MYINE IRA Internet Radio - Review - How 88 USD Can Change your Life

The review is incedibly good. But I wonder, if we have low bandwidth net connection, how can we select 22kbps, 32kbps or 48kbps streams. Similar gadgets should be available in India. Its a longtime now since I tuned in Worldspace. Will Sirius or XM radio ever come to India? As we get low performance cars while paying the same international price, we should expect internet radiostill 2015 in India. India is always backward in audio broadcasts.

Overall good feedback of the product. Guide us if we can get it here.

Wish you a happy weekend

hey server, these are the same channels avaiable on your computer

@srini - you underestimate the power of a purpose-built device! a device like this

(a) makes the use of, and access to radio much easier than with an HTPC or x-treamer, i don't want to switch on my comp and wait for it to boot or switch on my TV, and flip through several options to finally get around to listening to the radio. i want to press a button and for music to flow. That's what this does. Trust me this is important (at least to me). You'll end up listening to it much more. And also I understand that the x-treamer and such things sound quite poor, this thing actually sounds decent.

(b) by its very existence in your room as a dedicated internet radio player, demands to be played :) if you have an xtreamer or HTPC you won't feel the same urge to fire it up and find that jazz station broadcasting from Oslo. Again, this is a far more powerful force than you would imagine.

Of course, I come from a "don't want to get my hands grubby" school of though, I want push-button simplicity, which is why I still use a CD player (pop disc and press play simplicity) and not a computer based transport, and I still buy CDs. So this is a device that works especially well for people like that.
Totally agree with you. I love music and thata all that counts.I have heard samples of these stations on the PC AND THEY ARE FANTASTIC. Only 2 questions to you (1) I presume I can hook this up to my stereo system. Thats the whole object of the exercise.(2)What kind of power source does it use ? Thanks and cheers

@dr. faramroze - there are various stations at various bitrates available. But I find that even with my 512 kbps connection, all stations play happily. This is not available in India as far as I know, which is why I had a friend bring it down from the US.

@Sanjay (1) yes you can, using the stereo RCA cable supplied and (2), it has an AC adapter that plugs into your wall socket.

@dr. faramroze - there are various stations at various bitrates available. But I find that even with my 512 kbps connection, all stations play happily. This is not available in India as far as I know, which is why I had a friend bring it down from the US.

@Sanjay (1) yes you can, using the stereo RCA cable supplied and (2), it has an AC adapter that plugs into your wall socket.

Dear Psychotropic,
Thanks for the info. After reading your posting, I am also changing my BSNL broadband to unlimited plan and trying to get the radio from US.

If anyone is ordering the radio, and can order 2 let me know as i am also interested in buying one for my home.

Thanks a lot. Now the good old brother - in - law will be pressed into service and they will bring it down when they come end October. Can't wait to start listening.By the way,does it recieve more or less the same internet stations as the I Tunes Internet Radio ?

Thanks a lot. Now the good old brother - in - law will be pressed into service and they will bring it down when they come end October. Can't wait to start listening.By the way,does it recieve more or less the same internet stations as the I Tunes Internet Radio ?

Got the Internet Radio a couple of days ago and ----- ITS AWESOME !! I strongly recommend to everyone of you to get it as soon as possible.It makes all other music sources almost redundant.The choice of stations is simply mind blowing ( no pun intended,psychotropic !!! ) and the SQ is much better than Worldspace,hitched up to an amp,equaliser and speakers.

Psycho ....... you have set my pulse racing again ! Damn you .....

Now, show me a way out. This is the drawing (living) room outlay. Currently have a DVD player feeding RCA to the Topping. AND the Topping can be fed from only ONE source. So, whats the way out?

Could I feed the DVD 'out' and the internet radio 'out' to a contraption which acts as a 'selector' ....... manually operated, of course, which finally feeds to the Topping through the single connector? If available ..... obviously, should be, what is it known as? I mean, what I need to ask a retailer to provide me with?

And, how much should a WiFi thing cost and who do I need to approach?

:licklips: ......... hoping to part with @ $100 from my bank shortly.

hehe yes, this is a problem that I encounter as well. I am sure there must be some sort of switch available that can do the trick, but it should be a well constructed, high quality switch. What I do is unplug and re-connect. The price one has to pay to use a 4000 rupee amplifier :)

hmmm, then let me first talk to my audio-repairer-electrician.

In case he does not know of such a contraption, then let him rig up one for me. Have to give him a basic drawing for it. No point of creating another set-up for internet radio.

Had Worldspace, when it was available for free. Still have the TOSHIBA set .... virtually spotless still.

Psycho,

After reading your posting, I got the Myine internet radio thru a friend in USA. I tried connecting it but I am getting the error message : "Network Error, Select to Retry". I viewed the settings and following is the settings report:

VIEW SETTINGS: WLAN Active
MAC ADDRESS: 00:0B:6C:B4:CF:CE
WLAN REGION: USA
DHCP : Enable
SSID : belkin54g
IP ADDRESS : 192.168.1.4
SUBNET MASK: 255.255.255.0
GATEWAY ADDRESS: 192.168.1.1
PRIMARY DNS : 192.168.1.1
SECONDARY DNS : 0.0.0.0

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Psycho,

After reading your posting, I got the Myine internet radio thru a friend in USA. I tried connecting it but I am getting the error message : "Network Error, Select to Retry". I viewed the settings and following is the settings report:

VIEW SETTINGS: WLAN Active
MAC ADDRESS: 00:0B:6C:B4:CF:CE
WLAN REGION: USA
DHCP : Enable
SSID : belkin54g
IP ADDRESS : 192.168.1.4
SUBNET MASK: 255.255.255.0
GATEWAY ADDRESS: 192.168.1.1
PRIMARY DNS : 192.168.1.1
SECONDARY DNS : 0.0.0.0

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

could you check the DNS ? should be some other IP (I may be wrong)

could you check the DNS ? should be some other IP (I may be wrong)

maniac_2004,

I also suspected the DNS address as I had never seen a DNS address as 192.168.1.1. But this is what the radio picked up from my wireless router. Can you please tell me how to change the DNS address?

Thanks

maniac_2004,

I also suspected the DNS address as I had never seen a DNS address as 192.168.1.1. But this is what the radio picked up from my wireless router. Can you please tell me how to change the DNS address?

Thanks

See if you can edit the values (they should be editable) ... psycho might be able to help here ? Btw is this the DNS that you use in your computer ? or you can use open dns - (eg 208.67.222.222)

Last edited:
psychotropic,
Currently i am using aitrel wifi broadband, what airtel says as per FUP (fair usaga policy), all broadband lines will step down to 256kbps, so my query is will the internet radio Myine work in 256kbps ?

Hey reddy and maniac, i don't know any of this stuff unfortunately. Mine just worked out of the box.

@kvandhi, It works well with a 512 kbps connection, i am not sure how well it would work with a 256 kbps connection.

@kvandhi said:
Well by the way what is your broadband connection ,as you mentioned it as 512KBPS unlimited, even i do have same with airtel, but when i reach FUP,then it will be downed to 256kbps.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back