Need help for ice in i20.

coolrider

hi all,

i am new to this audio scene.though i loved to listen to good music and prefer SQ,i didn't know(Still i don't) the technical aspects or about the front stage or the combinations that should go into the vehicle.and neither did i realize there were not much good installers available here in my hometown Trivandrum or may be they made most out of my technical ignorance in this field.i never did my research about amp,sub or speakers when i first upgraded.i had so many options but were not aware of all that.well,i don't regret it as now that mistake makes me realize the importance of "patience" and not to do everything in a haste.its been 2 and half years that i have last upgraded from the stock speakers.I can say only one thing after the install.i was not happy with the install or the way it sounded(though way too better that the stock speakers).but i decided to stick on to whatever thats been done as i didn't have much money left with me to do anything extra as i was a student then (still :D) so now its time to do another upgrade and seriously folks i don't want to regret this after the install.i have been going through many forums recently, not to make any mistake this time.its so important for me to choose the right shop as much as the components for installation.i decided to do this from Cochin now.i first started to read reviews about infinity primus 6500cs,alpine,hertz,focals and some reviews i heard they are way too bright.i prefer bass and a soothing effect.something which doesn't cause fatigue after prolonged use.finally got stuck on ID and rainbow.I will post my budget and gurus please help me in finding an appropriate component.

need help in choosing front components and a headunit.

Existing setup is.

Headunit-Stock HU
Front-Stock speakers
Rear-JBL GT6-s699 co axials (Mounted on to tray)
subwoofer-JBL 1215T bass tube
Amp-Sony xplod 4 ch amp 600W

Modification that is intended to be done :-

1. Head unit -Double din it has to be.i don't prefer lcd or any flashy units.When i went to a local shop i have not had enough choices.there was alpine w233e and alpine w235e.the rest were all lcd models and way too pricey.

2. Front components 2 way - i don't listen to only a particular type of genre.Listening includes MJ,rap,bollywood music,South Indian music,soft melodies.i cannot pin point any particular genre.i prefer not too bright music though.i don't like the feeling like something piercing into my ears.i cannot explain more about that feel:D.

3. Damping - if its required for the front doors*

4. is there any need to replace amp or sub ?
Total budget is 28k .

Gurus please guide me.All suggestions are welcome.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back