Nakamichi cassette Deck 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow you must be kidding...Belts are the absolute bear minimum stuff that is needed to get the deck going....You can't put a jugaad in there...I assume that you got the reel to reel from the same person..
This is certainly a new low

That's a different guy. I have preserved it..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I have got Five items from the same fellow, Rahul(Nakamichi) from Mysore. 3 to 4 years back at different times.

Pioneer Silver plate series SA8500 Amp
Pioneer Silver plate series SG9800 Graphic Equalizer.
Nakamachi Cassette Deck2
Pioneer Twin tray CD Player.
Akia Graphic Equalizer(it is working fine but not using it now as I have paired the Cassette deck with Pioneer silver line setup.)

Other things I have procured from other FMs.:
CDP Yamaha CDX 396 from FM Shaffic, to pair with Yamaha AMP (AX 396)
Lenco L75 from FM Shaffic(I have sold Lenco L75 it to another FM due to financial crunch)
Philips Belt drive TT from senior FM kuruvilajacob

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

1c.jpg

1d.jpg

I am always thankful to FM Shaffic and Kuruvilla sir and other FMs here for their friendly and valuable support at all times.

For my luck all the above running fine till today without any problem. With regard to Rahul, I have picked 2 items from his home in Mysore(Pioneer SA8500, Nakamichi Cassette deck 2) after due audition, and 2 items through post, and one item Pioneer GE he delivered at my home in Bangalore.

Especially, the pioneer SA8500 AMP is an wonderful piece of music and there is no words to describe its beauty and performance till today. I have also requested Mr. Rahul to get me suitable Pioneer silver plate Cassette Deck and Tuner so as to complete the Pioneer silver line series. Still no luck to have it.

I expect Mr. Rahul should seriously look into the problems being faced by other FMs here and try to do his best to solve(I don't know whether he is able to post here or not).

I too have purchased FM tuner from Rahul a.k.a Nakamichi in this forum. He is a genuine guy and takes utmost care of the equipment and only if he is confident he puts them out for sale. For that matter, he doesn't source anything substandard.

I have had good experience purchasing, infact he is not a regular seller that makes enormous money out of these sells , does this out of passion, takes good care of the device that he sells.

He has been mostly reachable when I wanted to contact and I will be the last person to believe that he has given something substandard.

Hence, Pls don't make judgement just because one thing didn't work and request members too to not jump to any opinion right away , I have been off for a while from this forum due to personal reasons - no posting , etc for quite sometime from me, however been watching this forum time to time.

At the same time, I do request Rahul to clarify like this gentleman did.

Yes may be few year back the quality was good and probably it has deteriorated over the years..
I contacted some of my audiophile friends on this regard...they to seems to have a bad opinion on this seller....

One of my friends from Goa said that this person sold him a 680ZX claimed to be in perfectly working condition...But upon opening up the unit the, auto azimuth assembly was completely missing...This is ridiculous...

Also if you look at some on the recent posting on olx you can clearly see the jugaad on the front panel of Nakamichi 500 from the same seller which he claims to be in mint condition....

https://www.olx.in/item/nakamichi-500-ultra-rare-vintage-tape-deck-ID13kTId.html#f2d102fcbf

It's good to hear positive feedbacks & even I got same before I purchased. He got in touch with me today morning & I have put down my concerns and request for a replacement as I am not confident about this piece.

Let me see how it goes.

Just checked online for the belt and capston motor, with that price I can buy couple more decks here

Good the hear the positive developments...if it weren't for all this fuzz the seller wouldn't have moved an inch...when you get your replacement ensure that you get a good unit..ask the seller for pictures on the deck with top opened, a close up of the head assembly...

Please keep us posted on the outcome

Last edited:
I have bought Nakamichi Tape Deck BX 125 and Yamaha Tuner TX 492 from Rahul (Nakamichi). Both the items were found in condition as told by him and are working absolutely fine. I think we should take care before commenting on one's credibility, thats all I can say.

Last edited:
Thanks maheeprasad and ameteur.
Dear tape head u r right i had sold 680 to mr.nashvin gomes in goa... the unit got damaged in the transit.. i took the deck back and refunded the amount, guess mr.nashvin did not tell u about it... please re check before posting.
And in mr.justins case the belts would have been sent long back, thr is no avilibility as of now so got delayed... you will see a number of fms who will post thr feedback for the after sales service wot i provide.

If u buy a used car from pre owned car dealer or an individual.. he cannot keep on supplying you tyres all his life right...

A lot of times even i get equipments which are broken n thy work at all... i donot like to post thr names n my experiences...

Last edited:
OK..I completely agree with your point on after sales support...It is simply not feasible for a used electronics dealer to provide spares / support for a extended period of time...
But at least before selling a deck , I would have expected you to replace the belts with newer ones. The new belts if installed couldn't have gone bad within a span of 6 months...As I said before belt are the bear minimum stuff that is needed to get a deck running...if you had sold it as a as is where is condition then that's a different story...

Dear tape deck... this belts were new in deck 2...
I cannot do r n d n then install the belts... first of all getting belts is too difficuit.. i some how manage to get the belts... not only that i also do a basic servicing like spraying deoxit in the control motor if its a sankyo mechanism... n few other things demagnatising the head and cleaning the pinch roller with the little knowledge that i hve.. iam not an expert like other few respected fm members...

Not only that i also send a video by writing that particular date on a piece of paper and i make sure o operate all the functions...

I hv all the videos saved with me...

EBay is full of belts for nakamichi...I know some of the expensive factory belts from ESL or MARS will not fit the bill...but you will be able to get a decent EVG quality belt from eBay for under 10 USD...As I said before, a new rubber belt is never going to detoriate with in a span of 6 months

Plus if you feel you are not compentent enough to service a nak deck then you could have atleast hired a tech to do the preventive maintenance... That extra cost is a premium on the total cost that the buyer is going to bear but that is good money...it will ensure that are no reoccurring failures like these...and will also uphold your name

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice sir... i cannot afford to buy belts from mars communications. As said by mr.justin one can buy couple of more decks at that price.. and yes i would be glad if u find a autorised nak twchbician for me... as iam unable to....please do me this favour...

Every one cannot buy rolls royce... most of them have to be happy with maruti... and ine should have the passion and patience to use these analog equipments... or else shouls be happy with digital media with are static and have no moveable parts and thy dont tend to wearout as early as tape decks vinyls and reel to reel...

You buy a brand new equipment from the showroom and cannot expect them to give u unlimited warrenty. Every thing has a life span.... one the user should also purlt efforts to fnd a technician...if the unforseen has happend....

Guy there may be N number of positive and negative comments which is not going to solve my problem so lets stick to how to resolve it.

@nakamichi - As the car was supposed to be delivered with a spare Tyre which I am asking for..

Hope you stick to what we discussed today morning. TX

At some point I can agree with Nakamichi.

I have got few more vintage stuffs including 2 Akai R to R beauties. Much of these working fine when I bought and I personally know those people and their efforts bringing up those equipment to the level of singing. Yes after few months, I came across some or the other problems with these gears, and I could able to get back to life for the few and for some other, still I am searching for the technicians.

The hobby of going with vintage equipment is not so easy. We need take ahead the journey where the earlier user has left it. He might have changed part A and B and it was working when he had given to me. But, after few months, the parts C and D will go off. So, it is my turn to get it replaced.

It is not strange that, even the latest brand new equipment will also fail some time and the OEM technicians also find difficult to fix it back. We have read many stories in this forum about the members complaining about the brand New Denon/Marantz equipment and their struggle to get the problems fixed during the warrantee time. In such a situation, the music lovers who go with the vintage equipment, should aware and problems they are going to face, due it its age factor, all its parts are tend to loose there efficiency one after the other. Just like a human being at the fog end of his life. How many surgeries he can sustain? But, still getting him back to normal is one of the happiest things.

I am not supporting here anybody but putting some facts which I came across.

Dear justin sir... i agree i should gv u a spare tyre... but the size matters... i cannot give u a tyre of nano for a innove which will be of no use... n its a used car and not a brand new one...

I an unable to get the exact size of the belt and of the good quality... iam hunting fr it since few months as i too need it... i dont want to argue for the sake of argueing justin sir... v r friends and i would love continue a healthy relation with you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back