Need For Additional Moderators for our Beloved Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, it is not going like the other way..We can very well know the members thinking and at-last an conclusion can be done if anybody is suitable or willing. Kindly put in thread who are not willing, so others will not keep proposing them.
FOR:-
On a serious note

SHALL WE READ:-
On a less sarcastic note ????

LOL, mate, Good one (from your point of view, ie . . .)

Cheers and Regards

Good point. BTW, noone called me. Not that I'm desperate to donn the mod cap but the record must be put straight.

It show's you are scared can't remain all-in-1 printer for ever.....

That's what you are thinking.let the super mod decide on that.....
Surprise surprise......

Hahahahaha. Stop jokin about interacting ...........

Hahahahaha..........

capt the MOD has interacted with few members........OMG he missed you nomination....Internal politics within MOD's

heights of story.... wah wah MOD

let us wait for new story on this.....

So the other-way around really:D :indifferent14:

I see the forum's functioning in order with small issues here and there, which will happen in all fields of life.

There is a lot of guidance from the main moderator and also a lot of advice is given by a host of members though it is a fact that the other 2 moderator's contribution is extremely low with special mention to madbulram.

If the moderators rarely moderate then in a way it is good but when things actually heat up a lot they do come in to douse the flames. It is not true by any standard that they are warning or banning right left center. It is absolutely wrong to say that the moderators are dumping their knowledge on us.

The moderators have near about never gone in a Hitler mode, this statement is not true by any standard and nor do they have a one sided view.

V.

It does not help by any standard to have moderator from every part of the country. If some forum members have a lot of posts by which it is seen that they are capable handlers then they should be considered for a moderator post, let the members be from one city or even staying in the same building.

To take a fresh member as the moderator without seeing their viable writings over a period of time can never be a good idea.

It is quite baseless to say that the moderator is doing a cut copy and paste, if this is true then there should be a continuous evidence and moreover let us imagine that it is true, so what is wrong with the cut copy and paste?

V.

The forum can be accessed by everyone so when someone wants to know something, can easily ask at the forum and get all sort of information. Therefore it does not become necessary to have a moderator from different cites/states.

V.

OMG.... match fixed again.

what a decision......i pity the forum

SUPER MOD........is this your decision?

is the source disclosed?

SUPER MOD:

hoping, you have invested interest int his FORUM, we would like to know your view point, regarding to this thread.

why is this thread not being made sticky and reflecting on home page of forum?

is this the play of moderators?

you don't want many members exposing to this thread?

as a forum member, we would like your own comments WRT this thread.

we need your decision, not any other MOD'S

Venkat - Can you please reveal who the members are that you got in touch with? I ask because I saw my name on a few lists and I had volunteered earlier but I have not been approached either. I'm assuming you are PM'ing the candidates.

I guess you have the first hand information about main moderator(SUPER MOD)

we don't want the MOD'S to douse the flame, the fact, they are the reason for the flames...

Most of members know about MOD(s) Hitler mode, its already enlightened..

just that members are in touch me not mode, voicing disabled....

This seems to be getting interesting, I never knew that the possibility of being a mod here could evoke such reactions. I find it all quite amusing and do have a lot of (honest) things to say but on second thoughts, I choose to get by by just quoting this hereunder:-

You can fool some of the people all the time
And all the people some of the time
But you cant fool all the people
All the time.
--- Abraham Lincoln

The Indian version in this particular context would read as under :-

YEH PUBLIC HAI, YEH SAB JAANTI HAI
(Read - the MASSES are NOT ASSES, they KNOW ALL)

And last but FAR from Least :-

DAAYI SE PET NAHI CHHUPAAYA JA SAKTA

(You cant hide a {pregnant} belly from a MIDWIFE)

The writing is much too evident because ITS ON THE WALL, :lol::yahoo::clapping::eek:hyeah::cool::rolleyes:

Last edited:
I guess you have the first hand information about main moderator(SUPER MOD)

we don't want the MOD'S to douse the flame, the fact, they are the reason for the flames...

Most of members know about MOD(s) Hitler mode, its already enlightened..

just that members are in touch me not mode, voicing disabled....

Hitler and Mussolini with all their combined efforts at Nazism and Fascism would appear to be kindergaten kids compared to You-Know-Who?

Jokes apart, if a Non-Indian reads this thread in detail,
(THINK OF THIS PLEASE)
Try To imagine the impression that he/she would carry about us as a NATION, as a PEOPLE and as a "HOBBYIST FORUM"

ITS NOT FUNNY, IMHO
I suddenly feel so SMALL.

Warmest Regards and Good Night, ALL

Hi all,

With just 1 post of an existing MOD things have suddenly turned ugly. Don't know what is the reason for the Mod to write what he wrote :confused:

Since it is very evident that our forum needs new mods, I fail to understand why such hostility & resistance to the suggestion for new mods to be inducted.:eek:

Yes, its high time the Supermod makes his presence felt here & clears the matter once & for all to all of us regarding

1) His willingness to do what is necessary
2) Clear the matter & disclose the names of the members who have refused to taking the role of Mod, as so far all being nominated have not reced. any intimation from the supermod.
3) Show his reaction to all that is being discussed here

I am very upset & annoyed at the way the this thread is going & disappointed that current Mod is feeling the heat & showing such negativity instead of welcoming the help in way of new Mods easing his load.

Am now wondering whether all this Mod business is being taken too seriously by him & that he is afraid of losing his power(s)??? :rolleyes:

Very disappointing to say the least!

Hi all,

With just 1 post of an existing MOD things have suddenly turned ugly. Don't know what is the reason for the Mod to write what he wrote :confused:

Since it is very evident that our forum needs new mods, I fail to understand why such hostility & resistance to the suggestion for new mods to be inducted.:eek:

Yes, its high time the Supermod makes his presence felt here & clears the matter once & for all to all of us regarding

2) Clear the matter & disclose the names of the members who have refused to taking the role of Mod, as so far all being nominated have not reced. any intimation from the supermod.

I am very upset & annoyed at the way the this thread is going & disappointed that current Mod is feeling the heat & showing such negativity instead of welcoming the help in way of new Mods easing his load.

Am now wondering whether all this Mod business is being taken too seriously by him & that he is afraid of losing his power(s)??? :rolleyes:

BRAVO, Denom
Well said
NOT ONLY
as a well-meaning member of this forum
BUT ALSO
as a son of the SOIL.

I share your sense of despair, mate.

ALAS . . . . . .

Ultimately, a privately owned forum is like a privately owned house. Good parties are not going to happen without guests, but, in the turn, guests go by the ways and customs of the house.

I think it is quite wrong to demand that Supermod and Venkat make any kind of disclosure. They have made inquiries of other members, who have declined. They are not accountable to us for who, why, when and what numbers.

Good arguments have been made for a larger team, and why an active forum needs more than one or two active mods (nothing personal). Those arguments and ideas have been accepted and positively acted on. Nobody accepted the job. Now the existing team is getting it in the neck again, even though they did what was suggested. Moderating is indeed, a thankless task.

Now, if I was a moderator on this site, I would close this thread at this point (well, probably several posts ago) --- so those who thought I should be might like to think again! ;)

Last edited:
SUPER MOD: HOPE YOUR HEARING.....

Guy's well yet again hope this thread doesn't drain.....

What the forum requires is active back-end MODERATION.....where all things are put in right places

We need MOD(s) with technical expertise who can handle technical issues and clear the other forum members doubts.....

Since this forum is AV related it would be nice to have a MOD(s) with engineering technical background....

The forum would like to see more technical papers guide's certified by an expert in the field rather than MOD

The forum should have MOD'S from every part of the country.not restricted to south alone...

SUPER-MOD: as a MEMBER, we need a change, we need new government..We need all NEW ACTIVE MODS

we need fresh talent, we need a leader

SUPER MOD: PLS PLS PLS WE DON'T NEED- GOOGLE MOD'S, CUT-COPY-PASTE MOD'S.

Guys let us not propose others as MOD. members who are interested in taking responsibility of MOD let them come forward themselves, appointment decision can be taken by Super MOD

DENOM:you have started this thread asking members to nominate the mod's

obliging you i will propose THAD.E from south, TRITTAYA from north.

T

Another "Bluu" episode:D on the way

If his comments are provocative it can be actively discussed not like post which is not understandable later on posted:p

There is no need of annoying the way the thread turns up, there is no heat so far, but one comment made heat and your thread become a hit list or hitting the "Wanted".

You should be upset because of only proposed list of Mods like "Trittya"/ Capt Rajesh " keen to repeat the "bluu" episode.:D

Hi all,

Ultimately, a privately owned forum is like a privately owned house. Good parties are not going to happen without guests, but, in the turn, guests go by the ways and customs of the house.

I think it is quite wrong to demand that Supermod and Venkat make any kind of disclosure. They have made inquiries of other members, who have declined. They are not accountable to us for who, why, when and what numbers.

Good arguments have been made for a larger team, and why an active forum needs more than one or two active mods (nothing personal). Those arguments and ideas have been accepted and positively acted on. Nobody accepted the job. Now the existing team is getting it in the neck again, even though they did what was suggested. Moderating is indeed, a thankless task.

Now, if I was a moderator on this site, I would close this thread at this point (well, probably several posts ago) --- so those who thought I should be might like to think again! ;)

Without transparency, what you say becomes heresy. So going by this we all should keep quiet & forget about improving the forum:rolleyes:
More like 'don't ask - don't tell'
One must not forget that the popularity of the forum is created by the members themselves & hence these members have a right to say & point out what needs to be corrected/taken care of & this should be taken into consideration positively by the owner & existing mods. Otherwise there is no hope for the lively participation & enthusiasm of members to continue contributing meaningfully to the forum.

We already have such Mods, so thankfully we will avoid you also becoming into 1:p Thanks for making it very clear thad ;)

If his comments are provocative it can be actively discussed not like post which is not understandable later on posted:p

There is no need of annoying the way the thread turns up, there is no heat so far, but one comment made heat and your thread become a hit list or hitting the "Wanted".

You should be upset because of only proposed list of Mods like "Trittya"/ Capt Rajesh " keen to repeat the "bluu" episode.:D

That is exactly what is happening so far. BUT we need a positive outcome of these discussions else the thread will continue to amble along or be closed without any positivity taking place.

Why are you keen on digging up old graves, that too in haunted graveyards???:p

Srini, your posts have been very positive so far, suggest you continue to do so & help us achieve what we all want (read that as betterment of our forum)

That is exactly what is happening so far. BUT we need a positive outcome of these discussions else the thread will continue to amble along or be closed without any positivity taking place.

Why are you keen on digging up old graves, that too in haunted garveyards???:p

Srini, your posts have been very positive so far, suggest you continue to do so & help us achieve what we all want (read that as betterment of our forum)

Out of all your quoted one I like "Why are you keen on digging up old graves, that too in haunted garveyards???:p

I dont want this episode to turn up like above , so have to keep remind the old one's how it has gone. We should not forget the past, typically "Independence day" / Republic day"/ our own birthday do anybody forgot ????;):eek:hyeah:

help us achieve what we all want Who /what want ? New Additional Moderator;)

Without transparency, what you say becomes heresy. So going by this we all should keep quiet & forget about improving the forum:rolleyes:
More like 'don't ask - don't tell'
No, we should not keep quiet and forget about improving the the forum, but nor should we loose sight of the fact that it is not a commune. If Supermod had wanted that, he could have set it up to work that way --- and the chances of it becoming an anarchic mess would have been much higher.

In my experience, both isn't-this-forum-wonderful and What's-wrong-with-this-forum threads always end in bickering, if not outright fighting. In the end, someone mentions Hitler --- and What's-his-name's Law (which I think was established back in the days of Usenet) is invoked. (Godwin?)

There we go... :cool:

I agree about the Hitler stuff. Please exercise moderation, be aware that the mods are discussing the need for additional moderators and let matters lie. Otherwise we will have no hesitation in closing this thread.

Do remember that there is time and effort involved in moderating and everyone may not be willing , free or interested in moderating.

What's happening friends?!

This thread has turned ugly. Thought this was a "We want additional Moderator(s)" thread:rolleyes:.

I agree with Thad, this thread now requires moderation (not closure/deletion). It is high time Supermod and/or other mods step in and clear the air.

Another suggestion: Mods should work as a Team, speak in one consistent voice and support each other. Personal Attack against Mods or any member should not be taken lightly. Constructive feedback/debating is cool, attacks are not.

EDIT: Saw George's post...
I agree about the Hitler stuff. Please exercise moderation, be aware that the mods are discussing the need for additional moderators and let matters lie. Otherwise we will have no hesitation in closing this thread.

Do remember that there is time and effort involved in moderating and everyone may not be willing , free or interested in moderating.

Thanks George for clarifying that. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
As typical with the previous thread on more mods in this forum, most of the participants in this thread have strayed from the pivotal purpose of suggesting/recommending volunteers for the post of a mod.

The attitude/behavior of some members in this thread has been disappointing to say the least.

I will be looking at the suggested list of recommended members for the post of a mod. In fact the process had been started in earnest several days ago.

Thank you all for your comments. The thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back