my setup

I too would love to possess one....

I know the WW2 variety used to be available at 2 outlets at Mayapuri, in Delhi. Spares also were not much of an issue, as that place was known to be a 'jeep' junkyard ... cannibalization of unsuable stuff :D

Don't know whether the place still exists ....

BUT, even if I procure one such antique ...... where do I keep it parked???:mad:

i share vidyarthi's sentiments...how can you treat this beauty with total disdain...it deserves to be with me, taken care off.hehehe..please please share uday bhan's contact no..need to have one right away:D

i share vidyarthi's sentiments...how can you treat this beauty with total disdain...it deserves to be with me, taken care off.hehehe..please please share uday bhan's contact no..need to have one right away:D
I don't think I will ever part with this Fella. When I can afford it, I intend to buy another vehicle purely for off-roading. Will PM you UBS's number later today, he is a gem of a person, please visit him.

I too would love to possess one....

I know the WW2 variety used to be available at 2 outlets at Mayapuri, in Delhi. Spares also were not much of an issue, as that place was known to be a 'jeep' junkyard ... cannibalization of unsuable stuff :D

Don't know whether the place still exists ....

BUT, even if I procure one such antique ...... where do I keep it parked???:mad:
Mayapuri still exists and still supplies both duplicate and original spares to the Jeeping community. Parking is a problem for me too:sad:.

Hi guys, need advice. My LED analog input jacks on the reverse panel are scarce, numbering just one component-video and one VGA input. Due to this everytime to switch from Set top box to DVD the necessary compnent cables need to be removed and plugged in. Also the TV has just one stereo audio jack for audio out. To plug the TV audio to AV reciever or the amp one needs a RCA jack on one end and on another the stereo jack.

Any suggestions on how to over come this hurdle ?:sad:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung 46 LED / Quad 909 amplifier / Quad 99 pre amp / AAD Phil Jones Vi 860 Towers / Creek evolution CD player / Yamaha RX 457 reciever / Space 6.1 home theatre / Sony DVD player / Norstone cables

Attachments

• samsung.jpg
    samsung.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 149
Hi guys, need advice. My LED analog input jacks on the reverse panel are scarce, numbering just one component-video and one VGA input. Due to this everytime to switch from Set top box to DVD the necessary compnent cables need to be removed and plugged in. Also the TV has just one stereo audio jack for audio out. To plug the TV audio to AV reciever or the amp one needs a RCA jack on one end and on another the stereo jack.

Any suggestions on how to over come this hurdle ?:sad:

Hi Mukesh,

Please check this link.
MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac

It may be useful for the component cable problem. It's actually 3-way audio video selector with 3 inputs and one output, but you can use it as component video splitter.

Senior members: Please correct me if this is a wrong suggestion :)

For the audio out problem, I will explore and let you know some useful information.

thanks muthuswami,

I think i have located the solution. will confirm the same. thanks again :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung 46 LED / Quad 909 amplifier / Quad 99 pre amp / AAD Phil Jones Vi 860 Towers / Creek evolution CD player / Yamaha RX 457 reciever / Space 6.1 home theatre / Sony DVD player / Norstone cables

welcome,

great set up, please post some pics.

This is an update on my previous postings on a different thread.

NOW, hopefully, the upgrade bug shan't bother me for some time at least. Firstly, it is damn expensive .... secondly, my wifey is not all that supportive whence procurement of 'gold-cost' equivalent hardware is concerned, though is quite liberal on the music /movie discs .....

So, here goes ......

Attachments

• My HT setup - longshot - old & new.jpg
    My HT setup - longshot - old & new.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 310
  • Wharf Moviestar 70 rear surr speakers.jpg
    Wharf Moviestar 70 rear surr speakers.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
It is inherited stuff ....... belonged to my Dad.

I still remember hearing it play .... way back in 1971 as a 5 year old, and later in 1983 ...... after that, it was packed off and dumped in our new house (after shifting) store room.

Took it out 3 months back, played it, carried out a bit of repairs, changed the stylus ..... and now, getting the same quality output that I had heard way back in 1971.

BTW, this HMV 1962 make TT was an assembled unit in those days too ... from components imported from U.K. The cartridge being 'ceramic' gives of a fair share of hisses from the speaker output. Sounds like phhissssss ... But, that was the idea ..... wanted to hear the LPs the way I heard them @ 40 years back ........ am I getting too sentimental?

It is inherited stuff ....... belonged to my Dad.

am I getting too sentimental?

Hey I envy your system. You have a great deal of attachment and rightly so. If you love the music then thats the right way. IMO DONT EVER think of getting rid of this piece. If you can not make it work then keep it as a showpiece.

@ avidyarthy: Very nice and well maintained set-up, Sir :clapping:. Can you post some more pics please?

Enjoy!!!!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back