My LivingRoom cum TheaterRoom cum ListeningRoom :)

Leftside wall with openable and fixed window portions along with the front corner bass traps:

imag0261c.jpg

imag0262y.jpg

Rightside wall with a small unit and shelves:

imag0264q.jpg

imag0259p.jpg

Last edited:
Problem : Ringing / Echo due to the right side wall shelf top unit.

Fixed the shelves and the top unit along with the acoustic boards. But all of a sudden I could hear a slight ringing (extension) / a slight echo during the clap test, only the room eq measure will tell at what frequency it is happening. Eventhough it is not very distinguishable (but more prominent towards the center of the room), I could clearly feel the difference with and without the top unit. Tried with closing the inner portion with synth, closing the front portion with a shutter, but its still there. Probably I may have to remove the top portion and to find another design to gel with the room.

imag0264q.jpg

Last edited:
Part-I completed.

The first part of the build is almost complete with all the woodwool panels fixed on the wall (except ceiling). Now I need to do the trial run and do some RoomEq and then accomodate the required changes.

DIY SubWoofer build started

As I had mentioned in the first post, my sub is going to be a DIY based on the popular THT Low Profile (THT LP) subwoofer designed by BillFitzmaurice. Link : Tuba HT (Low Profile)

I have started the build and following are the pictures (detailed pictures will be in a separate DIY subwoofer build thread.

Box size : 6' x 2' x 18" ( a monster :eek:, need to make it look like a pillar )
Driver : 15" Dayton Reference (recommended driver)
Material : 18mm MDF (converted from 12mm ply to 18mm MDF using AutoCAD and simulated to find both are same in internal horn length and the horn area)
Thanks to our DIY Guru Sunil for helping me in this.

The First Panel is cut and the internal panels are drawn (to make the carpenter understand on the importance of the measurements in mm is another project:))

imag0266h.jpg

Closeup:

imag0267n.jpg

Last edited:
Is your HT room complete? I did not see any firther post and was wondering how the sub and the finished room looked like?

Please post some more pictures about the final or intermittent stage (s).

I am very pleased to see some one spending time & effort to do the things right first time. Kudos!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back