my new audio system

i have absolutely no doubt now that stevieboy must do a steve jobs kind of thing.

so, i am in with you stevieboy, let us start a company producing desirable gadgets and holding thse suspense shows - we cannot fail!

MUAAHAHAHAHA!

5.45 i clicked the pic it just got uploaded i kid you not! one pic had a problem same one close up one refused to be uploaded grrrrr

nailbiting-main_Full.jpg

ok guys here it is! a brief revision of the clues strewn in the thread...:

1. came with strings attached

2. was more 'there'. remember i bunged in viren too saying he keeps it in mind when creating his equipment and even he'd approve of it

3. takes some skill to master

4. far more fluid and live than any system

5. japanese

6. see forty (c40 was ze clue)

7. will take 6 months burn in time (the top part, the sounding board takes that much time to age and then the proper sound emerges, the more one plays the better it sounds)

8. no tubes in it

9. a 'classic' connundrum (classical)

10. the cant afford to bite my nails - (classical guitarists grow the nails on their right finger picking hand) psychotropic you could have used this clue to narrow down the musical instrument you were pretty pretty close with takamine!!! ;)

11. midway through the thread i made a post on how the title ought to be changed from 'audio' system to 'music' system

first prize goes to viren, psychotropic and gobble in the chronological order they guessed what i was getting. :clapping: of course psychotropic got confused again with the six month burn in hehe :D the first proper recording i make will be burnt on a cd and sent to you three first!

i particularly enjoyed the marriage suggestion, well its still at a love at first play situation right now :D

hiten came eerily close with the shape of the speakers pic he posted!

and i LOVED vinod's article link with 40 in the first line GRIN

i have just reached home had to reinstall nokia pc suite which somehow wasnt working! here are ze pics of the YAMAHA C 40 CLASSICAL GUITAR! MY NEW MUSIC SYSTEM :licklips:

extremely sorry for the huge image guys but smaller res wasn't working. been trying from 5.45 to 7!

its been a fun journey thanks to all for participating in this cluedo game :clapping: i just had to share the joy with you guys :cheers:

oh dude, when I was posting Takamine I had also written "can't be a Yamaha can it?" .....and then deleted it for some reason. And then I even guessed a yamaha Piano.

But ya, Viren's was the key guess. and everything else you said tied in with a Japanese guitar, but the burn in foxed me.....i'd never heard of burn in on a guitar, but maybe classical guitars function differently. how much did it cost?

Anyways, congratulations, the best way to enjoy music is while making it (even if crappily). No stereo or setup comes even remotely close.

congrats Steven. That's really a nice looking instrument. This entire thread almost reached the climax of if "MY name is Khan" will be released in mumbai or not.:D

but maybe classical guitars function differently. how much did it cost?

Anyways, congratulations, the best way to enjoy music is while making it (even if crappily). No stereo or setup comes even remotely close.

yeah psychotropic nothing like making music oneself either on a yamaha or a geisha a la hiten and suri :p

cost 4.8k was actually waiting for a proper spanish guitar alhambra but no stock for many months this one sounds better than the price led me to believe. classical guitars come in two types cedar and spruce tops. the spruce tops on proper concert guitars take 3-4 years to achieve full resonance qualities the cedar top ones take shorter bout 8 months or so. the one i've got is entry level so laminated spruce top. but still will take bout 6 months to sound its best.

good guessing though! :clapping:
regards

hi stevieboy,

great stuff!

are you in a band? apart from the unplugged thing that you will do with the yamaha when you are romancing and plugging the "love at first play", i am sure you play/plan to play in a band?

regds

Congrats Steve:clapping:

How much did it cost you? Do you know how to play it already? I like the sound of Guitar so much that I have a good collection of music with a lot of guitar in it.

I always wanted to learn it but didn't:sad:

nailbiting-main_Full.jpg

Oh steven
The Girl was eagerly waiting, biting her nails just to hear you say "Yes" but you picked up guitar. Any way Congrats :)

Dayumn!
0060-0807-1220-5847_A_Beat_Up_Man_Waving_the_White_Flag_of_Surrender_clipart_image.jpg

The whole system upgrade threw me off!
Congragulations to our super sleuths Psychotropic, Viren.

Congrats Stevie!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back