My DIY Amps

What is the poor lone diode bridge doing in there unconnected? :p

BTW, nice clean build! How does it sound?
Nice case too - though I don't like the white trim and white handles. But then that is me!

Thats one freaking awesome build you have there Saikat :)

Are you powering the X10D tube buffer via a separate trafo with 0-12V 1A? How do you feel the combo of this tube buffer and LJM? Integrated amplifier lots of advantages. Superb job in the finish with the case. Where did you get the amp boards from?

Hi Manniraj,

Thanks a lot :)

My trafos are having output voltages like 36-0-36 and one additional 12c ac. So powering the buffer board with that only. I'd not call it integrated. Rather I'd like to think them as dual monos in one box. I've placed the buffer board into the box just to save some real estate. Amp boards are from AliExpress.

To me, the combination is worth the effort. It's nice :)

What is the poor lone diode bridge doing in there unconnected? :p

BTW, nice clean build! How does it sound?
Nice case too - though I don't like the white trim and white handles. But then that is me!

Loop breaker will be implemented shortly. Its a planned activity. Not executed yet. :D

Thanks. The sound is nice. I've paired this amp with newly procured Schiit Asgard 2. Both the devices (pre and power) are going through initial burn-in. I think the combo will get better in due course of time.

Superb! Very clean build there ! Congratulations Saikat!

Any reason for using RCA jacks inside to and from your buffer? I thought you could make your RCA wires really short without them [or even with them]

Hi Manniraj,

Thanks a lot :)

My trafos are having output voltages like 36-0-36 and one additional 12c ac. So powering the buffer board with that only. I'd not call it integrated. Rather I'd like to think them as dual monos in one box. I've placed the buffer board into the box just to save some real estate. Amp boards are from AliExpress.

To me, the combination is worth the effort. It's nice :)
Thats interesting and I hope the huge transformers are not interfering with the tubes?

Superb! Very clean build there ! Congratulations Saikat!

Any reason for using RCA jacks inside to and from your buffer? I thought you could make your RCA wires really short without them [or even with them]

Thanks a lot.

The buffer board came to me with rca females installed on it. I had a choice to desolder and solder signal wires or to use rca jacks. I felt the later would be of less hassle :D

Thats interesting and I hope the huge transformers are not interfering with the tubes?

I have plans to shield individual boards and the transformers. First I'll do some amp board rolling (i just coined the term). Once I'm settled with the amp module, I'll proceed with shielding each and everything.

Project #3 : JLH 69 10WPC
-------------------------------------------

I've been busy lately. Had my eyes set on a pair of JLH 69 for a long time. Finally it's done. The amp is not broken in yet but I can say the highs have improved a lot already. Here's some photos.

e14c273e19cba0320a56e7286be12156.jpg

The CRC PSU:
661096363922610788b495c5d28b8b12.jpg

0-22v trafo with iron cap:
64e12aa9d7746d1aed1c4837025bc704.jpg

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos may creep in.
Hi, I am Ujjwal from West Midnapore... Recently i made a pair of full range speakers ( Markaudio Alpair 10 p) and i am really interested about this Amp...i want to acquire one to pair up with the full rangers...

Hi, I am Ujjwal from West Midnapore... Recently i made a pair of full range speakers ( Markaudio Alpair 10 p) and i am really interested about this Amp...i want to acquire one to pair up with the full rangers...

Hi Ujjwal. Alpairs are great. I have a pair of 10p. Not used yet. You cannot go wrong with JLH69. You may buy it from AliExpress or eBay. You just need to add a trafo, psu and a pair of large heatsinks.

Project #1 : Nelson Pass AmpCamp Amp or ACA
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For quite some time, I have been planning to build an amplifier by myself. After reading a lot of articles online, I finally decided to start my journey with AmpCamp amp or ACA. This amplifier is designed by the legend - Nelson Pass. Here is the link about the introduction of the amp written by Nelson Pass himself:

Amp Camp Amp #1 - diyAudio

A picture is worth a thousand words. So without further ado, I would like to post some photos of my build:

PCBs with the heatsinks:

IMG_20160402_073032.jpg

IMG_20160401_031021.jpg

IMG_20160402_043128.jpg

Mosfets have been mounted on heatsinks:

IMG_20160412_023552.jpg

Biasing at 10v:

IMG_20160412_033247.jpg

The Power supply (my laptop charger):

IMG_20160417_201202.jpg

Testing one channel:

IMG_20160412_232744.jpg

Testing both the channels in my setup:

IMG_20160414_170552%257E2.jpg

Cabinet is being built:

IMG_20160418_160817.jpg

Paint job in progress:

IMG_20160420_223532.jpg

The top plate:

IMG_20160420_215415.jpg

And the final outcome:

IMG_20160422_020945.jpg

IMG_20160422_021015.jpg

IMG_20160422_021046.jpg

Impressions:
I am extremely happy building it. SQ wise its very good indeed. Earlier, I was a bit skeptical about the 5 watt per channel output power. But it did justice to my 90db bookshelf speakers. In short - its worth every penny (paisa).

I am loving every bit of it.
looks nice saikat da

Hi Ujjwal. Alpairs are great. I have a pair of 10p. Not used yet. You cannot go wrong with JLH69. You may buy it from AliExpress or eBay. You just need to add a trafo, psu and a pair of large heatsinks.
Thanks Saikat..i will look into. As i am a noob, might need your assistance...
Where are you located? If you let me know... I might try to visit your place for a listening experience...if that is okay with you
Please let me know

How much it costed for the speaker pair build to complete?!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back