Need advice to buy headphone for < 3K

nizarp

I need your advice to select a headphone. My max budget is 3K

My usage will be:

75% Music in my Office PC (hiphop and rock)
25% For watching movies in my laptop.

I prefer an open circumaural one. Please advice....

Thanks in advance

I need your advice to select a headphone. My max budget is 3K

My usage will be:

75% Music in my Office PC (hiphop and rock)
25% For watching movies in my laptop.

I prefer an open circumaural one. Please advice....

Thanks in advance

Nizar, wouldnt open cans be leak a lot of sound? I am not sure it would be suitable for office use.

Nizar, wouldnt open cans be leak a lot of sound? I am not sure it would be suitable for office use.

Thanks for the reply.

I think the Closed headphones will look little bulky and they are not portable as open ones.

But a small size closed one is also fine for me...

Thanks for the reply.

I think the Closed headphones will look little bulky and they are not portable as open ones.

But a small size closed one is also fine for me...

What has size to do with being open/closed? All circum aural ones are going to be big enough to cover your ears?

My recommendation,
Philips SHP8900 - 3k
Philips SHP9000 - 4k (if you can afford)

If it is supra aural,
Sennheiser Px100 and nothing else. (2 - 2.5k)

do the alessandros also have the 'soundstage-less' sound of the base Grados? If so then I wouldn't really put a "buy it blind" recommendation on it simply because it would be a matter of taste and some people may not like that aspect of the headphones....

Try Alessandro MS1i. They do free shipping worldwide. You will not regret it!

Alessandro imo makes the grado house sound more enjoyable. MS1 takes away the sharp highs and gives more depth to the low-end. The mids are lovely and I find them better than the 125 or even the 225, if I may.

fwiw i replaced my hd595 with the MS1i :)

Alessandro imo makes the grado house sound more enjoyable. MS1 takes away the sharp highs and gives more depth to the low-end. The mids are lovely and I find them better than the 125 or even the 225, if I may.

fwiw i replaced my hd595 with the MS1i :)

Thanks guyz...

Its little high for my budget. Can you suggest any other models ?

Be aware of the umpteen fakes, especially Sennheiser, floating around in ebay. Try to buy from an authorized dealer with bill and warranty.

HD 202 or PX 100 which one is having better sound quality and bass(Not considering the shape) ?

HD 202 is DJ grade with enhanced bass and less of imaging.
PX 100 is lower audiophile grade with excellent imaging and slightly less bass than 202s..

Both are good especially PX100 for 1.9k. PX100s sound good on mp3s especially (more than higher grade headphones).

I would choose the PX100. If you are more of a BASS guy, select the HD202 compromising the clarity slighty for the punch.

BTW, 202s are closed while PX100s are open. The PX100 leak considerable sound. The person near you will be able to hear what you are listening to.

Read some reviews on amazon and watch some on youtube. I dont think they are available for audition anywhere.

If you want excellent bass response and clarity, HD212 Pros are the ones to go.
http://cgi.ebay.in/SENNHEISER-HD-21...QQptZLH_DefaultDomain_203?hash=item5884d56a7a

Thanks,

Last edited:
Try out the Koss Porta Pro headphones. They come for around 20 puunds (about Rs 1600). The sound is very natural and spans wide frequency range (15-25,000 Hz). A true audiophile quality sound at a discounted price. Though being a circumaural design, sound leaks out to the sorroundings.
But truly value for money and more.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back