Need Help about Pioneer Htp RS-33

Dont worry man.

I have sony AVR.

Before buying my receiver I had a demo with the same package in Reliance center.
They played mp3 songs instead of playing movies. It was very very good when I listened to music but I havent checked with movies.

Ofcourse it comes with 12" subwoofer which has boomy bass and it is good for music.

My suggestion here is, try to watch a bluray movie which is minimum of 4 gb of size. Reduce your woofer level and increase all other sounds. Now listen the sound.

If you still feel the same then let us know here we will give you some other suggestions with settings....

Last edited:
Hey Pritam,

A quick question. What is the input source for the content (Blu ray rips etc)?

I have the same package and I feel the center channel is the biggest let down. The floor standers, sub and surround speakers still do a respectable job considering the price :)

My all sources are BDrips with DTS-HDMA or True-HD audio.The center channel is a joke.Dull and not so clear.I feel in some DTS-HD audio the system performs very good especially which have good basses.But most of DTS-HD sounded very dull.Even my Logitech Z906, a 17.5k system and Sony HTiv 300 performs better and produces crystal clear audio than this 45k pioneer.How pioneer make this type of AV Receiver system and speakers packages i don't know...

I dont know what you have to do further.

Because if you want to buy a new AVR then what would you do your old one? Similarly, if you want to buy new speaker package then what would you do your old speaker packages?

So think twice before you make any decision as you said you dont have money to buy anything hereafter.

Just try to sale it in the forum or somewhere out for a decent price and then we will come to a conclusion..

Till that be calm and try to make some change in the settings and try...

Dont worry man.

I have sony AVR.

Before buying my receiver I had a demo with the same package in Reliance center.
They played mp3 songs instead of playing movies. It was very very good when I listened to music but I havent checked with movies.

Ofcourse it comes with 12" subwoofer which has boomy bass and it is good for music.

My suggestion here is, try to watch a bluray movie which is minimum of 4 gb of size. Reduce your woofer level and increase all other sounds. Now listen the sound.

If you still feel the same then let us know here we will give you some other suggestions with settings....

I dont know what you have to do further.

Because if you want to buy a new AVR then what would you do your old one? Similarly, if you want to buy new speaker package then what would you do your old speaker packages?

So think twice before you make any decision as you said you dont have money to buy anything hereafter.

Just try to sale it in the forum or somewhere out for a decent price and then we will come to a conclusion..

Till that be calm and try to make some change in the settings and try...

Thank you very very much for your suggestion bro.Bro i cannot understand what do you mean of 4GB video size ? I think the audio with the matter.What audio type you want to test by me ? MP3, AAC, AC3, DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD HRA , DTS-HDMA and Dolby True-HD ? I have all those sources.Please tell me.
One thing to ask with this same speaker packages how much perform your Sony AVR ? Means is this speakers are bad or my AVR ? I cannot understand.I want change my AVR.But if it is not my AVR issue then must be speakers.So want to know how much your Sony AVR performs with this Speaker packages.But i tell you some of sources sounds too good.And of course i am a very poor guy.I saved my money for a long time and buy this system.Because in here i found that AVR systems are far better than HTib systems like sony,samsung.Is pioneer is good brand in avr ? I am very much frustrated.I saved my money for a long time to buy a avr system.you do not know how much hard to buy that avr system by a poor guy like me.My monthly income is 7000 only.To buy another avr i have to wait a lot time to save my money again.i donot know what i do now bro.i am a very simple person and have no knowledge like you guys.Please help me..Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Pritam..

First thing dont worry about your AV System. You have bought a good system and it sounds good for music and OK for movies too. I know it is very difficult to buy such an AV System with your salary and you would have your own dreams before you buy this. We all had the same feeling before we buy.

I dont say it is a bad system because I auditioned it. It made the entire showroom focus on the set while playing.

So dont worry about anything. It is good that your system is working fine so far. 4GB what I meant here is that a good bluray movie or good 5.1 AC3 movie to test.

Just test with these kind of formats you will be happy with the output of your receiver.

My suggestion is, use your system for some time and enjoy watching movies by setting your Front, Surround and center with high volume. Reduce subwoofer level to low for good clarity in watching movies.

You buy some other system once you ok with your financial problems. So dont feel frusturate.

I just auditioned your speakers but I didnt buy that because my receiver requires more powered speaker in terms of impedance. I am using POLK AUDIO.

Look at this thread, this is for your setup only.
http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/47199-pioneer-avr-owners-thread.html

Cheers.......

Last edited:
Pritam..

First thing dont worry about your AV System. You have bought a good system and it sounds good for music and OK for movies too. I know it is very difficult to buy such an AV System with your salary and you would have your own dreams before you buy this. We all had the same feeling before we buy.

I dont say it is a bad system because I auditioned it. It made the entire showroom focus on the set while playing.

So dont worry about anything. It is good that your system is working fine so far. 4GB what I meant here is that a good bluray movie or good 5.1 AC3 movie to test.

Just test with these kind of formats you will be happy with the output of your receiver.

My suggestion is, use your system for some time and enjoy watching movies by setting your Front, Surround and center with high volume. Reduce subwoofer level to low for good clarity in watching movies.

You buy some other system once you ok with your financial problems. So dont feel frusturate.

I just auditioned your speakers but I didnt buy that because my receiver requires more powered speaker in terms of impedance. I am using POLK AUDIO.

Look at this thread, this is for your setup only.
http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/47199-pioneer-avr-owners-thread.html

Cheers.......

Thank you very much for giving me your precious time and suggestion.And again Thank you to understand my situation.AC3 sounds good in this system.But i think DTS-HDMA and Dolby True-HD sounds should be better because those are Lossless.Also i tell you my room is small and have lots of furniture.Bro i am a poor guy with a good dream in my heart to buy a good system.So saving my money after a long time i buy it.Previously i use Logitech Z906 system which is 17.5k.But within 2 years replace period i found 2 times same issue that is automatic shutdown the system.First time they replace with new one and after use of 2 month again same problem occour.Finally they give my money back by issuing cheque.After saving more money i finally buy Pioneer Rs-33 System.

No problem... Have different settings for the lossless tracks.. You will get some good output.

Keep rocking. Again Dont worry money doesnt a matter. You can upgrade it in one or two years later...

No problem... Have different settings for the lossless tracks.. You will get some good output.

Keep rocking. Again Dont worry money doesnt a matter. You can upgrade it in one or two years later...

Thank you very much Sir. Can you give me some good settings for lossless track like DTS-HDMA or True-HD ?

Just increase your speaker level settings a little for all except sub. For ex: 3.0db for all. This will give you little loud and crisp.

This may be a very delayed question.... but how exactly are you playing these formats on the system? USB, PC?

For clarity especially on the center channel, even i was considering getting another channel speaker (maybe AJ center channel speakers) but not sure if the AVR would be able to power it.

From what ive heard from other people who own this system is that it is better for music than it is for movies (supposedly better than other AVR systems in this price range).

And I agree with what Vinoth said. Try playing with the settings. It will definately improve the sound quality :)

It will be good if your input has Dolby Digital to feed the receiver. We mostly get it with some TVs with ARC, BD players and HD DACs. Not sure about the personal computers and laptops.

Even my Mac book pro does not have dolby digital out.

This may be a very delayed question.... but how exactly are you playing these formats on the system? USB, PC?

For clarity especially on the center channel, even i was considering getting another channel speaker (maybe AJ center channel speakers) but not sure if the AVR would be able to power it.

From what ive heard from other people who own this system is that it is better for music than it is for movies (supposedly better than other AVR systems in this price range).

And I agree with what Vinoth said. Try playing with the settings. It will definately improve the sound quality :)

I am playing it from my HTPC only.I also suspect the AVR. But really is it a better system on that price range ? I am bass headed person.So buy this system.Is pioneer RS-33 is a good avr system for music ? My all sources are DTS-HDMA or Dolby True-HD, DTS and AC3.

Last edited:
Just increase your speaker level settings a little for all except sub. For ex: 3.0db for all. This will give you little loud and crisp.

It will be good if your input has Dolby Digital to feed the receiver. We mostly get it with some TVs with ARC, BD players and HD DACs. Not sure about the personal computers and laptops.

Even my Mac book pro does not have dolby digital out.

I have checked this levels.Center channel is 13 db, Fronts are 12 db, Surrounds are 15 db max and SW is 15 db max. Reliance digital guy set this settings.If something wrong please please tell me.
I use this avr system only for my HTPC.My PC have Radeon R9 270X GPU and Asus Xonar DS with DTS COnnect.I use HDMI from GPU to AVR.And ofcourse Asus Xonar has Digital audio spdif optical out.It have passthrough Dolby Digital and DTS also.It have also DTS connect technology.

First reset all the levels to 0db including sub and then test your movies. If you are not OK then try setting all the levels to 5.0db to all the speakers except sub. This must help you for sure.

Later slowly increase your sub db and set based on your taste.

Hi
Out of all, i felt AJ package sounded very good and immediately bought that HT along with yamaha rxv 375

Now i'm very happy that i got good HT finally, wat a relief from those Pioneer trash :)

You sold one Pioneer system and bought another Pioneer system
Which of them you calling trash :D ?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back