My review of the XGIMI H1

Roughly, for every 1.2 feet away from the screen, you would get 1 feet screen width.. If the PJ is 12 feet away from the screen, then you will have 10 feet wide image (Diagonal Approx 135 inch)..

Short throw is a type of projector, where you get approx 100 inch diagonal from less than 2 feet from the screen..

BTW, what are your room dimensions ?..

H1..
Is it worth going for H1S??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

It is a personal choice.. While H1s has improved brightness & throw ratio over H1, Xgimi has not launched the international version (english) of H1s..At the moment H1s is aval in chinese only..So will be difficult to make the set-up..
Hmm, any idea when they will launch H1S international version?

Collected XGIMI H1 from my friend.. Yet to wall mount them..

Totally spent $900 (57K INR).. $849 for H1 + $50 for official base plate & wall mount accessory..

Will share more pics when I mount them..
0ee14cb0fb6462ea7c98a8224998ec8a.jpg
534c9538e7c012c3acf47a820936ce61.jpg
7259499233db2bce14fc98d88065da1a.jpg
5efac26f4bfec231b0b6ecaceab5f4ce.jpg
ff1cda1f4a04345e1e3ed81ef91a81d7.jpg
c3864c5476b06516b503a9a83962bee1.jpg

Collected XGIMI H1 from my friend.. Yet to wall mount them..

Totally spent $900 (57K INR).. $849 for H1 + $50 for official base plate & wall mount accessory..

Will share more pics when I mount them..
0ee14cb0fb6462ea7c98a8224998ec8a.jpg
534c9538e7c012c3acf47a820936ce61.jpg
7259499233db2bce14fc98d88065da1a.jpg
5efac26f4bfec231b0b6ecaceab5f4ce.jpg
ff1cda1f4a04345e1e3ed81ef91a81d7.jpg
c3864c5476b06516b503a9a83962bee1.jpg
Wow!! Awesome!! I talked with Manish and asked for best price, he said 70k is the best price with Indian warrenty... Don't know what shall I do.. Am confused to go with my US friend or local authorised guy??

Wow!! Awesome!! I talked with Manish and asked for best price, he said 70k is the best price with Indian warrenty... Don't know what shall I do.. Am confused to go with my US friend or local authorised guy??

55K INR ($849) is what you would pay in US for this product.. For 15K more you get it here with warranty..

I would suggest you to check with other FM on a XGIMI H1 - DLP - LED PJ interest check thread in the forum.. Even if you get 2 ~ 3 ppl more, you have the benefit of negotiating further.. 65K with warranty will be excellent deal..

I would have joined you, had i not got the chance to get it from US..

55K INR ($849) is what you would pay in US for this product.. For 15K more you get it here with warranty..

I would suggest you to check with other FM on a XGIMI H1 - DLP - LED PJ interest check thread in the forum.. Even if you get 2 ~ 3 ppl more, you have the benefit of negotiating further.. 65K with warranty will be excellent deal..

I would have joined you, had i not got the chance to get it from US..
Elango, when are you going to submit your review, Am Waiting:)

@elangoas, I am also waiting for your feedback before I finalize my next PJ. Unfortunately I was unable to find any good deals during thanksgiving and now back to square one :(

@elangoas, I am also waiting for your feedback before I finalize my next PJ. Unfortunately I was unable to find any good deals during thanksgiving and now back to square one :(

Sure.. Will try sharing actual pics by this weekend..

For the past 2 days, kept the PJ on my sofa and was projecting it to get hang of features, playback and video settings.. I had run thru/tweak basic brightness & contrast & luminance adjustments..

Onething i can tell is that, the colours are excellent and is also brighter..

There are options of adjusting the individual RGB colours in the PJ.. Also some good options inside settings called step-less zooming, which adjusts/reduce the picture width & height in small increments without loss of quality..

Thanks @Elangoas, will wait... no problem.
I am really confused whether to go for xgimi or an existing brand like epson 2040. Will have to take a call based on your review :)

Sure.. Will try sharing actual pics by this weekend..

For the past 2 days, kept the PJ on my sofa and was projecting it to get hang of features, playback and video settings.. I had run thru/tweak basic brightness & contrast & luminance adjustments..

Onething i can tell is that, the colours are excellent and is also brighter..

There are options of adjusting the individual RGB colours in the PJ.. Also some good options inside settings called step-less zooming, which adjusts/reduce the picture width & height in small increments without loss of quality..

Congratulations on getting the H1. Mine has a strong red tint out of the box and excessive saturation. I'm not sure if its the same for you. Getting a blue filter lens would be ideal to set the colours.

Congratulations on getting the H1.

Thanks..

Mine has a strong red tint out of the box and excessive saturation. I'm not sure if its the same for you.

Think mine had too..But have slightly reduced the red values under settings..

Getting a blue filter lens would be ideal to set the colours.

Great.. Could you share a link or a pic for the same..

What advantages are with these glasses w.r.t calibrating colours?..Any aval locally in India?..

You don't have to change the RGB values much just set them equal it's colour and saturation that need to be set to get the colour right. You can use the avs colour pattern which is the one with the flashing boxes with blue filter glasses or a blue photography filter

I did use one (or) two of the you tube vidoes for brightness & contrast setting..

I did see the RGB colour boxes flashing video.. Was unaware that a glass needs to be used to tweak the colours..

Anyways, these are my present settings after running thru the brightness & contrast videos..
5a77088d6220e043a5e23a3f035bb07b.jpg

Last edited:
What advantages are with these glasses w.r.t calibrating colours?..Any aval locally in India?..

Not sure about local availability, but you should be able to get a blue photography filter. Try a store which sells photography equipment to vizcom students.

I did use one (or) two of the you tube vidoes for brightness & contrast setting..

I did see the RGB colour boxes flashing video.. Was unaware that a glass needs to be used to tweak the colours..

Anyways, these are my present settings after running thru the brightness & contrast videos..

The blue filter is needed to set the colour and saturation along with that video. It will let only blue light through. You then tweak the settings till the flashing boxes no longer appear to be flashing. Ofcourse this is the most basic way of setting colour. To tweak the output colour gamut any further you will need a colourimeter and a device that can take 3d lut tables (this will be highly unnecessary unless you are extremely anal about colour gamut)

Comparing notes on settings is futile however as projectors must be calibrated as a system (Projector + Screen + Ambient conditions) which will never be comparable, so I cant help you there.

But just setting up the basic tests in AVS should give you pictures which exceed most multiplexes :eek:hyeah:

Thank you @danielnaveen2003, you have been really helpful in enlightening some topics which i was never aware of..

Not sure about local availability, but you should be able to get a blue photography filter. Try a store which sells photography equipment to vizcom students.

Ok..Have couple of friends who are photomaniac.. Will check with them..

The blue filter is needed to set the colour and saturation along with that video. It will let only blue light through. You then tweak the settings till the flashing boxes no longer appear to be flashing. Ofcourse this is the most basic way of setting colour.

Sure.. Will try..

To tweak the output colour gamut any further you will need a colourimeter and a device that can take 3d lut tables (this will be highly unnecessary unless you are extremely anal about colour gamut)

Don't think will go that far..:eek:hyeah:

Comparing notes on settings is futile however as projectors must be calibrated as a system (Projector + Screen + Ambient conditions) which will never be comparable, so I cant help you there.

Sure.. Understand.. In the above pic, the Red values out of the box was 50/53..Reducing it to 48, also reduced the red tint out of pictures..

But just setting up the basic tests in AVS should give you pictures which exceed most multiplexes :eek:hyeah:

True..The shades of colours are truly amazing after basic tweaking.. Am wondering if the colours are really that good (or) if i need to tweak it down further..

Back