My MTM stand mount loudspeakers

I thank you for the reply.
My idea was to procure the drivers, crossover components and have them put together by someone capable of fine soldering and get the boxes made by a professional carpenter and finally do the finishing myself.
Is there any other suitable crossover design you can suggest which you may have liked in the testing phase ?

These speakers will be played thru a Marantz CD player & Marantz AVR .

I thank you for the reply.
My idea was to procure the drivers, crossover components and have them put together by someone capable of fine soldering and get the boxes made by a professional carpenter and finally do the finishing myself.
Is there any other suitable crossover design you can suggest which you may have liked in the testing phase ?

These speakers will be played thru a Marantz CD player & Marantz AVR .

IIRC, these values will give you a good starting point.

2nd Order crossover
Tweeter - 5mfd MPP Capacitor + 0.75mH inductor
Woofer - 4mfd MPP Capacitor + 1.0mH inductor

IIRC, these values will give you a good starting point.

2nd Order crossover
Tweeter - 5mfd MPP Capacitor + 0.75mH inductor
Woofer - 4mfd MPP Capacitor + 1.0mH inductor

Hi T.Antony,
A sincere request to share the details of crossover components used and details to make an exact crossover as yours. Its quite conspicuous from the initial crossover image and the final crossover image that the changes are many and it will be difficult for us to replicate your genious efforts.
Request to share the crossover details for completion of my build, I have already ordered for those drivers with Jeetu Bhai.

Thanks in advance.

Hi T.Antony,
A sincere request to share the details of crossover components used and details to make an exact crossover as yours. Its quite conspicuous from the initial crossover image and the final crossover image that the changes are many and it will be difficult for us to replicate your genious efforts.
Request to share the crossover details for completion of my build, I have already ordered for those drivers with Jeetu Bhai.

Thanks in advance.
Am not T.Antony but check out post 115.

Just saw this thread, what wonderful work, simply brilliant

I learnt a lot from your experience (including the secret ingredient)

I am going to attempt to build some speaker cabinets and multilayered plinths for turntables. This was a great learning experience.

Hi Anthony
I hope you remember me. You purchased a Sansui amplifier from me. I appreciate the great effort you put on this speakers. I would be interested to know the baffle cut out dimensions for this tweeter used. Any idea ?

Where did you buy these in Bangalore ?
Thanks.

I got it from the local hardware shop. Ask for Tar Roofing Sheet. It comes in small dimensions about 1mm thick bitumen with protective plastic layers on either sides. I stuck multiple sheets together to get the desired thickness.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back