My First HT setup. (hd20 projector, yamaha 5.1 avr, wd media player, energy take 5.1)

boo3dmax

hi all...

after a month of careful and doubtful days, here is my final setup and it rocks for me.. :yahoo:

am totally a newbee for this hifi world, for the past 4 months i have learnt a lot thanks to this hifi forum, and finally the setup is also done properly, i mean its working as per my expectation...

as i told i am a total newbee, if you guys need any help/ doubt regarding my setup please post, i dont know / havent seen any other setups, so i can only talk abt mine :p and cant compare with setups like the experts do..

enough chit chat.. here are the spec..
Inputs : my PC (hdmi 1), wd media player (hdmi 2), my lappy (hdmi 3), sundirect (composite)
Storage : iomega 2 TB network storage, 1 TB external, PC (1 TB) and lappy (500 GB)
Output : 22' monitor (for PC and TV), Optoma HD20 projector (for all)
processor : yamaha rx v367 with ipod dock
speaker: energy take 5.1

the exiting part, uploaded a bunch of pics for you all....
HT pics link in Picasa

Thanks again for all who has helped me.. and fyi, my room is 20'X10' for which the energy with yamaha v367 seems to satisfy my ears which is sensing a HT for the first time.. i am satisfied :cool:

Re: My First HT setup. (hd20 projector, yamaha 5.1 avr, wd media player, energy take

Nice setup ,congrats on ur purchase,i think u have kept media player and settop box on the top of the yamaha receiver blocking the ventilation and it is not recommended.

Re: My First HT setup. (hd20 projector, yamaha 5.1 avr, wd media player, energy take

Congrats,nice setup...
Pls.post a review of Yamaha RX-V367.

Nice setup. Congrats. How much did the projector cost and where did u purchase it from?

Congrats again

:) Very nice setup all u need now is a universal remote. Enjoy....

Pretty Good Set Up.. Get yourself a Harmony Remote to make your life easier. I have been using Harmony for few years and I can swear by it. Get the Harmony One if possible, it is really a life Saver.
Once again Congrats on your set up. As we speak I am setting up my Home theatre at my Bombay apartment. I just got the Marantz SR7005, Def Tech Pro cinema 1000 & Screen Innovation Sensation Motorized Screen. All I need to do is decide on a Projector which most probably will be the HD20 or the Panasonic Ae 4000.
Enjoy watching the movies on the Big Screen & get some Popcorn ready :). Cheers

Sameer

Superb setup bro.....should be heavenly experience visually.Hopefully, my next stop will be the same proj as well.

:)

PS:Whats the screen size btw??

Congrats on your set up.. As Canduu suggested i guess you will need find a new place for media player and set up box..

Cheers
Nag

Nice initial set up Mr.boopathy. The next step shall be u could do some wiring managements in the back + monitor can be wall mounted by removing the racks stand below and slightly modifying the front racks to flat type which will cost you less than 5K to 10K which makes the setup very nice and rich.

Regards

Nice set-up. Congrats! :)

BTW one doubt - Why did you put surround speakers at lower level? I guess they are mounted at around 3 feet from floor. Any particular reason?

hi all.. thx again for the replies.. few points taken down and few things to be cleared..

1. i need to take out the setup box and wd player from the av receiver and keep it somewhere

2. i just bought this universal remote, let me try this thing, if its not good, should go for harmony one, which is bit costly ;) lets see

3. i bought almost all the things from US - hd20 $900, rx387 + energy take 5.1 $500, hdmi cables, wd player $100, only thing i bought in india is the liberty screen for Rs.4k and the projector mount for Rs.900, maxine stepdown transformer for Rs.3000 and all the installation and celing wiring is done by me...

4. the screen is 120" one.. liberty taiwan bla bla.. not much sure..

5. i have placed the speakers to the range where my ears are.. so have kept them as low as possible.. saw some dolby spec which tells this, actually i have kept my front speakers in abt 5' height and surround in abt 6' height..

6. yes looking forward for a good cupboard for the whole setup, will try to wall mount the monitor, or at least hide the wires.. need to see some sample HT for the same, let me investigate in this forum...

thx again.. all...

hi,

you said you bought all equipments from US, did you bring it urself or used geb or other services ?? what about customs?? please let me know as i'm interested in importing few things and projector is on the top of the list.

hi, i carried all of them by myself and the projector was in my carry on luggage (in laptop case) and others in check in. i didnt declare any customs, so havent paid anything..

I'm also getting a Optoma HD 20 from the US soon, how do you find it so far?

as i said i havent seen any other projector, but this one is awesome.. no issues, its been few months and i have used some 200 hours only, with a movie daily..

do not forget to adjust the crossover to 120HZ for your energy tske classic.

nece setup bro... enjoy....

Congrats on your purchase :)...... One thing i want to know is what are your room dimensions ....??

hi, thx all.. my room dimension is 20'X10', i have put up my projector at a viewing distance of 13' for the 120" screen..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back