My HT Setup - Finally up (raman340)

raman340

Hi Guys
Thanks for all the support during my HT setup. After all the hard-work put into the design,wiring, equipment selection, electrical points, and decor..here are the results...modest though..

Felt like sharing with you guys...
Spl thanks to Venkat, Ranjeet, Suniil, unleash_me, particleman, awedeophile, music_manz, ...and the list is endless..

1) With the raw work of the front wall and cavities dug out

2) The rear wall...

3) Connections on the front wall

4) Front wall finished

5) and the Rear

6) Couldn't get much ideas for the ceiling, wasn't much interested :) (Lack of patience)

7) The front rightie..fitting into the cavity (Cavity was dug out bigger for any speaker adjustments..though...it wasn't required with Audyssey)

8) With The Mask on...(A silk curtain fabric with patterns framed with a powder coated plastic frame)

9) Added a lil decor..

10) Concealing the Rears ..(Same cloth used..reversed for each channel)

11) Cabinet (Drawers in the extremes, glasses in the center. Drawers and glasses have no knobs...they are pulled from the slots underneath. Glasses have a spacer underneath, acting as a pull-out space and allowing for the air to be vented to the AVR. Will be installing a silent fan at the back top side for the AVR)

Does anyone have any suggestions for CD racks for the drawers.?

12) My AVR-1909 ..resting in the cold weather..

13) and Finally :D

The power sockets are behind the cabinet. There's a circuit breaker behind the cabinet to disconnect all supplies...instead of switching each individual socket. The TV conceals its power socket in its rear :eek:

14) Ceiling (Re-used the old chandelier)

15) Double curtained the side-wall to prevent glare in the daytime

Equipment:
  • Samsung 40A610
  • Denon 1909
  • DAC optical cable
  • MX HDMI cable
  • DAC-18 for the speakers
  • Speakers from Artis
  • Worldspace Sat radio
  • Dish Tv receiver
......and a moment of Peace..

Thanks ;)!!

Excellent setup and room layout.

Couple things to keep in mind,

I dont see a sub woofer.
Also I am assuming there is 6 - 8 inch spacing behind the cabinet to let the heat escape from the components.
Ensure you put noise dampers behind the speakers in the wall & sides to reduce the effect of reflecting waves.

fantastic job otherwise.

Last edited:
Congratulations Raman! Start enjoying your music and movies, and keep regaling us with what you enjoy.

Cheers

Excellent setup and room layout.

Couple things to keep in mind,

I dont see a sub woofer.
Also I am assuming there is 6 - 8 inch spacing behind the cabinet to let the heat escape from the components.
Ensure you put noise dampers behind the speakers in the wall & sides to reduce the effect of reflecting waves.

fantastic job otherwise.

The Sub is to the right of cabinet (see photo 13, partially visible).
Yes, its about 4-5 inches. The HDMI is just about the length. Also will be putting up Cooler Master fans with a DC regulator at the back side (top edge). The AVR was warmer inside the cabinet than when it was kept open.

I was earlier thinking of going in for glass wool in the cavities to reduce any effect of reflecting waves, but glass wool in somewhat open design was not recommend by my father. Is there anything else I can put inside.

Thanks

Congratulations Raman! Start enjoying your music and movies, and keep regaling us with what you enjoy.

Cheers

Thanks Dude...Will be starting up to build the movie collection..I am sure the forum would be having some threads already for some recommendations.. :)

Ram, what are you calling modest here?

This setup is EXCELLENT man. This looks almost similar to what I had in mind. I had the almost similar Cabinet in mind. Can you please share more details on the cabinet pls?

Ram, what are you calling modest here?

This setup is EXCELLENT man. This looks almost similar to what I had in mind. I had the almost similar Cabinet in mind. Can you please share more details on the cabinet pls?

madbullram..Thanks..
I would not at all mind sharing the details..
Please find attached detailed design for the cabinet..Hope it helps you and others...If it is understandable :D

The attachment has a word document and a reference image.
View attachment Woodwork.zip

madbullram..Thanks..
I would not at all mind sharing the details..
Please find attached detailed design for the cabinet..Hope it helps you and others...If it is understandable :D

The attachment has a word document and a reference image.
View attachment 490

Damn, my office websense wont let me download, can you send it my email madbullram at gmail dot com?

Also, what was the cost breakup? I am going through the same exercise, this would be a great pointer :))))))

Damn, my office websense wont let me download, can you send it my email madbullram at gmail dot com?

Also, what was the cost breakup? I am going through the same exercise, this would be a great pointer :))))))

Sent...Let me know if you received.

Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy your movies and musics , Yes Glass wool is bad to health and it is not recommended now a days ( even though it improves the sound quality ) try placing some Acoustic boards . Anyways great job done and thankyou for sharing the Pictures and information with us ,

Mohan

Sorry for the late reply Raman. I was caught up with a few things....

One of the best treatments I have seen is a Tanjore painting set pasted over speaker fabric fully wrapped on a frame that had 1.5" cell foam (stuff you find in foam mattress base layer), followed by 1/2" acoustic compressed fiberglass tile and a hardboard backing. It was beautiful to look at and acted an an effective barrier to reflections.

Also for top and bottom you can use MDF as it is easy to work with if you are even remotely handy. And it wont be a very expensive project.

I also do nto recommend glass wool since you need to put a barrier around it (I woudl think some kind of plastic based material). Plastic is not that great a damper as cloth. Plus you will lose the look of the nooks altogether.

The Sub is to the right of cabinet (see photo 13, partially visible).
Yes, its about 4-5 inches. The HDMI is just about the length. Also will be putting up Cooler Master fans with a DC regulator at the back side (top edge). The AVR was warmer inside the cabinet than when it was kept open.

I was earlier thinking of going in for glass wool in the cavities to reduce any effect of reflecting waves, but glass wool in somewhat open design was not recommend by my father. Is there anything else I can put inside.

Thanks

Last edited:
artis is a chinese brand ....that makes commonly computer speakers 5.1 types...am i correct

Hi Kaushik
Yes they do not manufacture hi-end audiophile speakers. That's what I had, as of now the budget constrained me. May be when I feel like upgrading next year, I'll definitely do it.. As the saying in Hindi goes "Jitna Gur Utna Mitha"... Hope you understand....

Thanks
Raman

Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy your movies and musics , Yes Glass wool is bad to health and it is not recommended now a days ( even though it improves the sound quality ) try placing some Acoustic boards . Anyways great job done and thankyou for sharing the Pictures and information with us ,

Mohan

How about polyfill (The one used in Recron Pillows)?

Sorry for the late reply Raman. I was caught up with a few things....

One of the best treatments I have seen is a Tanjore painting set pasted over speaker fabric fully wrapped on a frame that had 1.5" cell foam (stuff you find in foam mattress base layer), followed by 1/2" acoustic compressed fiberglass tile and a hardboard backing. It was beautiful to look at and acted an an effective barrier to reflections.

Also for top and bottom you can use MDF as it is easy to work with if you are even remotely handy. And it wont be a very expensive project.

I also do nto recommend glass wool since you need to put a barrier around it (I woudl think some kind of plastic based material). Plastic is not that great a damper as cloth. Plus you will lose the look of the nooks altogether.

Thanks for the update buddy. As of now the upholstery (sofa and carpet) is sufficing the sound in the room. For the cavity (reflection from the rear/side walls) I can think of some thing...

Raman

madbullram,

I could not take the photos of the cabinet (as asked by you in the mail) on the weekend (Was busy with some guests). But I will upload it soon for the benefit of others.

Regards
Raman

PLs do, I found one good carpenter who seems to understand the design and also knows what we mean by finishing. Waiting eagerly :)

Hello Raman,

Thanks for the detail description.
just 2 questions.

1) which artis speakers you are using? are they X10 satellites?

I have an Artis S6600R lying idle at my home ( a nice system but underpowered)and I am looking for surround and centre speaker. but the artis guys do not give any specifications of speakers , wattage/impedance, sensitivity etc. how did you find out?

I have yamaha RX V361 as AV receiver

2) what is your opinion about world space radio?

I have a good music system but don't have a big collection as such. was planning to buy Worldspace receiver.

1) which artis speakers you are using? are they X10 satellites?
I am using X8/5.1

I have an Artis S6600R lying idle at my home ( a nice system but underpowered)and I am looking for surround and centre speaker. but the artis guys do not give any specifications of speakers , wattage/impedance, sensitivity etc. how did you find out?

I have yamaha RX V361 as AV receiver
I had found a review for the same.
Why do you need a center and sats? Is it not a 5.1. (I am assuming it is this
TechEnclave - View Single Post - Suggest a budget 5.1 system.. model).

2) what is your opinion about world space radio?

I have a good music system but don't have a big collection as such. was planning to buy Worldspace receiver.
World space radio is/was great. I haven't reconnected to my receiver as the antenna cable is falling short (due to concealed piping work I did for my HT). I plan to rewire it some time soon. Besides I heard some rumors of it going/about to go BK. So I would advise research well before locking your subs money for 1 year. Otherwise the quality is simply best. (Our local FM channels don't stand anywhere near)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back