My new Receiver !! AVR 460

Sunderpalanivel

Hi Guys,

I finally sold my Denon 1912 and bought a Harman Kardon AVR460. I could straightaway notice the difference in the depth and clarity of sound, even at the low volume levels. Its video up conversion is working cool too..

I think its the high current 35 AMPS thats making all the difference, the sound is louder, clearer, deeper and crispier :yahoo:

Cheers,
Sunder.

Last edited:
Congratulations. :clapping:

I thought even Denon 1912 has some discrete power amp section for each channel ? Do you think it is purely high current that is making all the improvements?

Pioneer, JBL and Harmans are naturally LOUD. I think its a family thing. ;)

No, I don't think so. I have got what I was after. While using Denon I kept feeling the speakers are capable of much deeper sound. Now HK is driving my speaker's nuts :lol:

If I have to buy a power amp, I first have to upgrade my speakers to much higher range.

By the way today I saw demo of Yamaha and oppo blu ray players. My god the picture quality between my Sony and Yamaha / Oppo is like day and night !! It was just a dvd playing from the yamaha blu ray player and the video was like picture clicked using DSLR. My next purchase would be a yamaha or oppo blu ray player.

I kept thinking Sony is good and as long as disc is nice all the player produces same quality video and audio, but I was very wrong, that yamaha has put my sony to shame. I think tis very important to have a quality source.

By the way I have also upgraded the HDMI cable to Monster.

Congratulations. :clapping:

I thought even Denon 1912 has some discrete power amp section for each channel ? Do you think it is purely high current that is making all the improvements?

Pioneer, JBL and Harmans are naturally LOUD. I think its a family thing. ;)

Yes I am sure about that !! not just louder, there is a depth of music in lower volumes also. I am sure its due to high current. Also as stated in above post, Denon is 8.8 kg and HK is 14.5 KG..all down to the transformer

Last edited:
Yes I am sure about that !! not just louder, there is a depth of music in lower volumes also. I am sure its due to high current. Also as stated in above post, Denon is 8.8 kg and HK is 14.5 KG..all down to the transponder

You mean transformer. Yep that might make a difference. Not just the weight.:D

No, I don't think so. I have got what I was after. While using Denon I kept feeling the speakers are capable of much deeper sound. Now HK is driving my speaker's nuts :lol:

If I have to buy a power amp, I first have to upgrade my speakers to much higher range.

By the way today I saw demo of Yamaha and oppo blu ray players. My god the picture quality between my Sony and Yamaha / Oppo is like day and night !! It was just a dvd playing from the yamaha blu ray player and the video was like picture clicked using DSLR. My next purchase would be a yamaha or oppo blu ray player.

I kept thinking Sony is good and as long as disc is nice all the player produces same quality video and audio, but I was very wrong, that yamaha has put my sony to shame. I think tis very important to have a quality source.

By the way I have also upgraded the HDMI cable to Monster.

Hi,

Congrats for your new AVR. which speakers you have now. I have got Polk RTI A7 & i was looking to pair with Denon 1912 :rolleyes:

I use tsi400 for which I felt 1912 was not enough and I sold 1912 to get HK AVR 460, and trust me I was not wrong. For Rti I really don't think 1912 will do justice. Also 1912 does not have pre-out so you will be left with no options even if you want to add power amp in future.

I use tsi400 for which I felt 1912 was not enough and I sold 1912 to get HK AVR 460, and trust me I was not wrong. For Rti I really don't think 1912 will do justice. Also 1912 does not have pre-out so you will be left with no options even if you want to add power amp in future.

so would this HK 460 do justice at an extent? i have seen mixed reviews about even after getting power amp the difference is not as good/much in ratio with amount invested. I also have polk 6750 satellites & recommended power input is 50-100 watts...so would be they ok if i connect them to hk avr460...this avr doesnt support 3d & i have 3d tv so i think i ll have to run a diff cable from bd to tv directly...does it supports arc?

I am sure HK 460 will be lot better than 1912. In worst case it has pre outs so you could use a power amp if you really think you need to. 460 does support 3d (3d pass through ) you need to have latest software, anyways if you buy now you will get it with latest software. I am sure there are others with more knowledge here could advise, but I am sure 1912 won't be enough for Rti

1912 with the RTI FS - well it would be able to drive it ... Question is can it drive the speakers well enough - I guess not

Ideally i would look at a AVR with preouts and add a decent PA or a Denon 3312 or similar specced other brand AVR's and above but definitely not the 1912

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back