my love for watches..

Thanks Dinyaar for ur reply.it was a request from one of my cousin who is still a student.being still a student he is unable 2 afford these high end watches which most of his classmates or friends wear 2 college.being very close 2 him he requested me once if I can lay my hands on any of these replica watches.it was he who introduced me 2 this replica concept.BTW any particular shop in heera panna you can suggest which has good quality as well as low price.I can take out some time on a saturday and pay a visit.Anyways thanks for the lead.
regards

No Ash i cant recall a particular shop at Heera Panna. Most of the shops have shiny Rolex, omega, tag replicas on the window display. I dont know 'a' particular shop that i could suggest.
Please be careful or u will be conned and always bargain as there is no 'correct' price for a replica.
Good luck in the search

seriously, both-

at vasanthanagar, bangalore, where my parents are, I have seen these watches (rolexes, omegas and once a patek phillippe). Many years back (1975-1985) though, at the two pawn shops that used to work there. I had access because the sons of the owners were playmates at table-tennis and french cricket.(hehe)

watches were meant to keep time in the years gone by, and when they were the only means to tell the time - there are mobile cell-phones now, which one has to carry, and they tell the time. and if your mobile fails you, there is always another fool with a mobile next to you, unless you are riding a sled to the north pole behind a pack of huskys.

and soon this-

Reality-Augmenting Terminator Vision Contact Lenses Nearly Here (They're in This Bunny's Eye) - Contacts - Gizmodo)
What is the scenario right now?
I do not think so it is available?
And Rolex is EXTREAMLY dangerous to buy used -least from pawn shop as the number of rplex fakes many with engraved automatic movements...

also there is a huge network which refurbishes watches ie create watches from no of salvaged parts and there are chaces of some issues ( although I owe an omega like this!) Still I am told by a used dealler taht any USED rolex available around 30-35 k is probably fake!

And Suri never say who uses watches anymore ? Please may be the ONLY jewelary men can were .And as affulance grows watchws sales grows .Time display is nothing to do with watches.In mumbai's corporate world I've seen people are incresingly adopting to semi premium to premium watches ...like Rado,Omega,Seiko,Longeneis and occasional Rolex.In fact I've spotted a lot of swiss exotics like Audemars Pieguet,Piaget,Patek etc.

Anyway anyone knows such pawn shops in mumbai? And Suri can you confirm it's presence in B'lore nowdays?

Anyone heard of replica watches ? where are they available here in india ? upon googling many links are thrown up but all these replica dealers are located in china.can anyone suggest replica watch dealers in india.
Hehe I have a TISSOT hiQ replica .... hehe :)

and bought at 1200Rs... has chronograph (working ),Dual Date ,blue Dial...good S.steel ..running 3+ years ...
Originals also get scratches and lose the charm while in regular use ... but fakes/replicas have several variants in terms of Quality

Hi Kaushik

where did u get that from ? If possible can u upload it's photograph.
Is there any possibility of your watch dealer sending such kind of watches tp mumbai.
thanks

Hehe I have a TISSOT hiQ replica .... hehe :)

and bought at 1200Rs... has chronograph (working ),Dual Date ,blue Dial...good S.steel ..running 3+ years ...
Originals also get scratches and lose the charm while in regular use ... but fakes/replicas have several variants in terms of Quality

the tissot replica

sorry for mobile cam...it is difficult to take a good pic as it is shiny object..need diffuser etc ..

i am impressed by the scratch proof glass ..
it still looks the same ..the strap has got tiny scratches

these start from 2k now a days goes to 5k+ ,some are like these in 3k range...
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/groovyman12/104_1037.jpg
you get non chorono classic looking ones ... too...
but beware i found 3 variants of my one ..bought the best one availble in tissot .If you can save from water/moisture..these do last long

Adding some info here ,

in chrono ...showroom watches bangalore are normally CASIO (2k+), Titan(3k+),SWATCH and Q&Q(4k+),FOSSIL(5k+)...

One good offer is in future bazaar site for "foce" watches at 1200Rs ..foce

An interesting read for watch collectors.

My humble watch:

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Infilive/3026_52e21?hei=270&wid=250&op_sharpen=

Thats a Pierre Cardin.

Last edited:
Btw, I had a interesting case of missing zero in price while looking at watches.
I saw a Longines and looked at price which seemed Rs 32,000 which seemed reasonable.
The salesguy removed the watch from its case and handed it to me.
I again asked him the price and he cooly quoted Rs 3,20,000/-...... oops, i missed the last zero.

Btw, I had a interesting case of missing zero in price while looking at watches.
I saw a Longines and looked at price which seemed Rs 32,000 which seemed reasonable.
The salesguy removed the watch from its case and handed it to me.
I again asked him the price and he cooly quoted Rs 3,20,000/-...... oops, i missed the last zero.

This happened with with me -for a sportshoe - In fact model No was RS -XXX i thought is Is INR XXX ,so happy to see such a stylish sportshoe for less and then in the showroom- POPAT!!!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Have a nice one..
img0414xd7.jpg

Buddies Today I acquired this chron. This is pulsar -a brand owned by seiko.
I got it on Amazon in a killer deal for US$ -72.44 ( I think I asmcharged Rs 3765 On my card .) I asked someone in US to take delivary and carry it.The good thing is it has got alarm ( alibit a thin sounding!)

Amazon.com: Pulsar Watch Chronograph Mens Rotating Bezel Blue Dial Alarm Satin Finish PF3093 SALE: Watches

Any way in India on Ebay you get some killer deals on Tissot!
eBay shops Hypercity.Retail: Search results for.

The watch on right is actually ladies one that too I bought for my wife. Ultra basic Tissot @ Rs 2750 Is a steal!

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I need to wear a watch and do have a few that i like. Some are my dads and some i have bought. The ones i wear alternately are the Rolex SS daytona, Omega SMP Chronometer, Tag heuer link (cant remember the exact No), Tag Heuer Aquaracer and an old Tissot. All are metal and can be worn anywhere and everywhere and are pretty rugged.
I wont buy another for sure as just the up keep of all the automatics cost a fair bit plus the fact that i am not a watch freak.
Mahi & Suri. I guess i can see the time on a phone or even passing by the Rajabai Tower:) but i still need to wear a watch. Maybe mahi thats the reason i am always on time!!!!! I hate being made to wait and that urges me to be on time in return.
Rgds
No manu - finest is with Dinyaar- You will understand when u'll go deep in watches like Ht!
Especially Rolex Dytona is my dream watch - I will prefer it over much pricier Patek Phillipe or Piaget!
Anyway you know that "orignal" James Bond watch is Rolex not Omega! Older novels mentions this ,even a lot of older movies 007 sported Rolex!

No manu - finest is with Dinyaar- You will understand when u'll go deep in watches like Ht!
Especially Rolex Dytona is my dream watch - I will prefer it over much pricier Patek Phillipe or Piaget!
Anyway you know that "orignal" James Bond watch is Rolex not Omega! Older novels mentions this ,even a lot of older movies 007 sported Rolex!

Thanks hemant. There are so many superb watches and so much hype around them. The daytona is a superb marketing ploy by Rolex, the dearth of the SS one(white dial), limited to a few per dealer per year etc etc but yes i do like it. Did u know that a while ago the simple SS daytona sold (in the grey of course) at almost the same price as the steel/gold daytona!!! There was a waiting period earlier, dont know the scenario now as i DONT read about watches at all.
One word of caution though. These watches are good and trouble free but nothing lasts forever and when u even service this watch (at the official dealer i mean) u spend a bomb. U could buy a good chrono in the amount one spends to just service this Rolex. I restored my dads ancient Rolex and it cost a ridiculous amount, defiantely a few times the price my dad would have paid to acquire it.Just last month my ancient Tissot conked and i took it to a place in bbay that are the service agents for most of these swiss brands. He said the watch needed service and the crown and pushers needed to be replaced. I paid 14.5K for the job!!!! I had paid about 8K to buy this damn watch in the 90s in Basel!!!!!!!
Rgds

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back