to them now. Loving every bit of it.

Will come up with my full review after 100 hours burn in.

Great effort Saikat !

My tube buffer arrived with damaged tubes, so I ordered better Russian NOS substitutes. Awaiting the nylon pcb spacers, rest all is in order. Will be attempting a pre tube buffer/preamp and Class A amp, driving full range OB.

Where did you order the heatsink and torroidal from ?

Thanks for sharing.
Samir.

Thanks a lot.

Wish you all the best for your build. AFAIK, Tube pre and SS power makes an awesome combination.

I purchased heatsinks from Kolkata only. Purchased the toroid from torotrans.

Working on my second class a power now. Have plans for full range OB in near future.

BTW, I have my eyes on a pair of NOS Mullard 6DJ8 tubes :)

Last edited:
I purchased heatsinks from Kolkata only. Purchased the toroid from torotrans.

Hi Saikat, tried visiting torotrans website...seems they don't advertise prices...are they reasonable..can you share the specs you ordered and at what price..will be helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back