Need For Additional Moderators for our Beloved Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requesting to all HFV members to nominate their choice.

wonder why the others are still not doing so :confused:
What is the harm in doing so fellow members??? Why such negativity/bleak outlook???

Not pessimistic at all Dave. We have seen N number of threads requesting for more mods and our members including myself have participated hoping for a +ve result. It would be good to know what supermod, Hifivision's view on this is. Otherwise, we can keep talking till the cows come home without knowing if our suggestions/requests are being considered. If this is not gonna happen, let us know now, so we don't waste our time.

+1 to Santhosh. After all he owns the forum & we all are only voluntary participants & can only suggest on how to run the forum. None has been conferred any right to take any decision.

Great, now that the nominees' list is growing, we could request each one of them to write an article to the Super Mod on how this forum can be made a better place and also go for polling.

Topics could be
-What is the scope for improvement of the forum
-What are its shortcomings, how to eliminate them
-Area of interest/ knowledge
-Which areas need better moderation
-Do's and Don'ts in moderation
-Overused and Underused powers of Mod
-Name a few who are bad members and their nuisance
-How much time in a day / week can be dedicated
-Suggestions to increase the revenues

Methods:
Nominees -> Shortlisting by Poll -> Writing -> Final selection by S.Mod
Nominees -> Writing -> Shortlisting by S.Mod - > Final selection by Poll

Just my suggestion.:)

@Santhosh & Srini I'm ok with the job but since I keep touring, I need to find a more effective means to browse than my clumsy mobile.

Thatz Ok,,, I have indicated about choosing more mod's, if somebody misses one others will take care. Nobody is accessing computers 24hrs and MadblulRam is out for 1 year or so earlier and no harm:p

^^. That is double support by olly42:D

I propose a few names that come to my mind:

1.spirovious
2.kittu
3.denom
4.bluu
5.captrajesh
6.srinisundar
7.santhosh

I was almost certain that I will not post in this thread seeing as how I lost my temper with Canduu in the last mod discussion thread. However, I see that a lot of members are showing support and the discussion seems to be very positive.

First, Canduu - if you are reading this, let us put our earlier differences behind us. No point in holding an online grudge :)

Secondly, to all the members who nominated my name, thanks for the support.

Lets hope this thread proves more fruitful than the previous one. :)

Cheers!

I also propose that if there are some folks who would like to nominate themselves for this position they could do so and the Super Mod could take a call

baijuxavior - :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
I also propose that if there are some folks who would like to nominate themselves for this position they could do so and the Super Mod could take a call

baijuxavior - :eek:hyeah:

Reminds me of the 'Pirate King' election scene in POTC- At worlds end:D

I am a newbie here and don't have much experience in HiFi (what is that?:rolleyes:) and so have no intention to be a moderator. There are many senior members who deserve to be a mod.

Reminds me of the 'Pirate King' election scene in POTC- At worlds end:D

I am a newbie here and don't have much experience in HiFi (what is that?:rolleyes:) and so have no intention to be a moderator. There are many senior members who deserve to be a mod.

Seniority doesn't serve any purpose for moderation and only willingness and atleast slight knowledge in all categories needed:p

Moderation is not like shaving the head fully and it is like haircut trimming to certain extent..:D

Last edited:
I've not been that active here, but from what I've seen on the forum, even with light moderation, there have been very few instances where threads have degenerated into the Wild West. That goes a long way to show how mature (most) people are here.

Any "shortfalls" in moderation that I've felt, are simply technical things like a bit of delay in the approval of classifieds posts, and stuff like that. But hey, I know the guys that do the job have a life too, and they need to get to a computer/internet connection in between to do these things. And yes, more mods will definitely improve things in this area.

I agree that one, or maybe two mods will definitely ease the burden of the currently active moderators. But I'll be the last person to support intrusive, elitist, dictatorial and in-your-face moderation of the kind a certain Indian auto forum believes in.

I also fully support the notion that was put forward earlier in this thread, that a moderator needs be be somebody who has people skills, rather than technical skills/knowledge. We have some really knowledgeable members here who can contribute technically in every area.

I'll put forward the names of five people who I think can do what is necessary really well:

1) Thad E Ginathom
2) Capt. Rajesh
3) Spirovious
4) iaudio
5) Bluu

This has been mentioned before (on this thread or the other thread I have linked to in post #2), and I support it completely: The best thing all of us can do to contribute to the working of the forum is to do a bit of self moderation ourselves by stepping in to cool down hot arguments, reporting offensive posts, pointing newbies (and others) to the right threads/sections, etc. None of us need to wear the mod hat for any of this stuff.

The mods really need to step in only when something technical (that only they have the authority to do) needs to be done, or the (hopefully) rare instances where infractions need to be given.

I actually like how we can relax, be ourselves, and have a bit of fun here. Let us not ruin things with too much moderation. :)

Thanks, Hydra. I'd go so far as to describe myself as an experienced moderator! Learnt lots of things, and learnt them the hard way, by making mistakes.

Did I mention burnout in a previous post? ;) It isn't something that I want to do again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back