My first HT setup

If I add another sub after sometime, will it make a difference
I'm gonna test this. I've ordered the taga 506 which I'll pair with avr. I'll test it for the bass. And then if it's absolutely critical that a sub is added I'll add it within a week.

If it's not, then I'll still add a sub but maybe I'll take a month or two so there's no hole in my pocket right away.

@gauravmandawawala - Subwoofer would have to be picked based on room size. It looks like you would have to compromise to bookshelves. Can you pose some more pic of the entire room and give the room dimension?

39k is incorrect imo, this price will change once the product becomes deliverable. Every equipment you see on Flipkart right now is cheap, not just the AVRs but also the speakers, TVs etc. The actual price of yht 3072 is between 45-50k.

Spoke to someone who owns the 3072 + Taga 506s. He says he can't crank up the volume above 60-65 as it's gets pretty loud for his 13x15 room. So it seems 3072 is powerful enough to give me that punch. Coupled with the active taga 200W 12 inch sub this should me mind blowing.

About the processing tech, agreed it won't, but at a 30k price point for a newbie, I think it's gonna be super, what do you think?

Yamaha 3072 has received praises everywhere.
The Audio section of HTR-3072 / RX V 385 is similar to the Yamaha HITB, comes with 3066/ RX V 375, Even the decoding the section are very similar. I dont know who is praising HTR series to be honest. Those who are just buying the AVR will be buying 385 number. Infact, the number of inputs and outputs have been reduced in the 3072 . The Area where it get updates are visual areas and bluetooth and bi amping. Thats it. I have used book shelves with 8 inch mid bass driver and Centre speakers and there was not much i was missing when compared with HITB packages actually.

Depends on how one listens to music or movies, where it is Taga or HITB speaker package, one cannot crank full volume in both or can in both. Depends on individual. For Newbie, whether it is the HITB or the TAGA, anything and everything is going to awesome if they dont have any set up.
About the tv, Toshiba U79, there's a thread on the forum for that tv, I think it's the best thing that has happened in the Indian market for the price and segment.

Kool, let us know how it turns out. The Visual market is moving in a very fast pace when compared to Sound.

Last edited:
Agreed. I skipped the satellite speakers journey and jumped to the FS + bookshelves package by Taga (taga 506v2). This package cost me 27k.

Now coming to the AVR, I do not have a budget of 60-80k for the avr else I'd go for the denon 1600h eo chose the HTR-3072.

I'm sure I'd need an upgrade at a certain point, but until then, I'd at least get to experience 5.1 surround sound for my movies.

Good choice Sagar, not asking you to go for a 60k-80k receiver. Was asking you to look around to see if you can get an under warranty unit ( even if used) for Yamaha/Denon/Marantz sub 40-45k or buy a 20-25k used unit and wait for sometime for prices to settle.

I sold a 6 month old used X2600H for 46k few months back and if you get a similar deal for anything under warranty then its worth looking at. This is my suggestion, if you feel that 3072 suits your need right away then please feel free to go ahead.

Good choice Sagar, not asking you to go for a 60k-80k receiver. Was asking you to look around to see if you can get an under warranty unit ( even if used) for Yamaha/Denon/Marantz sub 40-45k or buy a 20-25k used unit and wait for sometime for prices to settle.

I sold a 6 month old used X2600H for 46k few months back and if you get a similar deal for anything under warranty then its worth looking at. This is my suggestion, if you feel that 3072 suits your need right away then please feel free to go ahead.
yup, there was a Denon X1600H on sale for 28K in Bangalore and got sold out quickly.

Thank you Arun , amrut, flux and other members.

I am looking for affordable but good subwoofer cable, 2.1 hdmi cable, rear speaker mount, 14 guage speaker cable and banana/spade plugs

Please suggest some

Hey brother, are there any speaker stand makers out there. I have half a wall behind my sofa so can't mount it on the wall. Take a look.

Attachments

• 20210511_195658-min.jpg
    20210511_195658-min.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 20210511_195622-min.jpg
    20210511_195622-min.jpg
    692.7 KB · Views: 47
Hey brother, are there any speaker stand makers out there. I have half a wall behind my sofa so can't mount it on the wall. Take a look.

Soundfoundation stands are popular here on the forum. The owner is a member of our forum. But the stands are going to cost more than the surrounds :)
Since you are on strict budget, you can get it fabricated with metalworkers ~4K. If you can compromise on looks, there are jugaad DIY which are very effective. Please check my threads for PVC pipe + threaded rod based stand. You can DIY it with help of driller and a couple of scrap pieces of plywood.
https://www.amazon.in/Invento-Stail...&keywords=threaded+rod&qid=1620745404&sr=8-15
half a bag of m-sand + 5.5 feet of PVC pipe, spray paint if you want to beautify them. All put together, you would spend ~2.5K for the stands...

BTW, your room looks lovely and suitable for stereo listening due to wide front walls. Even if you are going to stick to HT, I think it would be better for your to go for Taga 607 5.0 instead of SW. Buy a powerful SW later. The space around the TV stand would allow you to bring the speakers forward and you would get good imaging for music. It is worth to up the budget on speakers. Good subwoofers would be north of 30K. Better to put that money on better floorstanders.

Can you post a pic standing next to the TV? The surround speakers are supposed to be put on side walls and can be in front of the listening position. you might be able to put it on the wall on the left side of the couch if you have one. Right opposite to the long curtain Don't bother about the distance from listening position as AVR would auto calibrate and equalize the SPL level of a speaker positioned away from the couch.

I am looking for affordable but good subwoofer cable, 2.1 hdmi cable, rear speaker mount, 14 guage speaker cable and banana/spade plugs

Please suggest some
Banana plugs and spade plugs are not necessary if you are not going to move the speakers around very frequently. Since you are wall mounting 4 of the 5 speakers, you would not need banana plugs for them. You might need them on the AVR side if you need the ease of access (5 pairs). The purists usually use bare wires (or tinned bare wires) ;-) A basic amazon should deadbolt type should suffice. If you are planning to buy the AVR through a dealer in Bangalore, please negotiate for a bundle offer of AVR, 50 meters of cable and HDMI cable. You should get some decent deals. It has been a couple of years since I visited any dealers but DNI would give QED cables at discounted rates when people bought HT packages from them.

FYI, AVR warranty is not honored if purchased from online portal like Amazon/Flipkart, IIRC. Please do go through some authorized dealer for the AVR purchase.

Please suggest some

Subwoofer cables from amazon are quite decent. No need of purchasing HDMI 2.1 cables right now as none of your source would need it, HDMI 2.0 TiZUM wires would be just fine.
14-16 gauge speaker wire from amazon or hifimart.com can do the job. No need of Banana plugs right now.

FYI, AVR warranty is not honored if purchased from online portal like Amazon/Flipkart, IIRC. Please do go through some authorized dealer for the AVR purchase.

I think this is a misconception, it depends dealer to dealer. Some are fine some are not. I had a Pioneer receiver which was replaced entirely, it was from Amazon.

Subwoofer cables from amazon are quite decent. No need of purchasing HDMI 2.1 cables right now as none of your source would need it, HDMI 2.0 TiZUM wires would be just fine.
14-16 gauge speaker wire from amazon or hifimart.com can do the job. No need of Banana plugs right now.

I think this is a misconception, it depends dealer to dealer. Some are fine some are not. I had a Pioneer receiver which was replaced entirely, it was from Amazon.
Please check the brand portals and they explicitly mention that warranty is void if bought from unauthorized dealers. I have taken my Marantz AVR for service center. They check the serial number to validate if it is grey market stuff or something bought from authorized dealer. Better to be sure than be sorry as customer care with AV devices is pathetic. The service centers dictate terms in India.

Please check the brand portals and they explicitly mention that warranty is void if bought from unauthorized dealers. I have taken my Marantz AVR for service center. They check the serial number to validate if it is grey market stuff or something bought from authorized dealer. Better to be sure than be sorry as customer care with AV devices is pathetic. The service centers dictate terms in India.

I agree thats why I said Dealer to Dealer. I had contacted the amazon dealer before purchasing and thus assuring.

I've ordered a Taga 506v2, Taga 212SE, and a Yamaha HTR 3072 to set up my first 5.1 HT. How do I go about getting the highest quality video/audio output from my AVR if my laptop is a source?

Most of my movie files of 10-30GB with 6ch/5.1 audio and HDR.

I've ordered a Taga 506v2, Taga 212SE, and a Yamaha HTR 3072 to set up my first 5.1 HT. How do I go about getting the highest quality video/audio output from my AVR if my laptop is a source?

Most of my movie files of 10-30GB with 6ch/5.1 audio and HDR.
I used Jriver and bitstream !

Can you elaborate?

Also, what if I connect an hdd/usb to the receiver using the USB port? It should be able to play the file in 4k 5.1 audio?
J river is a media player app, in that choose to Bitstream so that Audio is not processed in the pc, rather it sends the audio directly to your AVR. How ever, you would HDMI slots in your Laptop/PC.

I have just once connected the HDD to AVR for audio and i didn't like it as navigation was cumbersome and have never tried playing a movie and hence no idea. My HDD are always on the TV or in the PC. May be i need to try out what happens

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back