My First HT Room !!!

Thanks Its me for your suggestion
I was thinking the same as you thought..but time is passing, & I am not able to fulfilled my long time dream
In my home town, I have so many rooms to dedicate for ht setup..
But for job, we have to live in rented places..High rates of real estate couldnt get chance to buy own place...so God knows when i buy my own big house & give a dedicated room to it....life is passing..so I have decided i will not postpone my dream..lets complete in parts..
The room light i can control with dark curtain..for sound I couldnt do anything..But I Dont want to use Plasma Tv..I have seen biggest screen tv also..But TV is TV..tv has still its limit of picture quality..when light focus on screen..its a different experience..
for me picture is important, in sound, I myself dont like much sound...just clearity is enough..
thanks

Appreciate your passion. Leap into the HT world and the forum is here to support you. Keep us posted on your progress.
Wishes...

Thanks for visiting and am glad u liked my setup :)
Regarding ur requirements, Projector is good as I been suggesting everyone the same, only thing is that there is no point in paying 15,000 rs more than its actual price on Amazon.com
theres no difference literally, that one on Amazon.in is being imported from USA, its same as u getting it from Amazon.com but by paying 15,000 more. Just think about it and place the order. I strongly suggest u get it from Amazon.com, unless there is a problem with payment process like you mentioned that they dont accept debit cards. Just think about it once again, 15,000 is a big amount, u can get ur bluray player and screen both in 15,000.

Bluray Player: I suggest you get a region free player so that it will be future proof, when u want to buy blurays from other regions, like amazon.uk or .de or .com ... the blurays are very cheap on those sites compared to amazon.in.
or else , u can buy the same one which u mentioned, thats value for money I can say.

3D glasses: Any DLP link glasses will work as far as I know, just check back some pages in this thread and u will find some links of eBay and other sites for 3D glasses, if when u click on link and they r not available just search for "3D glasses for Optoma projector" on eBay I am sure there will be many. I just checked on eBay and there are many, just pick one which will suit ur budget.

Screen: I am sure u can get a 90" - 100" screen for that 11.5 distance. Check with distance calculator on projectorcentral.com
heres the link Projection Calculator Pro - Projector to Screen Distance

Does your laptop have a HDMI out port ? Is your laptop a FullHD resolution laptop or not ? If u have a HDMI port and the laptop is FullHD 1080p then u can get good quality picture displayed. or else u can use RS232 port but the image resolution will be very low like 1028x768

If you are planning to watch movies from ur HDD which are downloaded, then I dont think 5.1 speakers are required. Not all downloaded movies will have 5.1 audio enabled, also as u said about ur neighbors and all other criteria, I suggest you proceed with what Itsme has suggested about the soundbar. If u r planning to watch movies on your bluray player with original blurays or DVDs then you can go for a starter 5.1 Onkyo system with an AVR, they sound really good and will satisfy your requirement and they are budget systems.

Good to know u got inspired :D and bought some blurays, but believe me u should not get habituated to buy blurays :p
just kidding :D have fun and buy them as long as u get good deals.

BTW, where are you from ...... if u r from Hyderabad let me know and we can work out a very good deal for you with my Onkyo 5.1 system with AVR ;)

Cheers,
Aditya
Thanks a lot Aditya Bro for your helpful & prompt reply.
I have gone through all your suggestion & did some further research..will give you details in night
Unfortunately I dont live in hyderabad
thanks again

@digister
dont worry go ahead it will work smooth. I was in the same boat 2 yrs back. one day while surfing i came across this forum and it opened a ALIBABA'den before me . when none of around me rather in town were aware of this hifi gears . not the names of this product were heard before . I too:). after inspiring from this forum and the great gentlemen forum members I bought a projector from amazon.com a receiver from amazon.de a bluray palayer etc. overseas. The issue of non working of debit card was also there. but these people helped me out . You can use ICICI debit card for this purchase. you can contact your bank and get international transaction activated for this card. As htfan17 said take a plunge you will never regret. I have experienced this. This has given me another identity in the circle:) so go ahead.
@ Aquarian09 hats off to you, that your thread inspired to take a such wonderful decision

cheers
uttam

I somehow missed this post ,
Thanks uttam :)
I am very happy to see people getting inspired by my thread and taking a step into the ocean of hifi world.

Cheers,
Aditya

Aditya, you spent so much on this HT set up. All looks so nice and shiny. I am sure those shiny speakers must be sounding mind blowing. :clapping: Now spend some on room acoustic treatment. Believe me you will not regret. It will take your sound stage to different level. I hope you know where to get stuff for acoustic treatment. Try bajaao.com. They not only sell those acoustic materials but give you technical support as well. I did mine with their materials. You can check out my set up here http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/59073-my-set-up.html

Hey Captain,
Thanks for visiting, yes the speakers sound totally out of this world :D
I am not sure about treating the room , this is a rented place. cant do much, am not thinking about room acoustics actually, just want to leave this as it is until I move into a own new house, am planning for a very good room acoustics for my own place, Room Treatment will be done by GIK Acoustics for my new place.
Yes, I have seen your thread already :) Looks very nice :clapping:
I didnt check back to ur thread , I just read your reply in there, I see that u have figured out how to add content in signature :)

Cheers,
Aditya

Thanks a lot Aditya Bro for your helpful & prompt reply.
I have gone through all your suggestion & did some further research..will give you details in night
Unfortunately I dont live in hyderabad
thanks again

u r Welcome :)
I am glad to know u got inspired from my thread, let me know if u need anything else, I'll be more than happy to help.
not from Hyderabad ? its ok, let me know if u r interested in my Onkyo 5.1 system with AVR.

Cheers,
Aditya

Hi Aditya bro & other fellow forum members
So now journey started for making a decent HT system .
I am sharing my research & asking my queries in different post so it will be easier for ppl who will need help in further..I will post one component of HT in one post..
So first start with
PROJECTOR
I have researched 2 projectors..
1) optoma 141x -used by aditya bro
2)BENQ-w701080 p

Buy BenQ W1070 1080P 3D Home Theater Projector (White) Online at Low Price in India | BenQ Camera Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in
amazon india, its available at 81k
at amazon.com, its available at 832 $
http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-W1070-10...qid=1451481257&sr=8-1&keywords=benq+w70+p1080
optoma- mazon india..its 65k
Buy Optoma HD141X Full 3D 1080p 3000 Lumen DLP Home Theater Projector with MHL Enabled HDMI Port Online at Low Price in India | Optoma Camera Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in
Amazon.com: Optoma HD141X 1080p 3D DLP Home Theater Projector: Office Products
in amazon.com, its 757$

1)So Aditya bro has Optoma..so I will go for OPTOMA..but I would like to know the view about BENQ also..as both have 75$ price difference..so please suggest
2) So I will go for amazon.com..But I am worried if some technical peoblem, how will we solve it without warranty..some people bought from there , it gave me some courage..
3) now main problem is payment..I have a ICICI Debit card.. I asked my bank..they said my card is eligible for international transactions..So I have to try it again on AMAZON.COM site & lets see..
will update you further

Now PROJECTOR Screen
My room is 13* 11.5..so distance between screen & projector must be 12 feet..
it gave screen size 101inches dioganally..& 88*50 is length & wide..
I am sharing some screen for helping of fellow members..if its against forum rules, moderator can delete it..but I am just sharing it for helping purpose
100" 16 9 Manual Projection Screen Pull Down Projector Matte White Home HD Movie | eBay
100 Diagonal 16 9 Electric Projector Projection Screen Remote 1 3 Gain 160 Angle | eBay
Elite Screens DIY Pro Series, 114-inch 16:9: Amazon.in: Electronics
Inlight Map Type Projector Screen, Size: - 8 Ft. x 4 .5: Amazon.in: Electronics
Inlight Wall Imported Autolock: Amazon.in: Electronics

so now my query are
1) my room is 13*11.5...distance between screen must be 12 feet..so Site given by you doesnt show optoma 141 calculations..It did show 131* calculation
Optoma HD131Xw Projection Calculator - Throw Distance and Screen Size
its showing diagonal 101, height 50inches & wide 88 inches( 7 feet 4 inches, 4 feet 2 inches)
please check, if its right
or what you suggest from distance of 12 feet from screen..whats would be the projection size?
2) I have find few options in 16:9 size..
one is- 8 *4.5 . 106 inches diagonally
next is 9*6 , 116 inches..
another is 92*52, 106 inches diagonally
which size would be perfect
3)
I am confused that screen should be exact size of projection...or can we buy slightly bigscreen from projection size.. ???
3) I have got some brands mentioned above..Please choose & tell me which one will be better?
Thanks

BLUERAY 3D PLAYER
As you suggested, I researched region free BD 3d PLAYER
Pioneer BDP 450 3D 2D Region Free 3D BLU RAY Disc Player Rare Model | eBay
Panasonic 3D DMP BDT270 2K 4K Multi Region ALL System BLU RAY DVD Player | eBay
Sony Region Free Blu-ray DVD Player 4K 3D WiFi multi region code free BDP-S6500
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 Region Free Blu Ray Player Code Free DVD WIFI, USB, 3D, 4K

but player which comes with 3d blueray & reion free are costly
Our PHILIPS bd2190 IS AROUND 7K..& they all are three -four times price of this player
.Though i want to play those region DVDS also, But its very costly affair
so Right Now, i can adjust with this BD player & bought oNLY THOSE BD which are region free..
after some time, I can buy some BD player from USA.. they can play their REGION DVD..As I calculated buying multiple DVD player is far more cheaper than buying region free dvd player
so now 90% I have decided for Philips BD2190 BD 3D player..but further suggestion is still welcome
thanks

Hi
Now Came the most important component HT SYSTEM WITH AVR
I have researched some according to my budget.
Onkyo TX SR343 5 1 Channel A V Receiver | eBay
Denon AVR X500 A V Receiver 5 1CH 140W PER Channel 4 Hdmi IN AM FM HD | eBay
Denon AVR X500 5 1CH AV Receiver With Hdmi Front IN | eBay
Denon 5 1 Channel AV Receiver Black AVR X520BT | eBay
Denon AVR S500BT 5 2 Channel AV Receiver With 4K Capability AND Bluetooth | eBay
Yamaha YHT 299 5 1 Component Home Theatre System With USB Active Subwoofer | eBay
Pioneer 5 1 AV Receiver With Dolby Truehd DTS HD Master Audio Ultra HD 4K Pass | eBay
Pioneer 5 1 AV Receiver With Dolby Truehd DTS HD Master Audio Ultra HD 4K Pass | eBay

BRAND-ONKYO,YAMAHA,PIONEER,DENON

I understand pic quality jargon..but Audio technical i understand less..so I dont know which one is better..I dont have time to go for individual demo,even after demo, I will not understand it..so I need the MOST help in choosing this
I want a quality & clearity in audio..so I can watch movies with good audio experience.
1) Which Brand /model should be best for my requirements?
2) I have read some threads about YAMAHA in forum..people are satisfied with it..
so I reserched about yamaha..& I got 4 option in my BUDGET
YHT-196 -PRICE AROUND 26K
YHT-299-36K
YHT-2910- 41K
YHT-1810-30K
I couldnt understand specifications of those audio quality etc
so which oen would be better
I want a system which can attach with my bd player & laptop & give good quality & clearity of sound..
I dont like to play in high volume ..I dont need blutooth/wifi etc
so please suggest a good HT syestem with avr in low budget as low as possible
Thanks

Hi
I will play mostly movies with my Blue ray player..But I have some rare movies on my HDD..As I am not fan of action/horror movies , rather I am intrested in gems of WORLD cinema in which Irani & italian cinema is my favourite..its difficult to get in DVDS..so those films are only in HDD..so those movies should also play on BIG SCREEN
I have 2 laptop Which are used with HD
these are interfaces of my laptop-1
3 x USB 2.0
HDMI
VGA
LAN
Headphone/microphone combo jack
Microphone input
audio output-Dolby Advanced Audio v2, High Definition Audio
AUDIO & VIDEO
Graphics Processor Intel HD Graphics

I think it has HDMI..& its picture size is 16:9, & its show HD quality video
so Can I use it as playing my HDD movies?
What kind of cabel do i needed for it?
What all kind of other cabels Do I need for other connections?..
Laptop to projector? BD player to projector? HT SYSTEM/av RECeiver to BD player ? etc? Please do tell
thanks

u r Welcome :)
I am glad to know u got inspired from my thread, let me know if u need anything else, I'll be more than happy to help.
not from Hyderabad ? its ok, let me know if u r interested in my Onkyo 5.1 system with AVR.

Cheers,
Aditya

Thanks A lot Aditya Bro for your generous help

I will ask lot of questions before buying them,so I will bother you more in coming days
Regarding your ONKYO system ,I am sorry i couldnt take it..As I am very much possessive & have a very bad habit of buying exclusively & new products.
Even When I was young, i was very possessive about my personal electronic equipments..One day, My cousin used my WALK MAN of AIWA brand, he used it one day, i couldnt refuse due to hesitation..but when he gave me back..I refused & I told him to keep it..I loved that walkman very much & it was really very costly at that time & kind of rare & first of its kind..but I gave it to him easily as He used it ONCE..I loved that walkman so much but I gave it as i was very possessive..
I hope you understand My problem..
I have lot of questions in my above posts..
Hope i will able to make my system in next month
thanks a lot

hI @DIGISTAR, with kindest regards, would it be possible for you to start a new thread citing your research and your requirements? lets keep @Aquarian09's thread for him.
You starting a new thread will also give more focussed attention to your queries by the great people this forum is fortunate to have.
warm regards and a very happy new year to all the forum members

Hey Digistar,
just logged in, was busy yesterday, I will answer all your queries later today. But I accept what realactivex has mentioned, start a new thread I will be visiting your thread daily, apart from me others will be there to help more, considering that a new member posted some requirement other members will have more focus on ur thread, if u post in my thread people will think its only me and others discussing and might not get into the thread to see your queries, dont worry about who will visit or not, we all will be visiting your thread daily and answer all ur doubts :)
anyways, I am just stepping out for coupole of hours, will answer everything when am back.

Cheers,
Aditya

Happy-New-Year-2016-Messages.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!!!
May All your Wishes come true and may this year bring you the Courage and Currency to invest and Upgrade your Equipment :yahoo::yahoo:

Cheers,
Aditya

Hey Aditya.... truely amazed with your upgrades... I was off from this forum for a very long time (3 years) and just spent 3+ hours going thru some threads and especially yours.. Hats off and Congratulations. We are now moving to a new place and planning for a Dedicated Home Theatre... I will start a new thread but will need some help from the experts... I am thankful for the info that I got in 2011 when I was setting up a HT system in my drawing room.

Happy New Year to all of you.

Hey Aditya.... truely amazed with your upgrades... I was off from this forum for a very long time (3 years) and just spent 3+ hours going thru some threads and especially yours.. Hats off and Congratulations. We are now moving to a new place and planning for a Dedicated Home Theatre... I will start a new thread but will need some help from the experts... I am thankful for the info that I got in 2011 when I was setting up a HT system in my drawing room.
Happy New Year to all of you.

Hey Kiran,
Thanks for visiting :)
Replied to ur PM and in ur thread :)
Cheers,
Aditya

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back