Need advice for WD live..

I am planning to buy WD live from US which is available at $62 on Ebay..Is it worth buying OR should I look for ny other option ?..Plz advice..
WD TV LIVE WDBAAN0000NBK HD Media Player | eBay

The item that u r planning to by is a refurbished one. I would advise to go for a new item - it's worth the extra price. Buy it from a reputed online store like amazon for peace of mind

Will suggest you to go for some player which is locally available.Try Himedia or Kaiboer both are good options.

Will suggest you to go for some player which is locally available.Try Himedia or Kaiboer both are good options.

Thanx mrigesh..Are both the player available in India? what is the price? and what is the major advantage compared to WD live?

i just bought it couple of weeks back through icc worldwide. costs pretty much the same as in india - 7k. it is a good player and has opened up the world of downloaded media to me. never thought it would be as good as this.

I purchased WDTV Live last week. But I'm disappointed with it. May be my assumptions were wrong. My plan was to use it as Media Server and torrent downloader. I realized after purchasing that WDLXTV is not available for the new WDTV live gen3. Also, It doesn't work very will with my Acer LCD Monitor which has HDMI 1680x1050 resolution. Now I'm planning to sell it..

Hi all,

My 8 month old WDTV live went dead last week while i was playing a video. Purchased from amazon through shop your world. It doesnt give any signal out. TV just shows like there is no device connected. Doesnt respond to remote keys. The power display in player is shown as ON.

Has anybody faced similiar issues. Tried resetting but didnt work out. Does WD provide support to imported media players.

Thanks in Advance.

Antony.

Hi all,

My 8 month old WDTV live went dead last week while i was playing a video. Purchased from amazon through shop your world. It doesnt give any signal out. TV just shows like there is no device connected. Doesnt respond to remote keys. The power display in player is shown as ON.

Has anybody faced similiar issues. Tried resetting but didnt work out. Does WD provide support to imported media players.

Thanks in Advance.

Antony.

I think you can try out as WD normally does international warranty on their products. Try to call the customer service and log a request. Good luck.

Thanks

hi!! i have a small question.. can we attach portable usb HDD to WD LIVE and make it act as a NAS and a media server??

Hi, would there be a difference in SQ if streaming FLAC files using the WDTV directly to the amp or via a DAC to the amp.
I am looking for a streamer to play FLAC files from the Harddrive. How about the Xtreamer or Asus O play?
Welcome any suggestions or alternatives. Thanks

Can you confirm that WD supports warranty for imported WD products (WD LIVE)?

One of my friend had his WD HDD replaced which was bought from US. But not sure for WD Live?

I am in need of some advice before i go ahead and purchase one of these. My AV setup has a DD5.1 (AC3) receiver (old Yamaha RX-V396RDS) that cant handle DTS audio and I dont really want to upgrade it just yet. Here is my problem :- Will the WD Live passthough /downmix DTS audio from MKV files into DD5.1 (AC3) format that my amp will understand, or will it convert it into 2 channel Pro Logic? ......Go here

Regards,
Berry

Hi, would there be a difference in SQ if streaming FLAC files using the WDTV directly to the amp or via a DAC to the amp.
I am looking for a streamer to play FLAC files from the Harddrive. How about the Xtreamer or Asus O play?
Welcome any suggestions or alternatives. Thanks

I did not notice any difference in SQ between WD TV and Xtreamer .

Theortically a DAC should give better SQ - the assumption being that a dedicated DAC will have better electronics compared to a media player.
So ultimately it boils down to the actual setup- Mediaplayer, DAC, Amplifier and Speakers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back