my new audio system

Classical guitar.. wow! Many congratulations :) A friend of mine was a student in classical guitar and used to play some numbers for us. The power of the sound is something.. completely overshadows a steel acoustic.

John Williams' rendition of Asturias is one of those pieces that makes me want to learn the classical guitar every time I listen to it. This is truly a king among instruments, in my humble opinion.

YouTube - Asturias-John Williams

People had very high expectations from you as you had exhibited those standards and it showed Stevie! Congrats once again with your new companion.

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

yes stevieboy,

you are going to be having fun making beautiful music with this guitar and all the vacuous females you seduce with this japanese music system!

keep a pocket knife ready and cut a notch on the neck of the yamaha every time you give a vacuous female breakfast and send her on her way!

but, remember, only one notch for one - Mr. Bond never entertained a (superfluous) female more than once - if he did, she died ( shot through the heart with a bullet meant for Mr. Bond):)

regds

Simply fabulous looking guitar! I may want to pluck its strings someday ...
You really took everyone for a nice ride!! Great fun!! :lol:

Cheers

Thanks to this thread, I getting a couple of John Williams' albums. That was awesome guitar work by the guy.

Congrats on the C40. Post some recordings of you playing....that would be great!

Oh no..so you have downgraded to a Mono !:p

Cheers and enjoy it. I had learnt classical guitar for a month and then had to give it up as my son was a toddler and needed to spend more time :( once you lean to play a classical guitar, you can play any guitar after that.

Oh, congrats !

:)

thanks vinod! those luxmans sure are good heard a lot about them! still have to hear one though. there was a luxman for sale some years back in av max... nice signature btw!

edit: what's the one on the extreme right? the last one didnt get that component

thanks rikhav, turned out to be a 'new' system eh? ;)

:mad: What?! No geisha??? Congrats all the same, I suppose... :indifferent14:

j/k

Dude, for all the hype you created you better upload clips of you playing that damn thing! Congrats! :D

P.S: Somehow I'm just not able to picture Mr.Bond strumming on a classical guitar and crooning. Going soft, are we? Or is it the Valentine's fever? :D

Mr. Bond

congrats.

grubyhalo, + 1 to your statement, Mr. bond is suffering from valentine's fever;)

Regards

thanks rikhav, turned out to be a 'new' system eh? ;)

Well the hands are his "interconnects" and the hearbeat is the clock (not sure if its jitter free) The eyeballs are the equivalent of a twin laser tracking mechanism and the servo motor control is the brain :)

.. And then there is a spare RCA male plug somewhere in between :D

Cheers

hi stevieboy,

great stuff!

are you in a band? apart from the unplugged thing that you will do with the yamaha when you are romancing and plugging the "love at first play", i am sure you play/plan to play in a band?

regds

no suri no band. classical guitarists are mostly solo guys. this is more for my sole enjoyment right now. don't aim to share this beauty with anyone ;) hehe in the future if i get good at it i shall perhaps look at performing at small venues but more likely will teach it or do something with it along with spanish that i'm learning. long term goal is to explore something monetarily viable so lets see how that plan goes.

aiming to do something culturally and make a living too from it. in fact am encapsulating my life philosophy in a tee shirt that i'm making. it will say 'I have decided to become culturally rich' :)

Congrats Steve:clapping:

How much did it cost you? Do you know how to play it already? I like the sound of Guitar so much that I have a good collection of music with a lot of guitar in it.

I always wanted to learn it but didn't:sad:

hi captrajesh you must take it up never too late! even 15 mins a day will be good enough for you to make substantial progress over time. it cost 4.8k and a bag for bout 700 bucks. do take a look at all the classical guitar videos on youtube.com check out julian bream, john williams, andres segovia and so many other talented players like you and me who may not become famous but nevertheless play superbly! dont know how to play classical am learning from scratch.

this book is book one of a two part series. the book is a two year course! its got exercises right to full guitar pieces. all in notation.

this is a technical manual with exercises to improve technique in specific areas for left and right hand.

regards

nailbiting-main_Full.jpg

Oh steven
The Girl was eagerly waiting, biting her nails just to hear you say "Yes" but you picked up guitar. Any way Congrats :)

i already has this beauty in bed ;)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back