Need help for better stereo thru a entry level bluray player

vinothkumar

Hi folks,

Probably this is a known question to most of you but still i have some doubts about using a dac with a bluray player.

I have sony str dn1050 avr connected with sony bdp s1100 bluray player. So far i have tested it with playing movies and its working at its best.

Now im planning to play some audio cds thru the bluray player which doesnt have analog out. So for betterment im planning to buy fiio d3 for analog conversion.

If I connect the dac with the bluray, would it give better result?

Thanks in advance

Forgot to mention that the input for dac is coaxial..
And sorry it wrongly created a new same post.

Hi, pl don't think of Fiio D3, I have that one. It's bass heavy and not even close to being natural. I am in the midst of shifting otherwise I could have lent mine for u to audition. I am based at Hyderabad till mid September but not yet shifted my things. Will try to bring it to Hyderabad next time . But surely the Sony will do better.

What's your budget btw, experts can suggest better options if you want a proper DAC. I use Valab NOS which I like a lot. More so after shifting to a proper stereo setup. It should be around 15k now

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks ragu and gowtam. I just blindly decided based ob the reviews in amazon. Your review really helped me. I can spend around 10 k for dac.

Get a SMSL Sanksrit 6th Ann Edition from Ali Express. Wont cost you more than 8K including customs. I have been using it for quite some time now and I am very happy with it.

Hi folks,

Probably this is a known question to most of you but still i have some doubts about using a dac with a bluray player.

I have sony str dn1050 avr connected with sony bdp s1100 bluray player. So far i have tested it with playing movies and its working at its best.

Now im planning to play some audio cds thru the bluray player which doesnt have analog out. So for betterment im planning to buy fiio d3 for analog conversion.

If I connect the dac with the bluray, would it give better result?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried playing CD's from your Blu Ray player connected to AVR via HDMI ?

Not yet. So far i played with a old philips dvd player which is not giving good lows and highs. Its more of bassy output. Im in my native place now have to play cds in my bluray player on this sunday

Not yet. So far i played with a old philips dvd player which is not giving good lows and highs. Its more of bassy output. Im in my native place now have to play cds in my bluray player on this sunday

If you use RAW output from your DVD Player & Bit Steam on your Blu Ray Player, the digital out to AVR, should be the same..

Use Stereo Direct/Pure Direct function on your AVR when playing stereo...

Thanks elango ... If it is pure direct mode i have to turn the volume about 60 percent. Anyways its a good suggestion though. Let me give a try.

Thanks elango ... If it is pure direct mode i have to turn the volume about 60 percent. Anyways its a good suggestion though. Let me give a try.

Don't worry about 60% volume...That is fine.. Have you done the auto calibration set-up on AVR? If so, it would automatically set the Left & Right channel level to your primary listening position..

Hey People, Just played audio cds through the Bluray player... Just came to know both HDMI and Coaxial send PCM 2.0 / 44.1 sample rates..

Not getting better stereo with this. So now its your call.. What should I do further?

Thanks.

Can you elaborate on "not getting better stereo with this"?
It is not clear what you expected and what you are getting.

If I play audio cds (even with 320KBPS) my AVR display says PCM 2.0/44.1K and the audio quality also low. If I play the same CD with a philips DVD player with 2.0 analog out to the same AVR which is giving good punch.

This is my question, with my Bluray player how can I improve the stereo quality atleast close to what I am getting with the philips player.

Thanks in advance

If I play audio cds (even with 320KBPS) my AVR display says PCM 2.0/44.1K and the audio quality also low. If I play the same CD with a philips DVD player with 2.0 analog out to the same AVR which is giving good punch.

This is my question, with my Bluray player how can I improve the stereo quality atleast close to what I am getting with the philips player.

Thanks in advance
Giving more punch! Like deeper bass and sharper trebles? can you try analog out from the BD player and check if the audio is comparable to Philips or same as HDMI?

Trying to understand your issue. These two statements appear contradictory
So far i played with a old philips dvd player which is not giving good lows and highs. Its more of bassy output.
If I play the same CD with a philips DVD player with 2.0 analog out to the same AVR which is giving good punch.
Also see if you can find the DAC chip model in the Philips player and in the Sony AVR.
Just possible you are liking one better than the other.

Thanks tuff and naturelover.

Tuff, there is no analog out in the bd so i could not do that.

Naturelover, the output between these two players are not even comparable imo. I founf philips is better than sony interms of stereo process.

If I go with a dac would it give proper crisp and balanced sound?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back