my new audio system

Congratulations Stevieboy! I hope in the coming months/years you will post your compositions here :)

most certainly! i shall first hound ye all with my terrible practicing then astound with my skill as time goes by :D i am planning to make a youtube journey from day one exercises to the end of book so i can look back and see how i progressed, mistakes and all.

Classical guitar.. wow! Many congratulations :) A friend of mine was a student in classical guitar and used to play some numbers for us. The power of the sound is something.. completely overshadows a steel acoustic.
This is truly a king among instruments, in my humble opinion.

absolutely asliarun! in fact was considering a fender strat to start guitar in earnest a colleague picked up an epiphone les paul second hand. then somehow i got onto the classical guitar and really don't know how i decided to choose it. it just happened one day everything clicked into place. the advantage is its a self contained instrument you don't need a backing band in which to perform. and the songs one can coax out of it are simply amazing! truly royal like you said!

yes stevieboy,

keep a pocket knife ready and cut a notch on the neck of the yamaha every time you give a vacuous female breakfast and send her on her way!

regds

tch tch suri, you have a lot to learn :p here's an invaluable insight into how to do it in bond style.

she makes me breakfast before i send her on her way ;)

Last edited:
Simply fabulous looking guitar! I may want to pluck its strings someday ...
You really took everyone for a nice ride!! Great fun!! :lol:

Cheers

most welcome over! yeah was great fun with all the wild guessing and surmises flying around :D

:)
QUOTE=stevieboy;111042]most welcome over! yeah was great fun with all the wild guessing and surmises flying around :D[/QUOTE]

@ stevieboy : Congrats!! :clapping: on the arrival of the C40. just wished you went a bit up - more like the CG151C / CG171C. :)

Enjoy the C40 :eek:hyeah:

hi audio_engr,

was thinking of the alhambra 2p which is cedar top. but figured that i'd save the extra 15k for the iphone. most of the solid tops are 20 plus here in india. if am gonna spend more i'd rather spend on a guitar made in spain. long term eyeing one of the beauties from Classical Guitar Inventory of Fine Concert Guitars

regards

Thanks to this thread, I getting a couple of John Williams' albums. That was awesome guitar work by the guy.

Congrats on the C40. Post some recordings of you playing....that would be great!

ah which albums shaizada? i have a few john williams and segovia on lp. will surely post a link once i've got a youtube account up and running. had an account forgot the username password long long back hehe

Oh no..so you have downgraded to a Mono !:p

Cheers and enjoy it. I had learnt classical guitar for a month and then had to give it up as my son was a toddler and needed to spend more time :( once you lean to play a classical guitar, you can play any guitar after that.

shucks. do you still have the guitar? if so and you want to restart, the frederick noad book 'solo guitar playing 1 with cd is available in india on InfiBeam: Gifts to India | Online Shopping India | Apparel, Books, Cameras, Watches, Mobiles they take bout 20 days to ship though. but good prices considering prices on amazon + shipping from there.

mono audio yes. but not being one! (in spanish mono means a monkey :D)

P.S: Somehow I'm just not able to picture Mr.Bond strumming on a classical guitar and crooning. Going soft, are we? Or is it the Valentine's fever? :D

soft? no no. the guitar's got a secret side to it. but then that's the subject matter of another thread when the appropriate time arrives :p

yes will most certainly subject you to some clangy videos of my ineptitude with the guitar and later on hopefully with some skill :D

i am planning to make a youtube journey from day one exercises to the end of book so i can look back and see how i progressed, mistakes and all.

Dont worry about mistakes steve after you have acquired mastery of it, you can always change title of you tube videos to..
Things to AVOID while learning classical guitar :D

Congrats and welcome to the Yamaha C family :)

I have a C70 cedar/mahogany that needs to be played a lot more often than it is. Somehow I end up with the steel-strung guitars most of the time...

thanks cranky! ah the shop guy showed me a c70 too but had researched the c40 thoroughly so decided to stick with it. good to know someone else has almost the same guitar!

shucks. do you still have the guitar? if so and you want to restart, the frederick noad book 'solo guitar playing 1 with cd is available in india on InfiBeam: Gifts to India | Online Shopping India | Apparel, Books, Cameras, Watches, Mobiles they take bout 20 days to ship though. but good prices considering prices on amazon + shipping from there.

mono audio yes. but not being one! (in spanish mono means a monkey :D)

i have stopped "mono"ing around with one. I went to a professional class in Singapore..they had given me a book and had attended the classes where they showed me the grip and how to read the notes etc etc.

too much of hard work required.. prefer giving "Gyan" on audio to get my kicks these days. especially cables/power etc :eek:hyeah:

hey suri thanks for the link. somehow these dang threads tend to get buried fast i had come to this section to make a post on the macbook thread and saw your link. guess i'm gonna be visiting gizmodo more often now thank to you! :thumbsup:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back