MY DIY Interconnect !!

Hi,

Sumit thanks a lot for liking my effort and also for the kind words ! I just put my effort thats all :)! so I don't buddy bout the league and all :p!

Am very glad to hear that you are DIYer too :eek:hyeah: !!

Buddy check this thread below to get the complete idea of how to insert the pic !

How to insert images in a post

Any sunday is fine with me. PM me a convenient date

Gobble I shall surely let you know,Please PM me your contact details so that I can SMS or call ! you work on sat too ??

Regards.

Hi,

Abhishek thanks a lot for the Comparison session yesterday :eek:hyeah:! And also for the Sprite (seedhi baat no bakwaas :lol:)

We had a great time at your place ! really enjoyed every minute of it ! I hope you also are of the same opinion ;)!! I don't need to remind you bout your pending visit right ;) ?

Also We (me and others who visited) were kinda hoping to see your review and take on the event ! I or the others could write but that just wouldn't be right :p!

As they say its always better if it comes "Straight from Horses Mouth" :p ! whenever you are ready please do post!

Regards.

Hi Soundsgreat,

This seems as a reverse post mortem:licklips:

I'm so happy that I have come across a person lwho believes in sharing their hard work and happiness

Kindest regards

Ok If I've left any info or pics or whatever please don't hesitate to ask also do not hesitate to give feedback and comments ! flood this thread with those :eek:hyeah: !!

Regards.[/QUOTE]

hi sreekanth!

you are welcome! it was my pleasure to have you, mridul and anand here for the listening session. we indeed had a great time.

as for your cables, sreekanth, both the anaconda and the interconnect, everyone here can guess what a reviewer will be writing :).

our first step was to use your interconnect and then the interconnect with the anaconda. i must say i was extremely pleased with each addition.
the soundstage was wide open, all the instruments nailed in place and the dynamics too were great. the lower end was tight and well extended.
the sound was neither too bright nor boring. overall i found them to be well made cables with great balanced performance.

congratulations to u once again!

as for my visit, i am eagerly looking forward to it. i will confirm the date with you soon.

regards,
abhishek.

Hi,

Abhishek thanks a lot for the Comparison session yesterday :eek:hyeah:! And also for the Sprite (seedhi baat no bakwaas :lol:)

We had a great time at your place ! really enjoyed every minute of it ! I hope you also are of the same opinion ;)!! I don't need to remind you bout your pending visit right ;) ?

Also We (me and others who visited) were kinda hoping to see your review and take on the event ! I or the others could write but that just wouldn't be right :p!

As they say its always better if it comes "Straight from Horses Mouth" :p ! whenever you are ready please do post!

Regards.

Hi,

This seems as a reverse post mortem

I'm so happy that I have come across a person lwho believes in sharing their hard work and happiness

Heliumflight Am only too glad to share it with all the fellow members of this forum :) ! Thanks a lot for your interest and comments ;)!

congratulations to u once again!

as for my visit, i am eagerly looking forward to it. i will confirm the date with you soon.

Abhishek thanks for the writeup ! Yes buddy let me know when ever you want to drop in,Don't forget to carry the CARY :lol:!

Suri I know how impatient you must be ! But please hold on for some time :p!

Although its been some time that I requested for some volunteers so far apart from Abhishek no one has responded :p!

That makes me wonder,is others not interested atall to give it a try ?? is it that they don't want me in their place ? or is there some other reason which for some strange reason Am not able to figure out ! Or Am I missing something :p? have I missed anything in the past while requesting :sad:??

Somebody care to shed some light :sos: ?

Regards.

thank you shreekanth for the wonderful listening time at your place ,

the setup with the new interconnect sounded more filled with texture and have wider soundstage.
i liked purity of reproduced output specially the vocals and guitars.

i wish that you can go smoothly, on and on with RnD process..also enlighten newbie DIY people like me time to time.

Hi,

Kuashik its pleasure having as always :D! you always keep me on my toes with all your usual and some unusual questions :eek:hyeah: ! But I like it and always welcome you to repeat the same !

the setup with the new interconnect sounded more filled with texture and have wider soundstage.
i liked purity of reproduced output specially the vocals and guitars.

Thanks for the kinds words ! but if you can, please do elaborate and let others know in details what exactly you mean,so that they can get a better feel of the sound ! just if possible,otherwise its ok no worries ;)!

i wish that you can go smoothly, on and on with RnD process..also enlighten newbie DIY people like me time to time.

Thanks again,Me to hope to continue the stuff untill Am physically incapable of that :p! I don't whether Am any better,but will surely try my best to help anyone especially folks like you who are serious and always ready to listen :eek:hyeah:!

Regards.

i have been reading about the dielectric effect of insulation materials, for example here is the legend regarding interconnects -

If you are looking for the best interconnects at any price, look no further than the new Resolution Series of Antipodes Gold, SG and Silver Interconnects.

All Resolution Series cables use only SenzaVoce ultra-pure wire, made using proprietary techniques developed here in New Zealand.

The Antipodes Silver uses SenzaVoce, pure solid silver wires. Insulation is raw unbleached cotton for unmatched low dielectric effects - far superior to any plastic insulation materials such as teflon. Termination is with gold-plated copper Eichmann RCA Bullet Plugs or Switchcraft XLRs.

The Antipodes Silver will compete with ANY silver cable on the market.

Raw unbleached cotton has far superior dielectric effect than Teflon! This is news to me. Now I know why the Yamamura SPDIF cable that I had earlier has very thick insulation of cloth. Now I know it is cotton.:)

Hi Soundsgreat,

were in bangalore do you stay ?, i am located in Electronic city

May be we can catchup for a casual meet or listening session

Regards

Tanoj

Raw unbleached cotton has far superior dielectric effect than Teflon! This is news to me.

Air is best. Next is unbleached cotton. Also, cotton has damping properties (for those who believe in such things). Teflon probably comes in third.

A nice compromise: use Teflon tubing filled with air or nitrogen to house individual conductors. Loosely twist the tubes together to have a modicum of noise rejection. You can DIY and report your results:)

Air is best. Next is unbleached cotton. Also, cotton has damping properties (for those who believe in such things). Teflon probably comes in third.
Thank you for the information Joshua; I was aware about air being the best and Teflon being good but not this unbleached cotton thingy.

use Teflon tubing filled with air or nitrogen to house individual conductors. Loosely twist the tubes together to have a modicum of noise rejection. You can DIY and report your results:)
I had thought about making interconnects out of strands individually covered with low dielectric material and loosely twisting them to make an I/C cable but have read somewhere that this would lead to much higher capicitance of the cable as a whole.

Hi Soundsgreat,

were in bangalore do you stay ?, i am located in Electronic city

May be we can catchup for a casual meet or listening session

Regards

Tanoj

Whoa Somebuddy brought the Ghost from the past ! Am not sure as to why no one answered,Anyways Tanoj he's long gone ! He's not active anymore due to some issues which I won't bother to....

Anyways if you want to communicate with him please PM me and I will share the contact details.

Joshua I guess you posted in the wrong thread ??

Whoa Somebuddy brought the Ghost from the past ! Am not sure as to why no one answered

Why do you call it Ghost!:eek: I've not had the opportunity to meet him or experience these interconnects but did have his bookshelf speakers for a couple of days with me for auditioning. They sounded pretty decent though not in the same league as AP MS 101 speakers which I had at that time.

I'm aware of the age of the thread. I was just adding to what Capt Rajesh had commented.

BTW, I have also heard Soundsgreat's speakers, IC and speaker cables in my home.

Why do you call it Ghost!

Cause it was last updated in the year 2009 and now after 5years Tanoj wanted to contact OP !!

I'm aware of the age of the thread. I was just adding to what Capt Rajesh had commented.

BTW, I have also heard Soundsgreat's speakers, IC and speaker cables in my home.

Ohh I see,I thought you mistakenly posted here instead of your IC thread !!

Its good to hear that you have heard it,but any reason why you have not posted your views of the same in your IC thread or other threads ? Also what
s your take on the Speakers by him ?? Just asking hope you don't mind !

Last edited:
@SoundCraft
Rikhav will be the right person to comment as he owns speakers, IC and speaker cables from Soundsgreat. Plus he had extensively listened to the latest prototype speakers for months in his own setup. Thanks.

@SoundCraft
Rikhav will be the right person to comment as he owns speakers, IC and speaker cables from Soundsgreat. Plus he had extensively listened to the latest prototype speakers for months in his own setup. Thanks

Ohh I see, Well I have been trying to contact Rikhav from some time to get his views on the IC and Such (didn't know nothing about the new Prototype) but seems he's terribly busy these days as he's not responded to any of my communications.

Hence thought to ask you since you say you've heard it.

Back