My first HT setup

I've ordered a Taga 506v2, Taga 212SE, and a Yamaha HTR 3072 to set up my first 5.1 HT. How do I go about getting the highest quality video/audio output from my AVR if my laptop is a source?

Most of my movie files of 10-30GB with 6ch/5.1 audio and HDR.
I use VLC player, change audio source to AVR from VLC player.
I extend the display to only show on my TV when I connect laptop and use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to control laptop.

Heard first time about J river, will try this and post my views.

I use VLC player, change audio source to AVR from VLC player.
I extend the display to only show on my TV when I connect laptop and use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to control laptop.

Heard first time about J river, will try this and post my views.
Ok, audio is sorted then. I'll change the source and update once the setup is done. What about video? Your laptop is connected to the AVR via HDMI right? Any settings to be changed there?

Ok, audio is sorted then. I'll change the source and update once the setup is done. What about video? Your laptop is connected to the AVR via HDMI right? Any settings to be changed there?
My Laptop auto identifies the 4k TV, but do check from settings what kind of resolution it is targeting based on TV and laptop. (laptop is 1080p)

Wow congrats.
Is the sub also here?
I thought you ordered everything
No I'm gonna order the sub as well. The thing is, I wanted to be sure deliveries are happening. Now that they are, I'm ready to buy avr+sub but my dealers stock got over just a few hours ago.

Any HDMI cable supporting 4k60hz should be good enough. I use AmazonBasic HDMI cable and bluerigger cables , both are equally good.
Cool. I'm looking at Taga212SE now. Will buy it in a month and then the Toshiba U7980 55" or 65".

Today a friend asked an interesting question. Can we play 3d movies on the TV? Like, can we get a 3d movie file and use one of those glasses they use in theatres?

Cool. I'm looking at Taga212SE now. Will buy it in a month and then the Toshiba U7980 55" or 65".

Today a friend asked an interesting question. Can we play 3d movies on the TV? Like, can we get a 3d movie file and use one of those glasses they use in theatres?

Nope, you cannot play 3d movies unless the TV supports the same (none of the newer models I know support the same). Epson & Benq Projectors support 3D playback via active glasses (I am sure other projectors do too, but did not want to take a guess) , the ones you see in theater are via much lighter passive 3D glasses.

Nope, you cannot play 3d movies unless the TV supports the same (none of the newer models I know support the same). Epson & Benq Projectors support 3D playback via active glasses (I am sure other projectors do too, but did not want to take a guess) , the ones you see in theater are via much lighter passive 3D glasses.
Passive 3d we see in theatres can't be replicated on an led tv? When you remove the glasses it's just 2 images superimposed right? I thought this would be easy-peasy

From what i read, analygraph 3d can be done with red/cyan glasses. Have you tried something like that?

I have been using these Tizum Fusion from Amazon HDMI cables, they get the job done for 4K 60hz. https://amzn.to/3f8nsJ7

3D tech is best to watch at theatres, don't even think of going that route. 4D is better.
Too expensive TV's, very few movies actually come out for public use. My friend has a 3D samsung TV which he bought for 1.5 lakhs, got 2 pair of 3D glasses, but he himself rarely used it. He had a dead pixel within 3 months, one pixel costed around 20 to 30K. Not sure it was really that much, but luckily he had 2yrs warranty.

Waiting for reviews from you, how do you find the overall package.
Do post after the setup.

I have been using these Tizum Fusion from Amazon HDMI cables, they get the job done for 4K 60hz. https://amzn.to/3f8nsJ7

3D tech is best to watch at theatres, don't even think of going that route. 4D is better.
Too expensive TV's, very few movies actually come out for public use. My friend has a 3D samsung TV which he bought for 1.5 lakhs, got 2 pair of 3D glasses, but he himself rarely used it. He had a dead pixel within 3 months, one pixel costed around 20 to 30K. Not sure it was really that much, but luckily he had 2yrs warranty.

Waiting for reviews from you, how do you find the overall package.
Do post after the setup.
I'm yet to set it up. Wife went to her parents house for a week (~500kms away) so I came to my parents place (just around the corner). Will try visiting my place this weekend. Will share the setup once done.

How do you hide wires running across the floor? @fLUX @amrutmhatre90 any ideas?

Its upto your preference honestly, there is no best way unless you can create some nice design enclosure running along the ground across the room and put your wires inside. I have used the below as I found it more convenient and did not want to drill any further holes along the wall.

Its upto your preference honestly, there is no best way unless you can create some nice design enclosure running along the ground across the room and put your wires inside. I have used the below as I found it more convenient and did not want to drill any further holes along the wall.

Used duct tape and took wires across the floor. Check it out. Waiting for surround stands. Once that is here those speakers will be fixed. Tv will go up on the wall

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210525-223919_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525-223919_Photos.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20210525-224007_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525-224007_Photos.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20210525-224142_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525-224142_Photos.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20210525-224204_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525-224204_Photos.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 56
Two suggestions,
1. Move the AVR to Centre channels cabinet if possible and the Centre channel to AVRs position. Centre channel will be too low and the cabinet might absorb most of the frequencies.
If AVR is a tight fit in cabinet you can keep the AVR next to the Centre channel on top. AVR will require good ventilation.

2. If possible move the glass table away, soke frequencies and direction will direct hit the table first than you.

Until surrounds arrive, listen music on the system in stereo or pure direct. Enjoy it.

I too agree the with above suggestion. It will sound boxy. I have tried the same type of placement ( center channel inside cabinet) and it sounded bad.
You can try keeping it on top of the cabinet more open sound.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back