My First HT Room !!!

Did you win a lottery or somethin? :) I would turn my attention to acoustics now or even better, move to a dedicated room. That setup deserves closed dedicated room :)

:p
am just asking, if you suggest anything then I will take time and slowly do some R&D and work around the pricing and finally confirm on the brand and equipment. Maybe by the time I move into new house I will have complete knowledge about what i specifically want :)

Cheers,
Aditya

A BIG NOOO :mad:

one beast is blowing the room already, if another one is added then entire house will be blown :p

yes I agree, but it will be even and you will see a definite resonance quality from it. Dont think in that way that it will be too powerful. There will be more balance you will feel when you have two subs. This makes you to watch movies for long hours. If I am in your place the next step will be the sub for sure.

yes I agree, but it will be even and you will see a definite resonance quality from it. Dont think in that way that it will be too powerful. There will be more balance you will feel when you have two subs. This makes you to watch movies for long hours. If I am in your place the next step will be the sub for sure.

Yes, sure thing, I am aware of it, but not in this house, this is not a dedicated closed room, I am sure that without good acoustics we cannot get much out of anything properly, cant really do much without proper acoustics in the room, also there is no place left in the room :D

Also if you check back in the previous pages on this thread, you will see my final equipment list, that includes 2 SVS PB13Ultra anyways :D

Cheers,
Aditya

Hi Aditya Bro
I have read every post of your thread..You have very impressive HT setup.Thanks for sharing all the knowledge with us.
I want to make a hometheatre system in my Living room..Films are my passion but I dont know much about technical things as my background was never technical..so if you can help me in this..nobody can better guide me than you..I have some queries regarding this..
1) PROJECTOR: As you have told about optoma..I have tried amazon.com during diwali also..but they didnt accept debit cards..I dont have credit card & I dont want to use any friends card also...Besides, I have some worried also buying costly electronic items from abroad..
I have checked amazon india now..some third party seller make it available from USA..they are charging 65 k..so from amazon india, I will get it at rs 65k..& if I get it from amazon international (as you suggested), its 50k with delivery charges..
Below IS LINK of amazon india for that produce..please check is this same projector which you are using
Buy Optoma HD141X Full 3D 1080p 3000 Lumen DLP Home Theater Projector with MHL Enabled HDMI Port Online at Low Price in India | Optoma Camera Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in
2) blueray player, i will buy same model..I think philips has launched slight new version of your model ..its BDP2190 model
Philips Blu-ray Disc/ DVD player BDP2190 3D Blu-ray: Amazon.in: Electronics

please see if it will be fine
3) 3dglasses -I am still confused which glasses are compatible with it..
please guide me in this
4) My room is 13 feet *11.5 feet..screen will be put on 11.5 area..& height is 8 feet..but i can PUt screen till 7 feet height only as one tubelight is there on that wall..
so please suggest what size of sscreen will suit acc to my room size..
5) I have two laptops which I can use as Media player..as I have 1 tb Movies in my external HDD ..
SO How can I use my laptop to watch movie on big screen
6)I dont want to spend much amount on A/V & audio...As one old couple lives next to my FLAT..& the wall where I put my screen is adjacent /common wall to their flat..so If I buy , then also I will not be able to use hi end audio equipment/ speakers
I cant do acoustic also as I have to change this flat after soemtime so I cannot make any change to it..
so please suggest some a/v & speaker which are enough for movie watching..i will use them only for movie watching..so please suggest
i know I am bothering you much..but please suggest as i am not much into this
thanks
note: after seen your HT setup, I got so excited that I bought 2 BLUERAY3D DVD ALSO, life of pi & avtaar..though i dont have anything related to HT:)

Hello @digistar,

With all these constrains, do you really want to setup a HT in place? I will advise you to go for a good LED TV (50" or higher) + a detachable soundbar which will match your living room. Projector and a dedicated HT setup is best suited for a dedicated room where you can control light and sound.

Thanks Its me for your suggestion
I was thinking the same as you thought..but time is passing, & I am not able to fulfilled my long time dream
In my home town, I have so many rooms to dedicate for ht setup..
But for job, we have to live in rented places..High rates of real estate couldnt get chance to buy own place...so God knows when i buy my own big house & give a dedicated room to it....life is passing..so I have decided i will not postpone my dream..lets complete in parts..
The room light i can control with dark curtain..for sound I couldnt do anything..But I Dont want to use Plasma Tv..I have seen biggest screen tv also..But TV is TV..tv has still its limit of picture quality..when light focus on screen..its a different experience..
for me picture is important, in sound, I myself dont like much sound...just clearity is enough..
thanks

Hi Aditya Bro
I have read every post of your thread..You have very impressive HT setup.Thanks for sharing all the knowledge with us.
I want to make a hometheatre system in my Living room..Films are my passion but I dont know much about technical things as my background was never technical..so if you can help me in this..nobody can better guide me than you..I have some queries regarding this..
1) PROJECTOR: As you have told about optoma..I have tried amazon.com during diwali also..but they didnt accept debit cards..I dont have credit card & I dont want to use any friends card also...Besides, I have some worried also buying costly electronic items from abroad..
I have checked amazon india now..some third party seller make it available from USA..they are charging 65 k..so from amazon india, I will get it at rs 65k..& if I get it from amazon international (as you suggested), its 50k with delivery charges..
Below IS LINK of amazon india for that produce..please check is this same projector which you are using
Buy Optoma HD141X Full 3D 1080p 3000 Lumen DLP Home Theater Projector with MHL Enabled HDMI Port Online at Low Price in India | Optoma Camera Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in
2) blueray player, i will buy same model..I think philips has launched slight new version of your model ..its BDP2190 model

please guide me in this
4) My room is 13 feet *11.5 feet..screen will be put on 11.5 area..& height is 8 feet..but i can PUt screen till 7 feet height only as one tubelight is there on that wall..
5) I have two laptops which I can use as Media player..as I have 1 tb Movies in my external HDD ..
6)I dont want to spend much amount on A/V & audio...As one old couple lives next to my FLAT..& the wall where I put my screen is adjacent /common wall to their flat..so If I buy , then also I will not be able to use hi end audio equipment/ speakers
I cant do acoustic also as I have to change this flat after soemtime so I cannot make any change to it..
so please suggest some a/v & speaker which are enough for movie watching..i will use them only for movie watching..so please suggest
thanks
note: after seen your HT setup, I got so excited that I bought 2 BLUERAY3D DVD ALSO, life of pi & avtaar..though i dont have anything related to HT:)

Let me read everything :D
I will leisurely answer everything by tonight :)

Cheers,
Aditya

Hi Aditya Bro

please guide me in this
thanks

Thanks for visiting and am glad u liked my setup :)
Regarding ur requirements, Projector is good as I been suggesting everyone the same, only thing is that there is no point in paying 15,000 rs more than its actual price on Amazon.com
theres no difference literally, that one on Amazon.in is being imported from USA, its same as u getting it from Amazon.com but by paying 15,000 more. Just think about it and place the order. I strongly suggest u get it from Amazon.com, unless there is a problem with payment process like you mentioned that they dont accept debit cards. Just think about it once again, 15,000 is a big amount, u can get ur bluray player and screen both in 15,000.

Bluray Player: I suggest you get a region free player so that it will be future proof, when u want to buy blurays from other regions, like amazon.uk or .de or .com ... the blurays are very cheap on those sites compared to amazon.in.
or else , u can buy the same one which u mentioned, thats value for money I can say.

3D glasses: Any DLP link glasses will work as far as I know, just check back some pages in this thread and u will find some links of eBay and other sites for 3D glasses, if when u click on link and they r not available just search for "3D glasses for Optoma projector" on eBay I am sure there will be many. I just checked on eBay and there are many, just pick one which will suit ur budget.

Screen: I am sure u can get a 90" - 100" screen for that 11.5 distance. Check with distance calculator on projectorcentral.com
heres the link Projection Calculator Pro - Projector to Screen Distance

Does your laptop have a HDMI out port ? Is your laptop a FullHD resolution laptop or not ? If u have a HDMI port and the laptop is FullHD 1080p then u can get good quality picture displayed. or else u can use RS232 port but the image resolution will be very low like 1028x768

If you are planning to watch movies from ur HDD which are downloaded, then I dont think 5.1 speakers are required. Not all downloaded movies will have 5.1 audio enabled, also as u said about ur neighbors and all other criteria, I suggest you proceed with what Itsme has suggested about the soundbar. If u r planning to watch movies on your bluray player with original blurays or DVDs then you can go for a starter 5.1 Onkyo system with an AVR, they sound really good and will satisfy your requirement and they are budget systems.

Good to know u got inspired :D and bought some blurays, but believe me u should not get habituated to buy blurays :p
just kidding :D have fun and buy them as long as u get good deals.

BTW, where are you from ...... if u r from Hyderabad let me know and we can work out a very good deal for you with my Onkyo 5.1 system with AVR ;)

Cheers,
Aditya

Time is passing, & I am not able to fulfilled my long time dream
In my home town, I have so many rooms to dedicate for ht setup..
But for job, we have to live in rented places..High rates of real estate couldnt get chance to buy own place...so God knows when i buy my own big house & give a dedicated room to it....life is passing..so I have decided i will not postpone my dream..lets complete in parts..

Great decision. I was in your place a few years back and felt the same and took the leap. And trust me you will not regret this. When you see around you so called 'responsible' people who are working their asses off, saving and saving every bit they can and still cannot enjoy 1 minute of life till they turn 50, you will surely feel like a winner. Being passionate is not everyone's cup of tea and following it at the right time while you can with full fledged interest and attention is always worth it.

+1 to htfan17

digistar - take the plunge; you have earned it. Its OK if it happens over a period of time (long or short) as long as it happens.
My current setup is 12 years in the making and is at 42" Plasma and sound at 5.0/2.0/soundbar.

Cheers,
Raghu

@digister
dont worry go ahead it will work smooth. I was in the same boat 2 yrs back. one day while surfing i came across this forum and it opened a ALIBABA'den before me . when none of around me rather in town were aware of this hifi gears . not the names of this product were heard before . I too:). after inspiring from this forum and the great gentlemen forum members I bought a projector from amazon.com a receiver from amazon.de a bluray palayer etc. overseas. The issue of non working of debit card was also there. but these people helped me out . You can use ICICI debit card for this purchase. you can contact your bank and get international transaction activated for this card. As htfan17 said take a plunge you will never regret. I have experienced this. This has given me another identity in the circle:) so go ahead.
@ Aquarian09 hats off to you, that your thread inspired to take a such wonderful decision

cheers
uttam

Great decision. I was in your place a few years back and felt the same and took the leap. And trust me you will not regret this. When you see around you so called 'responsible' people who are working their asses off, saving and saving every bit they can and still cannot enjoy 1 minute of life till they turn 50, you will surely feel like a winner. Being passionate is not everyone's cup of tea and following it at the right time while you can with full fledged interest and attention is always worth it.

Absolutely correct, just dreaming daily thinking about those hifi speakers and how good they sound and all those fancy equipment around it will not make us happy and satisfied unless u get some part of it for urself and play around with them as u wish, now, that is the moment what u should be having all along ur life ;)

Cheers htfan :)

Yes, sure thing, I am aware of it, but not in this house, this is not a dedicated closed room, I am sure that without good acoustics we cannot get much out of anything properly, cant really do much without proper acoustics in the room, also there is no place left in the room :D

Also if you check back in the previous pages on this thread, you will see my final equipment list, that includes 2 SVS PB13Ultra anyways :D

Cheers,
Aditya

Aditya, you spent so much on this HT set up. All looks so nice and shiny. I am sure those shiny speakers must be sounding mind blowing. :clapping: Now spend some on room acoustic treatment. Believe me you will not regret. It will take your sound stage to different level. I hope you know where to get stuff for acoustic treatment. Try bajaao.com. They not only sell those acoustic materials but give you technical support as well. I did mine with their materials. You can check out my set up here http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/59073-my-set-up.html

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back