My TCL UHD P8 55" TV issues

Just complain and let the technician visit and asses the TV. Let him know about the flickering even though it is not noticeable now. Make out a case which might be helpful later. He would give you a service log sheet and make sure that the flickering problem is mentioned in the log sheet. In the event the panel fails these things might be helpful in replacing the panel even after the warranty period or atleast you can get a good discount on the panel if it is not replaced free. Otherwise all-together you can exchange the TV during Diwali sales with front-line Tv's like Sony, Samsung, LG...

i have lodged an online complaint via tcl website. I mentioned in the compliant That I was seeing horizontal lines in the top half of the tv display.

i have a feeling this is going to be a long drawn out process.

anyone know if they charge you for repairs/part replacement if tv is under warranty?

This is why people need to buy extended warranty, I got a 55 inch iffalcon tv for my brother six months back and bought extended warranty for rs 2300. (1+2 yrs)

The jeeves guy who came during installation gave better price than Flipkart for the same warranty, so I went with that.

Jeeves either replaces the panel or if tv is old and there are no parts they refund after deducting depreciation depending on number of years used.

This is why people need to buy extended warranty, I got a 55 inch iffalcon tv for my brother six months back and bought extended warranty for rs 2300. (1+2 yrs)

The jeeves guy who came during installation gave better price than Flipkart for the same warranty, so I went with that.

Jeeves either replaces the panel or if tv is old and there are no parts they refund after deducting depreciation depending on number of years used.

AFAIK the TCL p8 tv comes with 18 months warranty.

Does this mean they will repair/replace for free or do they charge?

AFAIK the TCL p8 tv comes with 18 months warranty.

Does this mean they will repair/replace for free or do they charge?

If any TV of any brand is under warranty, you get free service, no charges. It is after the warranty gets over that people get in trouble, that is why 3 yrs extended warranty is a must for peace of mind.

If any TV of any brand is under warranty, you get free service, no charges. It is after the warranty gets over that people get in trouble, that is why 3 yrs extended warranty is a must for peace of mind.
from my personal experience once an electronic item is opened for repair, the resulting scenario is never optimum.

i have a feeling even if they repair the tv, this display problem will happen again and since then my tv would be out of warranty I will be truly f#cked.

from my personal experience once an electronic item is opened for repair, the resulting scenario is never optimum.

i have a feeling even if they repair the tv, this display problem will happen again and since then my tv would be out of warranty I will be truly f#cked.

That is not my experience, my repaired electronic items have lasted years. Electronic items getting defects is not a big deal, it is just that people are left with huge bills after warranty and all this talk about big and small brands is also hogwash. I have seen my friends with 1.5 Lakhs Sony TV cry after 1.5 yrs as their TV conked off after 1 yr warranty got over.

That is not my experience, my repaired electronic items have lasted years. Electronic items getting defects is not a big deal, it is just that people are left with huge bills after warranty and all this talk about big and small brands is also hogwash. I have seen my friends with 1.5 Lakhs Sony TV cry after 1.5 yrs as their TV conked off after 1 yr warranty got over.
Big brands even during warranty period will change the product if parts are not available but for brands like TCL, VU.. it is always a hit and miss. Since availability of parts is a major problem for these brands they most of the time will not provide any proper response if they do not have the replaceable parts even during warranty period and their standard response will be waiting for parts and the company will be clueless on when they will get the parts and even worse now with problems with China. Defective product after warranty period is another matter but when products are not replaced even during warranty period is altogether not acceptable.

Big brands even during warranty period will change the product if parts are not available but for brands like TCL, VU.. it is always a hit and miss. Since availability of parts is a major problem for these brands they most of the time will not provide any proper response if they do not have the replaceable parts even during warranty period and their standard response will be waiting for parts and the company will be clueless on when they will get the parts and even worse now with problems with China. Defective product after warranty period is another matter but when products are not replaced even during warranty period is altogether not acceptable.

TCL have said they will replace the panel in 10 days but i am apprehensive because of China tensions, the replacement panel might not be in supply.

i hope the panel is replaced in 10 days but I would advise people not to buy Chinese tv in future as relations between India and China will only get worse in the future.

if I were buying a new tv today, I would avoid Chinese products due to this uncertainty.

TCL have said they will replace the panel in 10 days but i am apprehensive because of China tensions, the replacement panel might not be in supply.

i hope the panel is replaced in 10 days but I would advise people not to buy Chinese tv in future as relations between India and China will only get worse in the future.

if I were buying a new tv today, I would avoid Chinese products due to this uncertainty.
That is really good to hear. Keep pestering them otherwise they will take their own time to replace. Also when they replace the panel check for dead spots/pixels. Do not accept even if there is one dead pixel.

That is really good to hear. Keep pestering them otherwise they will take their own time to replace. Also when they replace the panel check for dead spots/pixels. Do not accept even if there is one dead pixel.

can you recommend a tool to check for dead pixels? A YouTube video?

can you recommend a tool to check for dead pixels? A YouTube video?

Do keep in mind, chini products in India are always inferior in quality compared to those in US or Europe. AFAIK TCL is widely popular in the states with their P and R series TVs.

Do keep in mind, chini products in India are always inferior in quality compared to those in US or Europe. AFAIK TCL is widely popular in the states with their P and R series TVs.

sorry if i sound stupid, how does the youtube video work? Should I look for black spots on my tv?

the panel had to be replaced twice as the first one was faulty.

for now my display is back to normal.

it took around 20 days for my problem to be fixed.

hopefully this panel will survive for a few years.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back