my love for watches..

Which one of these is your model, Manu?

I'm eyeing the following and hopefully trick someone into buying one for me ;)

516sG9eM2UL._SS500_.jpg

SKZ231K1_2.jpg

skx779k3_MED.jpg

hey bro this one i have

Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT 3-Time Zone - Black Face - Black Rubber Strap H77635333

HI manu -Me too in love of watches
In fact I spend more on watches than Hi-Fi

I keep on buying watches Few New and many Old
Anyway I had Tissot Chrograph which I lost!!!

Now Let me see what I have
1) Omega Semaster- Swiss Automatic - Very Old Very Simple very ordinary unlike new semaster -Must Be 40 Years Old
2) Casio -G Shock- Japan
3) Casio Chronograph - Japan
4) Christian Dior - Swiss Quartz -Too "Soft" watch - Got Gift in Dubai
5) Plastic swach chron - my wife use it
6) Metal swach Chron - again wife uses it

FOLLOWING VINTAGE SWISS AUTOMATICS I HAVE
5) Tissot - Simple Golden watch -
6) Rado - A TV shaped
7) Katana
8) Tressa
9) M & M ( This watch has Glass Back)
10) Chateau - Jumping Hour Watch - For repairs for last 1 Year!:(

11) Also have one orient Full month calender ( Japan) watch

Watches I Had which I traded/sold
1) Guess Chronograph
2) Swatch Chron
3) Seiko Chron

tIP- Currently sale in going on on Amazon and nywatchstore.com -some billing issues I am facin but planning to get a cheap casio or pulsar!

Anyway want to owe ROLEX one day - simple watches,great recognition,mindboggling image !!!!- that to Submariner ( IT is James Bond's Orignal Watch you know!) or Daytona .Meanwhile any rolex will do!SHORT TERM AFFORDABLE DREAM is to owe OMEGA -SEmaster ( I Think iit is in 70 k+ Range)

To be honest -If someone will give me Simplest rolex like Air King I'll Love it!!

1) Omega Semaster- Swiss Automatic - Very Old Very Simple very ordinary unlike new semaster -Must Be 40 Years Old
2) Casio -G Shock- Japan

6) Rado - A TV shaped
7) Katana
8) Tressa

1) Guess Chronograph
2) Swatch Chron
3) Seiko Chron

tIP- Currently sale in going on on Amazon and nywatchstore.com -some billing issues I am facin but planning to get a cheap casio or pulsar!

Anyway want to owe ROLEX one day - simple watches,great recognition,mindboggling image !!!!- that to Submariner ( IT is James Bond's Orignal Watch you know!) or Daytona .Meanwhile any rolex will do!SHORT TERM AFFORDABLE DREAM is to owe OMEGA -SEmaster ( I Think iit is in 70 k+ Range)

To be honest -If someone will give me Simplest rolex like Air King I'll Love it!!

great collection :cool:

2) Casio -G Shock- Japan

6) Rado - A TV shaped
7) Katana
8) Tressa

1) Guess Chronograph
2) Swatch Chron
3) Seiko Chron

That's a pretty neat collection, got any pics?

Nice collection guys.
I just bought these two few days back -

Attachments

• 7769-604770-p.jpg
    7769-604770-p.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 4-watches_2066_30106093.jpg
    4-watches_2066_30106093.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 104
you guys want great watches cheap?- all you have to do is go to the most popular pawn shop in town.

here you will find pateks, rolexes, omegas, cartier, probably even a breitling, all traded in by the black sheep of the rich family who needs his booze money.:lol:

but seriously, who uses a watch any longer?

Nice collection guys.
I just bought these two few days back -

Very nice! The Guess looks almost like a Speedmaster!:D I'd understand if that was the idea...;)

you guys want great watches cheap?- all you have to do is go to the most popular pawn shop in town.

here you will find pateks, rolexes, omegas, cartier, probably even a breitling, all traded in by the black sheep of the rich family who needs his booze money.:lol:

but seriously, who uses a watch any longer?

Are you kidding or serious? :licklips:

Are you kidding or serious? :licklips:

seriously, both-

at vasanthanagar, bangalore, where my parents are, I have seen these watches (rolexes, omegas and once a patek phillippe). Many years back (1975-1985) though, at the two pawn shops that used to work there. I had access because the sons of the owners were playmates at table-tennis and french cricket.(hehe)

watches were meant to keep time in the years gone by, and when they were the only means to tell the time - there are mobile cell-phones now, which one has to carry, and they tell the time. and if your mobile fails you, there is always another fool with a mobile next to you, unless you are riding a sled to the north pole behind a pack of huskys.

and soon this-

Reality-Augmenting Terminator Vision Contact Lenses Nearly Here (They're in This Bunny's Eye) - Contacts - Gizmodo)

I am really fond of great watches and currently own Omega Seamaster 300GMT chrono which is attached and Longines elegance. both are nice and really dear to me. Next I am vouching for will be either IWC, Rolex or patek Philippe.

let's hope get them either of them soon.

regards,

swatantra

Attachments

• 22258000.jpg
    22258000.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 81
In my opinion we really don't need a watch in India. I never find in a meeting all the people are arriving on time and they have ready excuse of poor traffic. So it is just a piece of jewellery I guess.

Hi Guys,
I need to wear a watch and do have a few that i like. Some are my dads and some i have bought. The ones i wear alternately are the Rolex SS daytona, Omega SMP Chronometer, Tag heuer link (cant remember the exact No), Tag Heuer Aquaracer and an old Tissot. All are metal and can be worn anywhere and everywhere and are pretty rugged.
I wont buy another for sure as just the up keep of all the automatics cost a fair bit plus the fact that i am not a watch freak.
Mahi & Suri. I guess i can see the time on a phone or even passing by the Rajabai Tower:) but i still need to wear a watch. Maybe mahi thats the reason i am always on time!!!!! I hate being made to wait and that urges me to be on time in return.
Rgds

PS I dont have a Tag link as i mentioned above rather its the series 6000. Not mentioned anywhere on the watch, just on the box!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I need to wear a watch and do have a few that i like. Some are my dads and some i have bought. The ones i wear alternately are the Rolex SS daytona, Omega SMP Chronometer, Tag heuer link (cant remember the exact No), Tag Heuer Aquaracer and an old Tissot. All are metal and can be worn anywhere and everywhere and are pretty rugged.
I wont buy another for sure as just the up keep of all the automatics cost a fair bit plus the fact that i am not a watch freak.
Mahi & Suri. I guess i can see the time on a phone or even passing by the Rajabai Tower:) but i still need to wear a watch. Maybe mahi thats the reason i am always on time!!!!! I hate being made to wait and that urges me to be on time in return.
Rgds

Nice collection! I can understand why you might not want to buy any more but definitely not understand why you're not a watch freak though... :D

Hi
Not a watch freak as they dont excite me and its a pain when i have to keep setting the time/date on all the automatics almost every other day!!!! My wife keeps insisting that i wear them in rotation so I do. I could be happy with a simple cheap watch but not with just any car or any bike or any audio set up. Hence relatively not a watch freak.
I like the aquaracer the most as its the simplest watch but i Know that the SS daytona is a very popular watch and the premium it commands to its anyway high retail price.
Lastly none of the watches are bought locally but from Singapore where its much cheaper ( at least it used to be)
Rgds

Last edited:
I hve been using one watch for the past 12yrs it never went bust so never changed it. :)

Suri,

You can get all kinds of watches if you walk down brigade rd nowadays including

Hugo Bass, Rada, Omiga, Citizeen etc for 100 bucks each :)

Anyone heard of replica watches ? where are they available here in india ? upon googling many links are thrown up but all these replica dealers are located in china.can anyone suggest replica watch dealers in india.

Anyone heard of replica watches ? where are they available here in india ? upon googling many links are thrown up but all these replica dealers are located in china.can anyone suggest replica watch dealers in india.

You mean counterfeit? :eek:hyeah: Haven't seen any decent ones in India though you get lots in SG, Malaysia and Thailand...

Well there is a shopping arcade in bbay called Heera Panna at Haji Ali. There are tons of shops that offer replicas. There is actually a range i believe starting from a thousand to a few thousand and then there are the replicas with the swiss ETA movement that can go for about 12/15K too.
I know u didnt ask for my opinion but ill give it to u anyway. Why buy a fake? Why not a good Titan or a swatch? At least they are made to certain standards by watch makers of pedigree.
Anyway its your call and the above is the place u get them in bbay.
Rgds

Last edited:
Thanks Dinyaar for ur reply.it was a request from one of my cousin who is still a student.being still a student he is unable 2 afford these high end watches which most of his classmates or friends wear 2 college.being very close 2 him he requested me once if I can lay my hands on any of these replica watches.it was he who introduced me 2 this replica concept.BTW any particular shop in heera panna you can suggest which has good quality as well as low price.I can take out some time on a saturday and pay a visit.Anyways thanks for the lead.
regards

Well there is a shopping arcade in bbay called Heera Panna at Haji Ali. There are tons of shops that offer replicas. There is actually a range i believe starting from a thousand to a few thousand and then there are the repliacs with the swiss ETA movement that can go for about 12/15K too.
I know u didnt ask for my opinion but ill give it to u anyway. Why buy a fake? Why not a good Titan or a swatch? At least they are made to certain standards by watch makers of some pedigree.
Rgds

I know u didnt ask for my opinion but ill give it to u anyway. Why buy a fake? Why not a good Titan or a swatch? At least they are made to certain standards by watch makers of some pedigree.
Rgds

+1. If you want rugged reliability, you could look at the Seiko and Seiko 5 range. Like mentioned Titan's got very good designs too...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back