• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Nak decks on Olx

Audiolab 6000A Amplifier

kbhuvi

Hello members

Saw this ad on olx

The seller is from Kolkata. Anyone has idea about the decks he is selling whether the decks are refurnished or simply serviced.
I tried to contact him but he just reads the messages on olx but does not respond. I am not interested in buying but want to know if he services Nak decks. Any Kolkata FMs who know this seller or know about this seller?

Regards

skroderider

I don't know the seller, but if somebody does not respond within a reasonable amount of time, a remote transaction is very risky.

I would avoid anything high-priced on OLX unless the seller is in the same city. It's been my experience that it's safer to buy from individual sellers who are selling personal equipment or goods on OLX, rather than from dealers. This person looks like a dealer (his ad says he has 25 decks for sale!).

rajivaryan1984

does anybody know where i can pick up a NAK3 and which modes should i look for in a decent budget within 30K or something.

reubensm

Dears, thought I must share a personal experience with all, just with the intention of providing food for thought.

Recently the reel motor gear on my Nak DR3 gave way (it just broke). Here is the pic of the broken gear:

Nak DR3 - Broken Gear Photo-1.jpg

Now, this is a common issue with many of the more recent Naks (the ones that don't use idler tyres) and most decks of other manufactures as well which use the same reel motor gear-based-drive philosophy.

I was able to source a local (perhaps Chinese) gear of similar type for Rs.2/- but this looked so low on quality that i did not even want to risk putting it in my Nak deck for a trial. With the help of one of my FM friends, I got to a source for original NAK spares, in the US. They did have the OEM brand-new replacement gear but here's the quote which I received:

$37.70 + $15 for shipping to a local US postal address
$37.70 + $55 for shipping to our India address

Though my wife was stunned when I told her about this, I wasn't really. I also recalled our recent visit to a BMW showroom to check out the all new X3. The price tag was 76L but in addition to this we were asked to sign up for a 2L/year maintenance contract (parts extra, except break shoes) if the car had to be serviced :)

Moral of the story, keep an eye on the cost of spares when buying high end stuff, especially if the item has had a longish run, You'll need spares at some point. And yes, if you did not guess, NAK OEM spares are very expensive.

Finally for the record, I opted for option-1 and the gear was shipped to a US address. My Nak is now back in working condition and as 'good as new'.