My review of the XGIMI H1

Thank you @danielnaveen2003, you have been really helpful in enlightening some topics which i was never aware of..

Ok..Have couple of friends who are photomaniac.. Will check with them..

Sure.. Will try..

Don't think will go that far..:eek:hyeah:

Sure.. Understand.. In the above pic, the Red values out of the box was 50/53..Reducing it to 48, also reduced the red tint out of pictures..

True..The shades of colours are truly amazing after basic tweaking.. Am wondering if the colours are really that good (or) if i need to tweak it down further..
The shades of colours are truly amazing after basic tweaking

Elango, you are tempting us.. Waiting for your review.. Plzzzzzz:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Not sure about local availability, but you should be able to get a blue photography filter. Try a store which sells photography equipment to vizcom students.

The blue filter is needed to set the colour and saturation along with that video. It will let only blue light through. You then tweak the settings till the flashing boxes no longer appear to be flashing. Ofcourse this is the most basic way of setting colour. To tweak the output colour gamut any further you will need a colourimeter and a device that can take 3d lut tables (this will be highly unnecessary unless you are extremely anal about colour gamut)

Comparing notes on settings is futile however as projectors must be calibrated as a system (Projector + Screen + Ambient conditions) which will never be comparable, so I cant help you there.

But just setting up the basic tests in AVS should give you pictures which exceed most multiplexes :eek:hyeah:
Guys, any guess on how much should I pay custom duty charges if I do shipment to India?? Attached screen shot.
3b1f05b2403dc74046335b7a48b7eb28.jpg

Guys, any guess on how much should I pay custom duty charges if I do shipment to India?? Attached screen shot.
3b1f05b2403dc74046335b7a48b7eb28.jpg

Depends on the shipping method, if it's ems you'll likely get low customs duty or 0 duty, if it's DHL or FedEx you can expect to pay through your nose. Example I got just the xgimi wall mount from Ali Express and shipped it through FedEx I was charging 1700 bucks for a item that costs round about the same amount as they add handling charges too.

Depends on the shipping method, if it's ems you'll likely get low customs duty or 0 duty, if it's DHL or FedEx you can expect to pay through your nose. Example I got just the xgimi wall mount from Ali Express and shipped it through FedEx I was charging 1700 bucks for a item that costs round about the same amount as they add handling charges too.
EMS have tracking number??

Ofcourse it does, EMS is the express shipping method for state owned postal services i.e. your package will come through India post.

Once I paid hefty customs for a blueray which was shipped through EMS from UK. It all depends on your luck whether you get through the customs easily or not. Its better to get it through amazon who upfront collect the customs duty, or try something like gearbest who know how to evade customs, based on some reviews posted in net. Anyway, it all depends on your luck

Once I paid hefty customs for a blueray which was shipped through EMS from UK. It all depends on your luck whether you get through the customs easily or not. Its better to get it through amazon who upfront collect the customs duty, or try something like gearbest who know how to evade customs, based on some reviews posted in net. Anyway, it all depends on your luck

True customs is a hit or miss, but recently all my orders from AliExpress send by normal parcel or ems have not been taxed. But this doesn't mean it's always gonna be the case

Am not dissuading you from buying from other sites.. 50K is product worth before any taxes.. As others have explained, duties can be hit or miss in any case..It should roughly be 40% of the value.. So in this case anywhere till 20K..
Assuming you end up paying 10K as duty, total cost is 60K..

The Indian dealer has agreed for 70K with warranty.. As i said earlier, if 2 (or) 3 ppl finalise, and approach him, you have good chances of getting it for 65K with 1 yr warranty..

So, evaluate options..

Am not dissuading you from buying from other sites.. 50K is product worth before any taxes.. As others have explained, duties can be hit or miss in any case..It should roughly be 40% of the value.. So in this case anywhere till 20K..

The Indian dealer has agreed for 70K with warranty.. As i said earlier, if 2 (or) 3 ppl finalise, and approach him, you have good chances of getting it for 65K with 1 yr warranty..

So, evaluate options..
I think Offlate the import duty has been asked to be very strictly monitored... For all products more than 3500 a flat 41.8 percent duty is applied.. Recently an android box from gearbest was stuck at customs for more than 10 days.. And I had to pay 1500 customs at 41.8 percent.. So expect 20k as tax if the item is not handcarried as a used product..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Ofcourse it does, EMS is the express shipping method for state owned postal services i.e. your package will come through India post.
Thanks Naveen, Recently bought MI box from Aliexpress, I selected the SGPOST mode of shipment. I didn't expect this local postman came and asked 1900rs has custom duty charges and I gave it to him. Actual product price is 4500rs + 1900rs duty charges. Can you explain even SGPOST also coming from local post office how it will differs from EMS and SGPOST?

Can you share your idea, what Gearbest is doing to evade from customs?

So, evaluate options..
Don't know how to reach ppl who are all interested in getting H1?

I think Offlate the import duty has been asked to be very strictly monitored... For all products more than 3500 a flat 41.8 percent duty is applied.. Recently an android box from gearbest was stuck at customs for more than 10 days.. And I had to pay 1500 customs at 41.8 percent.. So expect 20k as tax if the item is not handcarried as a used product..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Same here Dude, paid 1900rs for 4500rs MI box. I have asked seller to declare the value as 20$ and marked as gift however
These local customs guys opened the parcel not box and mentioned the original value as what there in Aliexpress. Don't know how to escape from local customs.

Thanks Naveen, Recently bought MI box from Aliexpress, I selected the SGPOST mode of shipment. I didn't expect this local postman came and asked 1900rs has custom duty charges and I gave it to him. Actual product price is 4500rs + 1900rs duty charges. Can you explain even SGPOST also coming from local post office how it will differs from EMS and SGPOST?

SG post China post turkey post etc are all State owned postal services. EMS is the express service. Well this customs seems very location specific. So if your already being charged customs for such small products your inevitably going to be changed for this too making it a pretty bad idea to buy from Ali Express/gearbest when you can get it locally

Don't know how to reach ppl who are all interested in getting H1?

Open a new thread under "Home Theatre Projectors & Screens" with title as " XGIMI H1(DLP-LED) Projector - Group Buy - Interest check"..

Quote the dealer offered price on the thread and wait for a week/10 days time.. Members who are interested (or) tentative abt purchase will update there..Then you know how many are interested.. If you have more than 3 ppl, then you have very good chances of negotiating a good price with dealer..

Beneficial for all FM..

Open a new thread under "Home Theatre Projectors & Screens" with title as " XGIMI H1(DLP-LED) Projector - Group Buy - Interest check"..

Quote the dealer offered price on the thread and wait for a week/10 days time.. Members who are interested (or) tentative abt purchase will update there..Then you know how many are interested.. If you have more than 3 ppl, then you have very good chances of negotiating a good price with dealer..

Beneficial for all FM..
Ok thanks, Do you have any idea on DHGATE.COM, whether they are safe?
Attached and see the price of H1
4c3aaea325f56e2d0357735a2f0a1d9f.jpg

Back