my setup

hi denom,

its a yezdi 250 with a roadking fuel tank. my compliments to you and santosh for making that out:)

Indeed Mukesh.

Denom, Santhol2,

All I could make out was that it was an Yezdi. And here you're discussing about specific models and variants just by looking at the picture! You guys are real auto-heads aren't you?!:clapping:

Santhol,

If my memory serves me right, a 275cc roadking was launched when the end of the Yezdi was but near as a last ditch effort to revive sales ....

Mukesh,
Yes the Tank was the road king giveaway :)

Like the RD350, the Yezdi will forever have a special place in my heart, both bikes when on song were pure sex on 2 wheels.....

Indeed Mukesh.

Denom, Santhol2,

All I could make out was that it was an Yezdi. And here you're discussing about specific models and variants just by looking at the picture! You guys are real auto-heads aren't you?!:clapping:
Automobiles are my first love followed only closely by AV. That too, I love classics. I have mentioned in some other threads too, I have three classics - a 1955 Willys LHD Petrol Jeep, a 1984 Yamaha RD350 and a 1979 Suvega.

In this lifetime, I hope to add a WW II Jeep, VW Microbus, VW Beetle and a Merc w123 Eor a w126 S. BTW, Suri had a 1955 Mercedes Fintail (?).

Santhol,

If my memory serves me right, a 275cc roadking was launched when the end of the Yezdi was but near as a last ditch effort to revive sales ....

Mukesh,
Yes the Tank was the road king giveaway :)

Like the RD350, the Yezdi will forever have a special place in my heart, both bikes when on song were pure sex on 2 wheels.....
275 cc is a possiblity denom, team-bhp has some good knowledge exchanges on these. Here is a pic of the oilking:

27681d1215613718-yezdi-oilking-yezdi-oilking.jpg

Pic Courtesy: Team-bhp

+1 on your thoughts on the RD and the Yezdi\Jawas.

Indeed Mukesh.

Denom, Santhol2,

Yes indeed certified 'Autonut/junkie', My love for anything 'Automotive' supersedes everything else, followed by Metal, Wine & Women:rolleyes:

this is my RIDGE - whom i loved very much - died of osteo-sarcoma in 2007.- i was devastated - but anyway - here he is in of his living moments - a part of me that is gone-

Is osteo sarcoma very common in dogs? Even my dog died due to it(she tolerated 2 surgeries but then became very weak.). After that I didn't try to adopt a dog. I fear I won't be able to tolerate another loss of a loved one.

Yes Mukesh, it is a 1955 LHD Short Chassis Petrol Jeep. My Jeep is mechanically very sound, just needs a detailed restoration more from the bodywork and aesthetics POV, but this is taking forever because of lack of time. BTW, since you are from Kolkata, must mention that there is a great jeeper by name "Uday Bhan Singh" in Howrah who has been very helpful both through his knowledge and sending me parts. He has 50+ (and counting) Jeeps.

82202d1230146031-my-willys-cj3b-dsc05173_resized.jpg

82204d1230146031-my-willys-cj3b-dsc05175_resized.jpg

107471d1236107505-pics-vids-report-savandurga-trail-bangalore-4x4-dsc01914.jpg

131503d1241244255-devarabetta-new-tg-halli-off-roaders-revisited-dsc_0451.jpg

And you have the 'balls' to rummage this beauty on the rocks and dirt!!!!!!!
Heartless brute of a person, you are ......

Yes Mukesh, it is a 1955 LHD Short Chassis Petrol Jeep. My Jeep is mechanically very sound, just needs a detailed restoration more from the bodywork and aesthetics POV, but this is taking forever because of lack of time. BTW, since you are from Kolkata, must mention that there is a great jeeper by name "Uday Bhan Singh" in Howrah who has been very helpful both through his knowledge and sending me parts. He has 50+ (and counting) Jeeps.

COngrats - thats a great hobby Santosh. I wish I could do it but time and rupees don't permit. I have lesser vices though.

You need something like this bad boy tire instead of the poor standards. Also, axles such as this offroading?

Automobiles are my first love followed only closely by AV. That too, I love classics. I have mentioned in some other threads too, I have three classics - a 1955 Willys LHD Petrol Jeep, a 1984 Yamaha RD350 and a 1979 Suvega.

In this lifetime, I hope to add a WW II Jeep, VW Microbus, VW Beetle and a Merc w123 E or a w126 S. BTW, Suri had a 1955 Mercedes Fintail (?).

275 cc is a possiblity denom, team-bhp has some good knowledge exchanges on these. Here is a pic of the oilking:

27681d1215613718-yezdi-oilking-yezdi-oilking.jpg

Pic Courtesy: Team-bhp

+1 on your thoughts on the RD and the Yezdi\Jawas.

Hi Santosh,

That's a lot of cars to be added! All the best and let's sincerely hope you do add them. The VW Microbus is familiar to me thanks to the Scooby Doo show.

And hey, the Yezdi in the picture is exactly what my neighbor had:)

And you have the 'balls' to rummage this beauty on the rocks and dirt!!!!!!!
Heartless brute of a person, you are ......
Hehehe, I do. Thanks for your concern about the Jeep mate. I am careful with the Jeep, but yeah still some things do go wrong like in any other sport.

Remember the old song? "These boots are made for walking, and thats just what they'll do". Same goes with my Jeep mate:).

Thankfully many spares are same as Mahindra, thanks to their using the same 60 year technology until recently. Mahindra also made Petrol Jeeps. Mine is a US Import btw.

COngrats - thats a great hobby Santosh. I wish I could do it but time and rupees don't permit. I have lesser vices though.

You need something like this bad boy tire instead of the poor standards. Also, axles such as this offroading?
Thanks marsilians. On the time and money front, even I am struggling a bit offlate, so not much offroading these days. Those tires and axles you have suggested are very good, however I want to restore it to as original as possible, but still use it for off-roading. The standard tires are very good in 80% of terrain and come into their own, the moment they leave tarmac. But yeah, I have had scary moments on wet rocky surfaces.

Hi Santosh,

That's a lot of cars to be added! All the best and let's sincerely hope you do add them. The VW Microbus is familiar to me thanks to the Scooby Doo show.

And hey, the Yezdi in the picture is exactly what my neighbor had:)
Wow!! You mean the picture is your neighbour's bike:)? I don't know the owner, got the pic from Team-bhp.

Jeeps are yet again one of those close to my heart.... have driven quite a few of them well most of the models... so much so that even spent 8 months as an apprentice at a well known Mahindra Dealers Workshop in Mumbai....

Santhosh, does your willy's have the original 'L' head engine with side valves & the 3 speed gearbox??
Also the front fenders do not look original, am i right???

Santhosh, does your willy's have the original 'L' head engine with side valves & the 3 speed gearbox??
Also the front fenders do not look original, am i right???
Mine is the Willys CJ3B (has a higher Bonnet/hood to accomodate the newer taller engine) and has the original 'F' head Hurricane Engine with the 3 speed gearbox. The earlier models WWII, CJ2A and CJ3A all got the 'L' Head Go-Devil side valve Engine.

Good on you denom, you know your jeeps. Yes, the fenders are from a newer Mahindra, they will be changed hopefully soon (easily available).

Sorry for keeping this OT..but I have to chime in here..

man.i love Jeeps..would love to get a Willys jeep somewhere down the road. MY first ever car purchase in the US was naturally ..a Jeep :eek:hyeah:

I am regretting ever selling it. A true one of a kind Jeep Grand Cherokee..the now famous in-line six cylinder 4.0L engine with a manual transmission. The main Jeep service center guy said it was the only one he had seen in the Portland area in his 10 years of operation with a manual transmission :cool:

Anyways, my first love.

Attachments

• jeep1.jpg
    jeep1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 141
  • jeep2.jpg
    jeep2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 143
There is just something magical about Jeeps in general that you somehow forge a strong bond with them, it cannot be explained in words, brings tears of joy to one is how I feel about them.... Thats why Jeep Jamborees are so popular wherever they are held....

i share vidyarthi's sentiments...how can you treat this beauty with total disdain...it deserves to be with me, taken care off.hehehe..please please share uday bhan's contact no..need to have one right away:D

hi kksunil-

here they are - the one in the middle is appu.

thethreeidiots014.jpg

By witchesofsound at 2010-05-12

Hi Suri and other dog lovers here:

Please watch the interesting series "My Best Friend Lassie" in Chutti TV (Sun Network) at 9:00 PM. You will love the series definitely. The programme is telecasted in the morning slot also; will let you know the timings.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back