My First DIY Audio Project

Soulforged,

After initial pm exchange I thought you had gone ahead with sachikos. This BiB design looks nice. Like you mentioned, it is best to drive these with a tube kind of a amp and definitely not zone b of a yamaha avr.

I would suggest a Lyrita tube amp. They are priced well and I believe sound great.

Suri - the car stuff stumped me. After being pointed out where the location is - I could not find it for a while.

Wish all of you a happy new year.

Cheers.

Soulforged,

Neat One.:clapping: I too have got the same drivers. Will get on the DIY bandwagon after seeing yours.

@anilva, eye test is recommended....

Cheers

Thanks Anil, I really wanted to build the Sachikos but room size and placement issues let me to the BiBs...looking out for tubes...but budgetary constraints may slow things down...

Kaushik, iaudio...you are welcome anytime...as are the others :)

Last edited:
Excellent work Soul..I loved your entire setup and the style of your rig. It'd be nice if you can provide more info on BiB design specifications of "your" speakers.

Regarding sachiko setup..I found something really interesting....I guess its Quad's setup

s12.jpg

And good news is he lives in Hyderabad:eek:hyeah:

Link

I hope its okay to share Prasad aka Quad's Sachiko album here.

Last edited:
Excellent work Soul..I loved your entire setup and the style of your rig. It'd be nice if you can provide more info on BiB design specifications of "your" speakers.

Regarding sachiko setup..I found something really interesting....I guess its Quad's setup

s12.jpg

Link

Venky bro,

You better get prepared to pay a big sum to Quad. This iss cofffffeee rights infringment .... :p totally ... :D

Just kidding... Thanks for sharing thou..

Kittu

Thanks Venkus, those were the speakers that got me started on my DIY project. Do ping Quad and check them out, you won't be disappointed. What exactly do you want to know about 'my' speakers' specs? The dimensions are in my first post. I calculated them using the BiB calculator at zillaaudio.com and lots of research on diyaudio.com

@Gopi, all the best for your DIY adventure...

@Anil, I ripped out a few pillows and cushions and used them for the stuffing. Used felt to line the inner baffle.

@soulforged: what cables are you using with the BIB's? A friend of mine tells me that for FR's just 1 strand each of solid 24 AWG wire [1 strand from a CAT5 cable] spaced 1 inch apart is better than most. When you get the chance see if you can try it to see if it makes a difference.

Hi Soulforged, excellent work and looks elegant. Some of these full range designs are pretty easy to make with least cost, but sound great. I too just completed my DIY work last week on upgrading my earlier Fostex 103E sewage pipe design to a proper enclosure. The Zigmahornett and it has come out very well. I will get some photos and do a small write up on that for people who are interested in. Good luck.

Swami

Thanx Swami. Your sewage pipe speakers looked awesome. Hope you have not disposed off those enclosures. You could give/sell them to someone here (me ;) ) who could probably use them to build their own...what say?

I actually picked up 206 for building the Sachiko, else I would have gone for a 6'' driver.

@Kieth, currently I am using 2 strands of CAT5 cables. I will try out with a single strand and let you know. Ideally, they say, a single strand would increase the impedence thereby making the speakers easy to drive. I'm not very well versed with the tech stuff...

I too just completed my DIY work last week on upgrading my earlier Fostex 103E sewage pipe design to a proper enclosure. The Zigmahornett and it has come out very well. I will get some photos and do a small write up on that for people who are interested in.
Eagerly waiting for this

Thanx Swami. Your sewage pipe speakers looked awesome. Hope you have not disposed off those enclosures. You could give/sell them to someone here (me ;) ) who could probably use them to build their own...what say?

I actually picked up 206 for building the Sachiko, else I would have gone for a 6'' driver.

Hi soulforged, thanks and sure will consider giving it off after sometime as i need to do some more experiments with cheapo 4" drivers as the design adds a unique touch to the interiors.

swami

Thanks Venkus, those were the speakers that got me started on my DIY project. Do ping Quad and check them out, you won't be disappointed. What exactly do you want to know about 'my' speakers' specs? The dimensions are in my first post. I calculated them using the BiB calculator at zillaaudio.com and lots of research on diyaudio.com

Sorry...after seeing that picture of your setup...forgot what I've read in your post:eek:..thanks for pointing it again...and BiB calculator:confused:...I think I lack knowledge to use BiB calculator....should do some reading..

One more request...upload a video on youtube if you can.

cheers.

The Zigmahornett and it has come out very well. I will get some photos and do a small write up on that for people who are interested in.

Swamiji...please post the pics of your skinny ziggies first....then give us a write up on 'em in your leisure time. Pictures first you see...

s12.jpg

Link

It is indeed my setup and it is perfectly fine to post the link here - no
worries of getting sued :)
The Get*Set*Go 6B4G SET amp is a perfect match for these speakers,
and is very satisfying to listen.

Prasad

kittu said:
Venky bro,

You better get prepared to pay a big sum to Quad. This iss cofffffeee rights infringment .... :p totally ... :D

Just kidding... Thanks for sharing thou..

Kittu

See...Hyderabadis don't sue each other kittu bhai....

And..Quad...I may bother you some time in future for little help on Saburos.

Choosthunna Choosthunna antha observe chestunna :rolleyes: !

Great to see the DIY numbers growing ..... All this credit goes to the pro DIYers of HFV.... :clapping:

quad speaker work is awesome , but not happy with shiny rough finish. some sanding coating and sanding ...needed

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back