My TCL UHD P8 55" TV issues

@Neeraj0272 and @Colors6 any help regarding playing 4k content on Prime videos? my app version is also the same as yours but cant play 4k also is there a setting/option menu like youtube to change content playback setting like 480p/720p/1080p

@Neeraj0272 and @Colors6 any help regarding playing 4k content on Prime videos? my app version is also the same as yours but cant play 4k also is there a setting/option menu like youtube to change content playback setting like 480p/720p/1080p
There is no such option. It will Choose quality automatically according to ur internet speed like Netflix

I could never trust these new brands. They at least need a few years to prove their reliability. In the meantime, it's better to save money and go with some reputed brand.

@Neeraj0272 and @Colors6 Any major issues u are facing on new update. What are pros and cons compared to old version
the tv has become a little slower.

the pro is the audio issue that I was having with some videos on plex has been resolved.

i will probably end up buying a media streamer like Apple TV or fire tv When they release their next hardware upgrade to get around the sluggishness as it has started to bother me a bit.

I was googling about hdr10 and it seems to be a consensus that 600 nitts is the minimum required for a decent HDR experience.

tcl P8 only seems to provide 270nitts. Does this mean hdr10 content won’t mean much on this tv? @Neeraj0272 @iffalcontclcn

I have come to the conclusion that if you want a slick experience, one has to get a stand-alone Dedicated streaming box.

Pardon me if I sound stupid. I have seen some post in this forum wherein user has stated that software update has ruined the HDR performance. Now, would having a Fire stick/any other dedicated streaming device would help in such cases?

Which device perform the processing for HDR - streaming device or TV?

Pardon me if I sound stupid. I have seen some post in this forum wherein user has stated that software update has ruined the HDR performance. Now, would having a Fire stick/any other dedicated streaming device would help in such cases?

Which device perform the processing for HDR - streaming device or TV?
HDR performance won't improve irrespective of media player used as HDR performance is dependent on tv display hardware.

One should get a seperate media streamer for better software and cpu hardware performance.

A media player can't improve the tv display hardware limitations

Is the Netflix 4k ₹799 plan recommended for 55" tv screen?
If your TV is 4K capable and your viewing interests have such content, you may explore this
Also with this plan you allows up to 4 screens
Cheers,
Raghu

If your TV is 4K capable and your viewing interests have such content, you may explore this
Also with this plan you allows up to 4 screens
Cheers,
Raghu
Only 1 person will use the account on TCL 55p8 4k tv.

I read somewhere that to notice difference between 4k and full HD on on a 55" tv screen, the viewing distance must be below 5 feet? Is that true?

My viewing distance is around 7 feet.

Only 1 person will use the account on TCL 55p8 4k tv.

I read somewhere that to notice difference between 4k and full HD on on a 55" tv screen, the viewing distance must be below 5 feet? Is that true?

My viewing distance is around 7 feet.
The impact of 4K (coupled with Dolby vision or HDR) is easily noticed vis-a-vis 2K.
If your TV is OLED in a dark room, even better, and quite enjoyable.
You may seek TCL 55P8 4K owners opinion, as I am not aware of this model.

Cheers,
Raghu

The impact of 4K (coupled with Dolby vision or HDR) is easily noticed vis-a-vis 2K.
If your TV is OLED in a dark room, even better, and quite enjoyable.
You may seek TCL 55P8 4K owners opinion, as I am not aware of this model.

Cheers,
Raghu
So, 4k would be noticeable on a 55" tv at a distance of 7-8 feet?

The latest system update has made the tv really slow.

offtopic, 4K content on a 55” TV is not noticeably better than full HD.

save on your money and don’t subscribe to 4K Netflix. Full HD plan is enough. I am going to revert my 4K plan to full HD as I do t see any benefits of 4K plan.

after using the 4K tv for almost a year, I have come to the conclusion that to enjoy 4K one must at least have a 65” tv size.

My screen has started to flicker.

I'm afraid my display is about to go for a toss less than a year after purchase.

Who do I contact about this?

My screen has started to flicker.

I'm afraid my display is about to go for a toss less than a year after purchase.

Who do I contact about this?
TCL will say they do not have the panel or MB in stock and the wait will be indefinite. If it is still under warranty ask them to replace the TV to a new model if they say that the parts are not available. Their service really sucks and don't know how good it is at your place. I've had a very bad experience with TCL service and went to the extent of serving legal notice to get them to act.

TCL will say they do not have the panel or MB in stock and the wait will be indefinite. If it is still under warranty ask them to replace the TV to a new model if they say that the parts are not available. Their service really sucks and don't know how good it is at your place. I've had a very bad experience with TCL service and went to the extent of serving legal notice to get them to act.

the problem with the flickering is it’s not very noticeable right now. But, I’m pretty sure it’s going to get worse slowly but surely.

if I complain right now, i wonder if Tcl will take it seriously or not.

by the time the flickering starts getting very noticeable, I’m afraid my warranty might expire.

This is what one gets for buying a Chinese TV set.

i hope my experience is a cautionary tale for other people. Invest more money on a good brand like Samsung, Sony...

Just complain and let the technician visit and asses the TV. Let him know about the flickering even though it is not noticeable now. Make out a case which might be helpful later. He would give you a service log sheet and make sure that the flickering problem is mentioned in the log sheet. In the event the panel fails these things might be helpful in replacing the panel even after the warranty period or atleast you can get a good discount on the panel if it is not replaced free. Otherwise all-together you can exchange the TV during Diwali sales with front-line Tv's like Sony, Samsung, LG...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back