My First and pathetic experience with www.TheITDepot.com

akhil7j

I bought a new PC cabinet (Antec Sonata III 500) from Theitdepot - India's First IT Online Shopping Store and received it today only.

The outer packing was really impressive and after opening, first thing I noticed that there is no thermocol packing. The cabinet was bubble wrapped. That was really weird because i have seen this cabinet at my friend's place.

After opening, i saw few scratches on the front and as per the packing there shouldn't be any scratches on cabinet even if it was not handled carefully. There was a dent on the back corner of the cabinet.

Then after opening the side panel, i got so disappointed. There was dust inside the cabinet. 3 PCI modules were already opened. No screws given for installation, no power cable as the cabinet has 500w PSU also. And finally there are no locks to mount HDDs. Damn!! I paid Rs 8000 for this cabinet and what they delivered.!!!

Here is the video of unboxing the cabinet and all the accessories are there. Tell me what should I do? Shall i write to Antec or call these theitdepot cheaters?

YouTube - ‪Unboxing Antec Sonata III 500W ATX miditower‬‏

I am sorry man..but I guess, you've been shipped a used piece. Along with the video, you should take the photographs of bill, cabinet the kind of bubble wraps And send them to Antec customer care and cc it to itdepot cust.care. 8K is not a small amount to ignore. Act before the 7th day of billing date.

JMT

Damn! This is quite sad to hear. Take clear photos of the relevant details and send the email as kevian said at the earliest.

akhil 7ji

Mr Kevin Li from Antec is quite an active guy and does interact with indian dealers quite a bit
I have even spoken to him once on his trip to mumbai

YOU SHOULD MAIL HIM

ofcourse mailing itdepot is a given!

I have bought quite a few things from IT Depot, and not had a problem till now.

Why not give them a call and see what they have to say.

Call the dealer at the earliest and also send email. Demand for a brand new product or money back.

I've bought a few things from them and never had an issue. Call them up immediately and blast them for sending a used cabinet. If you purchased using a credit card, file a chargeback.

I did send an email to [email protected] and wrote the whole story. I couldnt find any customer care email id of itdepot on their website.

Ok, i will take the pictures also and send to antec. What is the email id of Mr Kevin Li? Is it anywhere in the website?

I am going to call them now. Last night it was late so i couldnt call.

Thanks for the support guys. Let me check with them now.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Not only IT Depot but most online sellers are "cheaters" and the courier company will manhandle the product till its damaged to the end......

I like to stay away from these so called online sellers and still prefer to buy from age old shops after inspection of the product.........
:cool:)

You should definitely write a detailed email to them, with photographs of what you've got.

I've bought stuff from theitdepot twice and I've never had a problem. The items arrived double packed, in immaculate condition, with all the accessories.

It could have been some sort of mixup at their end. From my earlier orders and the interactions I had with them, they seemed to be reasonable people. Write to them (and then speak to them). Make sure you put what you need to get across in writing, so there is a record for later (if it comes to that).

If you speak to them (and write to them) in a reasonable and non-aggressive but firm tone, I'm sure your problem will get resolved.

Somewhat OT: Last week, I had an issue with a certain online seller while I returned an item for replacement on warranty. They sent me back a used and very battered item as replacement. I had taken photos before sending my stuff to them, so I wrote to them (with CC to the company that makes the item) with the photos. The company that makes the items got back to me within hours and got the online seller to get in touch with me immediately. They apologised for the mixup and promised to send me brand new stuff as replacement. This was just a few days ago and I expect to receive the replacement in a few days. I'm not mentioning any names here as I think both the company and the online seller responded with a very satisfactory solution to my issue.

Last edited:
Not only IT Depot but most online sellers are "cheaters" and the courier company will manhandle the product till its damaged to the end......

I like to stay away from these so called online sellers and still prefer to buy from age old shops after inspection of the product.........

True deba.. Right said.. This was my first experience with Indian online sellers.

I would like to share my experience with Spun.com: Buy, Sell, and Trade New and Used CDs, DVDs and Games also. Its a US based website for online music purchase. I have bought many CDs from Spun. Once i ordered 10 CDs and one month passed, i did not get the courier. I mailed them for the same and I was surprised with their reply. They said they are sorry that I didn't get the courier and they would like to refund the money.!!! Just after few minutes I got an sms they i received the money in my account.

This is what i call business.. Few days later, i received the CDs through courier and i sent them an email again that I would like to replay the money as i have received the CDs. Then they charged me again.

India still lacks in honesty. I was really happy to see ItDepot that finally there are sources for online shopping but sad its just a way to fool and cheat people.

You should definitely write a detailed email to them, with photographs of what you've got.

I've bought stuff from theitdepot twice and I've never had a problem. The items arrived double packed, in immaculate condition, with all the accessories.

It could have been some sort of mixup at their end. From my earlier orders and the interactions I had with them, they seemed to be reasonable people. Write to them (and then speak to them). Make sure you put what you need to get across in writing, so there is a record for later (if it comes to that).

If you speak to them (and write to them) in a reasonable and non-aggressive but firm tone, I'm sure your problem will get resolved.

Somewhat OT: Last week, I had an issue with a certain online seller while I returned an item for replacement on warranty. They send me back a used and very battered item as replacement. I had taken photos before sending my stuff to them, so I wrote to them (with CC to the company that makes the item) with the photos. The company that makes the items got back to me within hours and got the online seller to get in touch with me immediately. They apologised for the mixup and promised to send me brand new stuff as replacement. This was just a few days ago and I expect to receive the replacement in a few days. I'm not mentioning any names here as I think both the company and the online seller responded with a very satisfactory solution to my issue.

I just spoke to the Manager of itdepot. I didnt bash at him and just told him that i am very disappointed with your service. Told them that I can contact Antec and your dealership will be gone but I dont want to do that. I am just asking for the replacement and help me in this case.

He seemed to be polite and said he is sorry that all this happened. Now as discussed with him, i am sending him an email along with the photographs of cabinet. Hopefully they will help me otherwise I will have to take the other route.

True deba.. Right said.. This was my first experience with Indian online sellers.

I would like to share my experience with Spun.com: Buy, Sell, and Trade New and Used CDs, DVDs and Games also. . They said they are sorry that I didn't get the courier and they would like to refund the money.!!! Just after few minutes I got an sms they i received the money in my account.

This is what i call business.. Few days later, i received the CDs through courier and i sent them an email again that I would like to repay the money as i have received the CDs. Then they charged me again.

India still lacks in honesty. I was really happy to see ItDepot that finally there are sources for online shopping but sad its just a way to fool and cheat people.

Yep, I agree with this, india lacks in honesty, so plenty of online seller from all over the world not willing to ship to india by normal post which makes the item dearer and save a lot of bucks. Similar experience i had in ebay.com and seller refunded the money when i informed not received the item, later i received the same after a few day and payed them back promptly..

I am using online buy for more than 8 years and so far so good for me with online retailers in India and abroad, never faced a problem.:)

Last edited:
Yep, I agree with this, india lacks in honesty, so plenty of online seller from all over the world not willing to ship to india by normal post which makes the item dearer and save a lot of bucks. Similar experience i had in ebay.com and seller refunded the money when i informed not received the item, later i received the same after a few day and payed them back promptly..

I am using online buy for more than 8 years and so far so good for me with online retailers in India and abroad, never faced a problem.:)

Lucky you Srisundar. Even i am shopping online since a long time and never faced any problem. But online shopping in India, this was my first experience. Bad!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

why this motherhood statement? Can u be specific about your expereince? Some photographs and also photoes of invoice please??

A mistake can happen with anyone. I have bad experience in US also. There are thousands of really bad cheats on ebay US, does not make all US online dealers fraud. People are making really harsh and uncalled for statements for all the online dealers in india.

I think that before you even contacted the seller and gave him a chance to explain himself or give an opportunity to exchange/refund, you started a thread here and called them cheaters. I dont think this is a fair call. If you call them and they dont care or refuse to do anything, then you will have a right to do so. You should contact the manufacturer but only after you have given the dealer a chance to explain.

in india some sellers play cheap games time to time .... here consumers get frustrated as the govt process of addressing such cases is tedious .
i had a very bad experience with DealsNYou.com , real cheaters
hooked money for 4 months as i wanted to gift a blackberry ,finally a refund ,not even single email reply why , huh!

Anyways ...take steps as all people said

A mistake can happen with anyone. I have bad experience in US also. There are thousands of really bad cheats on ebay US, does not make all US online dealers fraud. People are making really harsh and uncalled for statements for all the online dealers in india.

I think that before you even contacted the seller and gave him a chance to explain himself or give an opportunity to exchange/refund, you started a thread here and called them cheaters. I dont think this is a fair call. If you call them and they dont care or refuse to do anything, then you will have a right to do so. You should contact the manufacturer but only after you have given the dealer a chance to explain.

I understand and at some extent I agree with you. But this cannot be a mistake. I started a thread before calling him to ask help from you guys. To know which route should I follow. Bash at him, contact Antec or some other option. And one member told about Mr Kevin Li. So that was the help I was asking here.

theitdepot didnt make any mistake. I paid them full money right? They sent me a second hand without accessories cabinet? That too when i paid 8000? I cannot believe by any chance it was a mistake. They simply wanted to clear the stock and they thought since the customer is from North India, he cannot do much. Or he will accept the way it is.

I talked to the manager of itdepot. Mr Ravi and he said sent me an email with pictures. Since then i got no reply. Is this the way their customer satisfaction works? They know they have cheated on me and still i was talking politely and simply asking a refund or replacement. My PC is lying on the floor and all I wanting is the cabinet to assemble everything. But still they didnt even send a reply to just say we have received your mail and will work on it. India needs so much improvement.

Yes in US also there are some cheaters but not Amazon, Bestbuy, Tigerdirect, newegg and other online retailers. Itdepot is India's largest online IT retailer (AFAIK) and if they only will do cheating like this who will trust them? Not only them but even other online retailers also i wont trust.

I had a row with IT-Depot a few years back for refusing to give me a cheap cable with an expensive disk. Common practice here seems to be to sell OEM HDDs, which means they come wrapped, but not boxed, and without any accessories at all. It is possible too, that there might be warranty with an OEM item.

However, I left that in the past, and bought my latest Antec PC case and power unit from them.

From what I remember, it was packed similarly to yours: polystyrene (thermocol) top and bottom, otherwise, space all around. However, all the spares and parts were bagged and included in a separate box. There were sufficient screws, mounting rails, etc etc etc to mount more hdds, optical drives, and so on, than I would ever own. EDIT: had mistaken the video for your case: mine was packed as per the video, not as per your photos.

Check carefully how the outer and inner boxes were sealed. I have never known anybody to do as neat a job with tape as is done (probably by machine) in factory packing. This is a major indicator of whether the box has been opened/repacked/etc.

EDIT: ok, this is clearly a nonsense, having seen your pics.

Oh... also, my P183 had protective film on its surfaces: it doesn't look like your case did?

General impression of the IT-Depot is that they are decent guys. I hope so: I may be about to buy an expensive printer off them tomorrow!

Hope that, between you, it-depot, and antec, things get sorted out to your satisfaction.

Last edited:
It is always great to buy from shops locally but many a times via online stores we get a much better deal in all respects, so there is inclination to go for such stores. :licklips:

I think the best one can do is to buy from online stores which are of great repute, that way our risk is dropped to the lowest.

V.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back