Nakamichi cassette Deck 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear justin sir... i agree i should gv u a spare tyre... but the size matters... i cannot give u a tyre of nano for a innove which will be of no use... n its a used car and not a brand new one...

I an unable to get the exact size of the belt and of the good quality... iam hunting fr it since few months as i too need it... i dont want to argue for the sake of argueing justin sir... v r friends and i would love continue a healthy relation with you..
Hey Rahul even I do think in same line and let's move on, also as discussed please send me the belt which you have handy so that the deck will be running and I can be assured its not a motor issue.

Do sent me the authentic belt once you get it but if its gonna take longer time let's replace the deck with a better one.

I do understand nobody will replace a alto with I20 without agreeing on Monterey difference.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Sure dear justin sir... i will send u the belt.... no doubt... of a v good quality... not an inferior one... and also i will try n give u a reference of a technician in ur city who can solve the issue by installing the belt.. dat is it.. iam working on it n it will be done...

Tx, please send it and I will be able to replace the belt myself.

Just adding my two cents to this discussion..as far as my purchase from the gentleman from Mysore is concerned, I have had no issues whatsoever! I bought a nakamichi 582Z from him in January. I was promised tape deck belts as part of the deal. I received the tape deck and tape deck belts separately (a few days later)...The deck rocks. Of course I dont use the deck everyday but for my weekend listening, it beats everything else hands down..I would recommend him without hesitation to anybody who wants to buy a nakamichi deck

Was reading all the posts here and glad to see that Rahul Chawla has finally surfaced :)

Rahul tell me something,you are selling a NAK,winning over people by your sweet communication and then sending a Dragon without the UDAR Technology not functioning! Now how good is that? U r requesting help for a good Technician here from fellow FMs and don't u know that Umesh Chandran who should rank amongst one of the best Technician in the country just stays close by in Chennai? Please don't give us that.

My only suggestion to all of you here is when it comes to NAK,please please please check how the Recording is functioning.There lies all the trick as most of these NAKs available in India are faulty when it comes to Recording.The azimuth doesnt work properly,there is problem in alignment and bla bla.

Also I would request all of u,if u don't have Technical knowledge do not fiddle with your Nak.Its an exremely sensitive instrument with 100% precision.Even it comes to replace of a belt try to get it done by a Technician.Get in touch with Umesh @ 903021060.He is a passionate knowledgable Technician and certified by who other than Willy Hermann himself the GURU of NAK Technicians.

Thank you selvin sir i will get belts from the website u suggested...
Thank you mvpranesh sir... for the feed back...
Dear deck help dragon does not have udar... udar is uni directional auto reverse... only 3 naks have udar and those are rx202 rx303 and rx505....

Nak dragon has naac... plz check dear deck help....

Thank you....deck help i will get in touch with mr.umesh...

U r requesting help for a good Technician here from fellow FMs and don't u know that Umesh Chandran who should rank amongst one of the best Technician in the country just stays close by in Chennai? Please don't give us that.

Exactly, apparently Mr Umesh is already part of this forum and has been very helpful to our FMs...I was going through some older thread.. It is very evident that that the seller knows Mr Umesh and infact in the past has sold him a Nak...look at the following thread

http://www.hifivision.com/cassette-tape-decks/52604-nakamichi-582z.html

As for the alignment and repair goes, one cannot simply tweak the alignment with out the proper jigs...Nakamichis have quite a few alignment steps ( tape path alignment which include tape guide and head height, head stroke, back tension, azimuth to name a few) which needs to be sequentially done to complete the process in addition to transport overhual...Without the information terminals M 300 gauge or a bunch of alignment tapes one cannot accomplish this task...Test tapes are required for calibration...

It is best to leave this process to an expert rather than working on it on a trial and error basis...As I said before, this will only result making any further repairs difficult.

Dear deck help dragon does not have udar... udar is uni directional auto reverse... only 3 naks have udar and those are rx202 rx303 and rx505....

Nak dragon has naac... plz check dear deck help....

Yes it is NAAC...but as a customer one does not give a damn about these politically correct jargon if the machine does not work as it should period..
One cannot claim a Nakamichi dragon to be in working condition if the NAAC does not work..
NAAC is the most integral and imperative function of a Dragon without which it can no longer be called a Dragon... Dragon sans NAAC in working condition is a oxymoron..

:eek:hyeah:One person and 2 ids on the forum tape head and deck halp... dats nice....two differrnt locations mangalore and delhi.... dats smart

Please do not talk rubbish without substantiating fact....

May be for you it is a common practice...Rohitt before not sure who else now...

Last edited:
I am not Mr deck help...I am sure that the mods can verify...
But as for you, you are not able to give a proper answers on pertinent questions asked and you are using diversionary tactics...this shows your resolve or the lack of it...
Glad that you have been exposed..I am sure the members will more cautious from now on

Last edited:
Appreciate all the comments and its not possible for me to sent the deck via courier to any outstations has it will be costing me very high sum.
Once I will receive the Belts from nakamichi(Rahul) I will try to do it myself as I have already replaced for my old Sony etc decks, If I am not able to do it I will carry to a local technician who can help me with it.

Relax dear deck help... 2 diffrnt ip address does not mean v cant getvto know things. Take a chill pill...help ur self deck help...

I think its time you grow up....all this loose talk without a shred of evidence
Oh btw, You haven't answered a single question....

Last edited:
Many times the seconds buying experience may not sweet as we expect. It is always better to inspect before buying. Sometime even we conclude wrongly. Just I would like to share one of my experience.

I bought my DR-10 from Olx. Just I met the person (a very good gentleman) and he told me that he used the Deck in abroad. The deck looks like just opened from out of box. I bought the deck even without checking any function. Back to my house and powered up and found the deck working perfectly.

The problem started from 3rd day and the deck starts slowing while play. The first strike in my brain was 'I was cheated'. Since I have little knowledge on Service part of decks, immediately opened the deck. The surprise was the belt elongated almost two times of its size and sticky surface. I realized the background that the deck was not used for a long while and the rubber (belt) lost its property and elongated once starts using. I felt myself guilty for the initial thought on the seller.

So let us try to understand the facts before concluding. Any seller will not spent Rs.3000 - 5000 for complete Restoring and Calibration on a deck which worth for 5000 or little more.

My advice..

For Buyer : Inspect carefully before buying and be aware most of the gears required a minor initial service like replacement of belts, lubrication etc.

Fro seller : Please don't hide any defects which known.

Last edited:
@ Jmascreen

If the problem is associated with belt, it will not disappear. Even you Stop and Play the crawling will continue. If the deck is playing normal after a STOP for a span of time mostly the problem associated with motor not with belt. In such the Capstan motor (12V CCW) needs replacement.

@ Jmascreen

If the problem is associated with belt, it will not disappear. Even you Stop and Play the crawling will continue. If the deck is playing normal after a STOP for a span of time mostly the problem associated with motor not with belt. In such the Capstan motor (12V CCW) needs replacement.
Any pointers locally to buy it?

Dear juatin sir...even if the motor has to be replaced it will be sent to... made by mabuchi.. the same wot nak sankyo mechanisms use...

Thanks selvin sir...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back