Need help for htpc hd video & audio

neo_49

I have connected my pc (gigabyte GA-MA78GM ,AMD 56+) to DENON 1908 with HDMI but i have problem with both audio & video,in audio there is no DOLBY & DTS out from pc to receiver & in video there is no HD quality video from denon to my PANASONIC 32" LX80 LCD tv (lcd connected to DENON HDMA monitor out) ,so is this onbord graphic card is enuf or i need some good graphic card ?
REGARDS

Well there will be no Dolby or DTS sound coming out because you have no soundcard installed - at least nothing that was mentioned in your post. About video quality how have you connected the computer with the LCD monitor? Via HDMI or via DVI?

Regarding display quality you should see very good quality even using the onboard graphics. However we must keep in mind that if there is a HD ready TV in use the computer is able to provide more resolution and detail than can be shown by the panel. This motherboard is capable of delivering Full HD video.

The onboard video capabilities are indeed very good using this motherboard. I am not sure why connecting via HDMI results in poor quality. What did you try watching using this HTPC? A DVD or a TV program or a DivX file?

Thanx for replay,I tryed to connect my pc to lcd with HDMI but there is very poor quality but with vga its better then HDMI, and i dont have graphic card i thought onboard graphic card is ok for audio & video,
GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.0)
REGARDS

Neo, please ensure you have the catalyst drivers correctly setup and installed also the version of catalyst drivers make a difference, along with that the ctalyst software does let you set the output resolution, ensure you set it up the same what your tv can receive,

Neo, please ensure you have the catalyst drivers correctly setup and installed also the version of catalyst drivers make a difference, along with that the ctalyst software does let you set the output resolution, ensure you set it up the same what your tv can receive,

Catalyst is for ATI - I dont think he has any display card installed. Just installing all the drivers that came with the motherboard should be good.

I have installed catalyst drivers but dont know about setup, if some one confirm that this motherboard is working for high definition video then i will do some R&D with setup.
REGARDS

I have installed catalyst drivers but dont know about setup, if some one confirm that this motherboard is working for high definition video then i will do some R&D with setup.
REGARDS

Well it is working fine for me. Although you have to be specific about HD Video. Do you have a Blu Ray drive attached to your computer? As otherwise you will not get to play HD movies.

The motherboard can go the whole hog - 1900X1200 whereas I am not sure if your TV can. If it is HD ready then it cannot go to that resolution. But your DVDs should still look very good. What files are you playing?

I dont have BD drive ,i have mkv video files that download from torrent site like KING-KONG is around 16 gb. and my LCD is not full HD.
REGARDS

I dont have BD drive ,i have mkv video files that download from torrent site like KING-KONG is around 16 gb. and my LCD is not full HD.
REGARDS

What player are you using to play that file? There are full HD players which do justice to full HD playback. Normal players cannot perform anywhere at that level although they are very good with other content.

Please suggest me a good player for mkv format and also good graphic card (affordable) that support DOLBY+DTS out.
REGARDS

Neo, I am not sure you are approaching this the right way. The graphic card has nothing to with Dolby or DTS outputs. You will need a sound card for that. And there are a few options out there like the Auzentech Prelude and the Xonar D2X.

And as far as display is concerned you should do fine with the motherboard itself as long as you are not going to play games on this machine.

The above suggested players can play HD content as it was meant to be. However, if you have a HD ready monitor, playing it in Full HD may not give you the best possible picture quality although it should still be very good.

Sorry my mistake i want to ask about sound card not graphic card, and how much is this two sound card cost you mentioned .
REGARDS

Last edited:
I have some doubt about setting couse even my desktop is not clear with hdmi but with vga it is good,
REGARDS

If you are using a cheap HDMI cable, I would suggest using a quality one. Experts here could suggest some options regarding cabling.

May be u r right i will try with another one (good HDMI cable ) that i connected to my DV600 and DENON 1908,is this motherboard support digital audio out with optical out,if yes how to configure this optical cable.
REGARDS

May be u r right i will try with another one (good HDMI cable ) that i connected to my DV600 and DENON 1908,is this motherboard support digital audio out with optical out,if yes how to configure this optical cable.
REGARDS

Just connect a Coaxial or Optical cable from the computer to the AVR and you are done.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back