Surrounds: Wharfedale Diamond 9.DFS
Subwoofer: Velodyne Impact 10

Accessories:
Network Router: Lynksys Wifi
ISP: BSNL wire Broadband
Stabilizer: V-GUARD CRYSTAL 3AMPS
Step-down for AVR: 750W Isolation type from universal, SP Road

See few snaps,

Nice setup anish. Keep the sub little away from the wall and change the direction a bit. Looks like Panny V20 scores a 10/10 in HFV :clapping: .

Thanks every one! enjoying the fullest. The only point I have worry (but not so much, but still) is the cross over is gone to 80Hz by the auto calibration. Also, most people suggest this figure. Because of this I am loosing the beautiful music play-ability of Diamond 9.2. Though it's ok now, earlier when 9.2 was handling the full band it was very pleasant to hear music tracks. So for the sake of movies I loose a little bit for music. Also, my next project was to biamp the fronts which I am not sure how far I can gain in this new setup.

Kittu, did you mean to point the sub to face the audience? And how far from wall?

~Anish

Anish,

You can use zone2 to bi-amp the fronts , it sure will give you some more results.

Keep the sub atleast 8 inches away from the wall and move the direction towards the listening side.

OT, is that a bedroom turned into HT or HALL?

Kittu

Kittu,

Per onkyo manual there is a pair of front surrounds which can be used for biamping.
I guess when we connect these terminals and enable the biamping in receiver the receiver just channels the lower and upper freq separately.

The bedroom was perfectly sized for HT so we just reused it. ;-) I know it's a little narrow but still my setup rightly fill the room not boom no reverberation, just nice movie sounds and for music as well suits good.

Yep you can do that too, that reminds me you have left no space for 608 inhale some outside air , keep checking its temperature time to time :) .

As a matter of fact I have found the same even before buying it. It's a general issue faced by many. Onkyo says it's nothing to worry about. They clearly mention this on top of the receiver as well and asks us to make enough head room for air passage. What I have done is I have kept the onkyo on top a wooden piece and when ever I watch just slide the piece along with the receiver to be place into a similar height table. After watching slide it back. I am also thinking of fixing an exhaust on the back side of the wall unit. But I am suspicious about the possible noise it can make.

Congrats anish!! Enjoy the setup.
Would like to experience your setup sometime later at your place at your conveinence.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back