my love for watches..

Dinyaar - search for him on the forum - rolex man

Hi,

I am hoping that one day I could get my hands on a Rolex submariner Automatic movement and Omega Seamaster Automatic (one of the sexiest watches), though I am not dying for it! Both of them cost around 1.7 to 2.3 lakhs, so :rolleyes::eek:

Cheers!

Hi,
Omega Seamaster Automatic around 1.7 t

I think Seamaster automatic is available @ less than a lack!At least it used to be. And remember to check the price in many shops and see all variants and bargain sshamelessly!!( 10-15 % Discount is norm but you may get 30 -35% Discount too!!

I think Seamaster automatic is available @ less than a lack!At least it used to be. And remember to check the price in many shops and see all variants and bargain sshamelessly!!( 10-15 % Discount is norm but you may get 30 -35% Discount too!!

Oh, thanks for that. I have seen it only in PR&R sons in Chennai, around the price tag I mentioned. So far have seen them only on internet, never tried for it. Your post gives me a lot of courage, especially "bargain sshamelessly" I really like this, I will definitely do that next time I visit the showroom:yahoo:.

hi watch freaks......

am a newbie when it comes to this fetish.... yeah! always wanted a Rolex & now that am getting to mid '40s, indulged myself recently into a DJ but with a touch of twist - i.e. DJ Turn-o-graph black-dial in rolesor / jubilee.

what's your collection Dinyaar?

Hi audio engr,
Not a collection really!
Ya i inherited my Dads watches which has the Rolex Day/date President. The other Rolex is an SS Daytona. Have the Omega SeaMaster Professional, Tag Heuer Aquaracer, Tag Heuer Series 6000.
I like a tough, largish watch in stainless steel and all these fit the bill. All are auto and can be worn anywhere.
Rgds

hi watch freaks......

am a newbie when it comes to this fetish.... yeah! always wanted a Rolex & now that am getting to mid '40s, indulged myself recently into a DJ but with a touch of twist - i.e. DJ Turn-o-graph black-dial in rolesor / jubilee.

what's your collection Dinyaar?

Something like this?

RolexDatejustTurnOGraphs.JPG

@ Dinyaar

Day-date president? Man - you are indeed lucky!! Those day-date's are an all-gold affair.
Cheers!!

BTW-did you manage to hear the accu DP-600 which is a good VFM ?

When i was younger i hated the watch!!! Thought it was something i could crush a walnut with. HAted the bubble too. Actually i always wore a swatch and I loved it.
The Daytona, seamaster, Aquaracer are all watches i like and are bought by me.
Arup, the DP 600 is not on Demo. HAve heard the DP 400 (believe its upgraded recently) & the DP 500. Frankly i could not tell any difference in the sound of the two cdps & it was paired with the Accu Pre power (A-A/B not Class A) and an Avalon Floor Stander. As u are aware the pricing is steep and I am not in the market for a 4/5 L cdp.
Tried the Simaudio cdps, 5.3 & Super Nova and frankly they are not what I am looking for so am back to my arcam 192 & the yamaha CDS 2000.
Rgds

hey bros.

i love cool watches ,right now i have hamilton khaki navy watch(30000 rupees)

i love it :licklips:

anyone here who love watches

Hey manu4panjab!

I understand that this pretty old thread, but I want to address this because my love towards watch is eternal. I’m always asked: why watches? Why do I have such an affinity towards watches? What do I see that other people don’t? And I always find it super difficult to give them a straight and definitive answer. Most of the time the person will walk away being none the wiser, and I’m left standing there looking like a bit of an idiot, to be honest with you. Here I am, so heavily vested in watches, and I can’t even put together a proper answer. So here I am, trying my upmost to give you guys a bit of an insight into my passion. Over the next couple of paragraphs, I’ll attempt (heavy emphasis on attempt!) to divulge to you the reasoning behind my passion and obsession.

First off, I’m not your typical kind watch enthusiast or connoisseur. I don’t like dressing up, I don’t like wearing suits, I don’t play golf and I can’t drink scotch straight. I don’t care for or follow men’s styles and trends, I hate the idea of the modern day gentleman and I don’t earn millions of dollars every year. I don’t care for the arts and the idea of spending money on “going out” clothes makes me shudder. I might be the antagonist of what you’d normally consider to be a “watch guy”, but I have completely taken on that role. And proudly.

So why is it that I’ve fallen head over heels in love with watches, you may ask. Why is it that a small budding interest in these little time-telling tools has exploded into a full blown passion? I still probably couldn’t give you a proper answer, but I’ll have a crack at it. To me, a watch is more than something tangible and functional. It’s an embodiment of its wearer. It represents the wearer and their individual characteristics. It’s a portrayal of who you are and what you are. It may sound silly; I mean it’s just a watch. A tiny accessory whose existence could be overlooked by everyone but the wearer. But it isn’t. To the majority of us, buying a watch is a big deal. Dropping thousands and thousands of dollars isn’t just something we do everyday. We work hard and save hard to get these things. A watch is an achievement. It’s a representation of all the hard work and sacrifice we’ve had to go through to get it. How stupid though. You save all this money to spend it on something that is obsolete. No one wears a watch to tell the time. Why would you spend so much money on it? Well, that leads me to my next reason as to why I love watches.

A watch is a form of art. Plain and simple. I don’t care for art, in the traditional sense of the word. The whole culture of art just doesn’t click with me. Kind of goes right over my head. I went to the Louvre in Paris a few years ago and saw the Mona Lisa. Looked at it for half a minute and walked away. Honestly. It didn’t do a thing for me. But watches do. I love how simple they look, but how complex they really are. Everything is so small and intricate. And yet it all works congruently and efficiently. I’m a details kind of guy. I love details and I’ve got an eye for details. So seeing a watch ticking along effortlessly and accurately just kind of hits the right spot for me. And then when I see the movement it’s a whole other story. Seeing everything moving; the wheels turning, the gears grinding, the balance wheel swinging, the tourbillon spinning, its all like a beautiful symphony. My version of a beautiful symphony, anyway. It’s like music and magic mashed up into a package so small it can fit on a 50 cent coin.

Truth be told, I’m probably only scraping the surface with regards to explaining my passion for watches. They’re marvels of micro-mechanics, micro-engineering and micro-artistry. They’re a reflection of artisanship, craftsmanship and technical knowledge that is unlike anything else I have ever been exposed to. And while my love for watches came at a fairly late stage in my life, I think it’s safe to say that my passion for these tiny wonders is undying and everlasting.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back