My new music PC

Yep apparently that is the Alpha reference. 14k is a bit too hard to swallow - way beyond my league. However good thing is that this might mean lots of Alpha units might end up being put into the preowned market for reasonable money.

lots of Alpha units might end up being put into the preowned market for reasonable money.

Yes you are right, actually the Berkley alphas do come up on Audiogon from time to time at 40-50% off, I almost made an offer on one last year, but held off because of audition issues and 220v (though apparently there is a switch inside to accomodate this).
Cheers,
Sid

Thanks ROC - I did try the studio DAC route with extensive audition of the Prism Orpheus, and while the Prism is an excellent unit, The Ayon Skylla II IMO is in a different league. It makes music would be my only comment.
Cheers,
Sid

The BADA Alpha DAC and USB SPDIF converter are two items on my shortlist for my next source upgrade. Apparently there is brilliant synergy between the two and for a studio dac, it actually sounds very very fluid without any harshness. Only trouble is getting one to audition in India. If I get this, it basically has to be purchased blind. It is nice to know that you had an excellent experience with the converter.
Cheers!

@Sid
We have not tried BADA Alpha on Prism Orpheus. Let's do it at your convenient time.

@ROC
It (BADA USB) was a blind buy based on computer audiophile.com USB converter shoot out thread and Sid's recommendation and it paid off. I am quite satisfied.
Cheers,
sameer

@Sid
We have not tried BADA Alpha on Prism Orpheus. Let's do it at your convenient time.

@ROC
It (BADA USB) was a blind buy based on computer audiophile.com USB converter shoot out thread and Sid's recommendation and it paid off. I am quite satisfied.
Cheers,
sameer

sir i see the signature has changed...

cs3's are gone ??

Sameer did you have someone hand carry it or did you get it shipped? If you got it shipped, could you please pass me the details via PM.

thanks!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back