Need Help choosing a home theatre

crazytarun

Hello All,

Need advice from all you experts on which home theatre system to buy:

• Room size is 12X18
  • Usage will be mostly TV & movies with occasional music.
  • TV is 32" LCD TV.. will soon be upgrading to a 46" LED TV.
  • Devices to be connected are Airtel HD Recorder and a Western Digital Media Player
  • I am open to buy a boxed system or individual component systems but as my budget is low I think I will have to go for a startup boxed system only.
  • I dont want tallboy speakers as I dont have proper space in room so I prefer something that can be wall mounted.

The way I want to connect my devices is that I will input Airtel and Media player into home theatre reciever and connect that to TV to keep the setup simple without changing a lot of inputs everytime you switch.

I checked a few systems from Samsung, Sony this week but none of them has an HDMI input feature, they only have HDMuI OUT.

Can you suggest me what should I go for which can meet my requirements. Budget is around 20000.

Thanks
Tarun

Thanks kaptan & koushik.

I will check out Yamaha YHT 196 & Onkyo 3400/3500 at some stores this week..

In your opinion which one is better among these 2 and will allow me to upgrade in future.

Read some reviews and comparisons but still cant make out which one is better !

I haven't heard YHT196 but Onkyo S3400 is quite a bang for the buck.

Tarun, you need to understand one thing. If you are looking for slow upgrade in future, Stay far far away from HTiB. You can't upgrade a HTiB with good effect. You have to change the whole set all together.
If upgrade is in your mind, then better go for separates but your budget ... :(

Hello Forum experts,

Thanks for all your inputs. Based on that I have been looking for Onkyo 3400 in Pune but couldn't find it in stock anywhere. Waited for 2-3 weeks and then finally settled for Yamaha 196 from Vijay Sales this weekend.

Didnt waited for company guys to come and do the installation so did it myself.

Can someone help me with what are the best settings to be used and if my connections are right:

Room size is 18ftX12ft.

Connections:
- My Airtel HD Recorder is connected to TV via HDMI and with AVR via an Optical cable
- WD Media player connected to AVR with HDMI
- TV connected to AVR with HDMI

Speakers:
- I have not yet wall mounted the speakers and they are placed under the TV on the TV unit(L,R & Centre).
- Sub is placed on the floor between TV unit and sofas
- Rear Surround speakers placed behind the sofas for now but will have to be wall mounted soon and there is a balcony door behind the sofa and these speakers are just in front of the door.

Based on the manual supplied I have configured the speaker parameters, distance etc but wanted to know if anyone can share the configuration they are using which has been effective.

Thanks in advance..

Tarun

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back